SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this card work on XP Pro, or do you HAVE to run MCE?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeman
Will this card work on XP Pro, or do you HAVE to run MCE?
I'll edit the ooriginal post but that's XP Pro-SP2 with the latest patches and DX9-April redist.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
And here was the clincher for me. It uses 1 (one) IRQ
Gerry the way the chip is build that the way belive it works, Think of it as Dual core in one package core, but when come to GraphEdit there should be two each Tuner, CrossBar, TV Audio, etc, etc filter.
I wonder if the drivers are Windows 2000 compatible.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage Icon

Gerry, thanks for the info, very well written review.

I was going to buy a PVR-500 and would make you an offer on your old ones considering the price is good, but after reading your praise for the Nvida one, I don't want the 500 any more.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ha, I was going to say that indicating he wanted to replace the 500s because the Nvidia card was so much better probably wasn't the best sales pitch!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Ha, I was going to say that indicating he wanted to replace the 500s because the Nvidia card was so much better probably wasn't the best sales pitch!
Oh I knew I was shooting myself in the foot on that but I'm not worried. If I don't seel them individually I'll put a quick system to gether and sell them. I don't want to get off topic here but you can probably save yourself $40 off a new one and these include the extra port bracket.
Please PM me so as not to derail this thread. Any more questions re:the cards will not be repsonded to here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
I wonder if the drivers are Windows 2000 compatible.
Sorry but I don't have a W2K machine lying around to test on. Seeing that it was done for MCE I don't think W2k was even on their mind but it may just work.

I'm actually going to order the next one with the MCE remote since Sage handles this remote nicely now. I'll work on getting screenshots up this weekend but it's Easter and I may have difficulty getting to it. The other thing I'm still curious about is the nVidia decoder is actually a newer version than what's posted so I'm wondering if any features were added to specifically take advantage of the nv Dual TV card.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Gerry I know but ATI said the same thing to and it work under Windows 2000 just fine, but in any case could you sent me the Hardware INF file.
Have you tested any low biterate like 720x480 and 352x480 "Sage Profile CVD" at 3MBit/sec?.
When you get some time Gerry can run GraphEdit and load the filter and take screenshot of it so we can see the filter properties and it option under the hood just rigth click on filter to get the properties.
Look under below screenshot to fine the filter in the red area

Click on the + sign then as you fine then DBL click on the filter that add them to main work area.
You don't need worry about TV Audio or TV tuner
If you don't have GraphEdit Click to get it

Last edited by SHS; 04-12-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Expert

I need to quit reading this thread, it's making me want to spend money (although the net spent would be less as I could sell off my existing PVR-500 cards and I could sell off the MCE compatible remotes packaged with the NVidia cards).

Someone needs to talk me out of this.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
Gerry I know but ATI said the same thing to and it work under Windows 2000 just fine, but in any case could you sent me the Hardware INF file.
Have you tested any low biterate like 720x480 and 352x480 "Sage Profile CVD" at 3MBit/sec?.
When you get some time Gerry can run GraphEdit and load the filter and take screenshot of it so we can see the filter properties and it option under the hood just rigth click on filter to get the properties.
Look under below screenshot to fine the filter in the red area

Click on the + sign then as you fine then DBL click on the filter that add them to main work area.
You don't need worry about TV Audio or TV tuner
If you don't have GraphEdit Click to get it
Whewwww.....
OK. I can send you the hardware INF file tonight when I get home. I'll set up one of the tuners for the low bit rate stuff. Do you want me to report how it looks and file size or are you looking for screenshots?
I'll run graphedit and get you all the filter props and info you're looking for. I may need your help later. I'll send you what I get and you can tell me what I forgot or did wrong.

Gerry
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
need to quit reading this thread, it's making me want to spend money
LoL aperry and I wish had the cash I get one rigth now just so I can do a comparisons to the PVR 150/500 side by side recording from same show on two diff system but I only use MPEG-VCR that way I can get RAW screenshot image which give you all an idea on how it really look.

Just want know how it look overall Gerry and if can try a good action show would be pref.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Thank Gerry for INF File I be waiting for the screenshot.
Cool this has a wide number of Capability listed in Hardware INF

Video Type
Video Bitrate
Video Peak Bitrate
Video Frame rate
Video Display Horizon
Video Display Vertical
GOP N P
GOP N B
Closed GOP
MPEG4 Profile
Aspect Ratio
Video Filtering
TBC
3DYC Filter
Inverse Telecine
Video Out ID
SRC TV Standard
Video Field Order
CC Insert Mode
Data Insert Mode
Private Data
Private Data Size
Audio Type
Audio BitRate
Audio Sound Rate
Audio Input Sound Rate
Audio Channels
Audio Frame CRC
Audio Out ID
Syetem Format
System BitRate
Mux Pack Size
TimeStamp Mode
Init TimeStamp
Dyn BitRate Change Supported

Wow lot of Filter Pins
Video In
Audio In
Video Out
Audio Out
PCM Out
MPEG-2 PS Out
Encoder Video In
Encoder Audio In
Encoder Video Out
Encoder Audio Out
MPEG4 VES Out
MPEG4 AES Out
Mux Video In
Mux Audio In
PS Mux Out
Transcoder PS Input
Transcoder PS Output
Transcoder TS Input
Transcoder TS Output
Transcoder MPEG4 VES Input
Transcoder MPEG4 AES Input
Transcoder MPEG4 VES Output
Transcoder MPEG4 AES Output
Transcoder YUV Input
Transcoder PCM Input

Last edited by SHS; 04-12-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

I guess the IRS can wait...I'm gettin' two!

P

Edit: Gerry, any chance you could install the ChrisTweak trial, and see if any adjustment settings are exposed for this card?

P

Last edited by Polypro; 04-13-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:29 AM

So far everthing that Gerry "aka gplasky" who has NVIDIA DualTV MCE and some eles I now know who has perview board of the AVerTV Purity 3D MCE 500 has sent me screenshot showing the property sheets which is broken or has been disable or even possable hasn't been wirting in or there a diff way for it to be done under GraphEdit which I'm not aware of so for now it dosen't work in GraphEdit like Hauppauge PVR and ATI Theater Pro 550 which have exposes advanced filter features properties which allow you to do a lot thing under GraphEdit.
So only good news is that it works in SageTV so you don't have to have MCE but that still bad when you folk out $170 for a half-done unfinsh product where you can't even make full use the chip other features capabilities under GraphEdit.
Thanks god don't have enought cash to buy it now I think I may wait.

Last edited by SHS; 04-17-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

I look at the drivers being Round 1. I expect them to advance at a pretty fast rate just to catch up with other cards capabilities. I'm just happy with the better picture and great stability for a first-card out.

Gerry
Old 04-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
it dosen't work in GraphEdit.. half-done unfinsh product
When I first started messing around with GraphEdit, I thought it was the coolest little application ever. But to be honest, I haven't touched it in over a year. If a process requires that much handholding, it's not a long term solution and not worth the investment in time to me.

I don't think it's fair to call this new Nvidia card "half" if it 1) works in SageTV and 2) has superior image quality.

I too don't have the money to purchase one right now, but it is the next card I'm getting for sure.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming

Last edited by SHS; 04-17-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas
When I first started messing around with GraphEdit, I thought it was the coolest little application ever. But to be honest, I haven't touched it in over a year. If a process requires that much handholding, it's not a long term solution and not worth the investment in time to me.

I don't think it's fair to call this new Nvidia card "half-done" if it 1) works in SageTV and 2) has superior image quality.

I too don't have the money to purchase one right now, but it is the next card I'm getting for sure.
I'd have to agree. And it's not really that it DOESN'T work in graphedit. You just don't get access to any of the new/cool features. You get basic access to the Capture video decoder and the Capture Video Proc Amp (brightness, gamma, etc.)and the Capture Stream format. But you don't see board or filters properties that could give you access to noise reduction, comb filter or volume level. They either 1) disabled it somehow, 2) maybe it's available on MCE or 3) broken and we'll see it in the next version. I don't use graphedit so I'm really not missing it.

Gerry

Last edited by SHS; 04-17-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:02 PM

The main reason for calling it "half-done" it becuase of that chip missing a lot of feature no way to use the Transcoder or record in MPEG4 and nothing in graphedit to make use of thoses feature or make a some small tweaks in tell there a applications or in tell they enable filter property sheets.
How we know it superior image quality.
How min 3rdparty applications will work with it MPEG file like MPEG Editor, DVD Authoring, etc, etc, How dose it look with other DVD/MPEG Decoder codec and Hradware Decoder, You know that Nvidia could have Insert a Private Data in to MPEG to tell there decoder to give PQ.

Last edited by SHS; 04-17-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Wow... conspiracy theories for TV tuner cards.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

I think he's just saying that we *know* what the card is capable of, but nvidia didn't activate those parts.

P
Old 04-16-2006, 05:27 PM

conspiracy theories how that White94Cobra when both ATI and NVIDIA are well know for doing this to video card make Games Bench and Benchmark tools run fast then it really should it just idea and what Polypro said we *know* what the card is capable dose it have TRUE VBR mode I hope it not like the ATI 550 which is fix VBR Number thoses just some thing I like know about snd I sure min other would to.