SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Minimizing shouldn't happen unless the lnk and jpg end in '_m', which should only happen if you have explicitly set the appropriate setting in the advanced properties file to '_m'. By default it just uses whatever sleep meathod you have set in sage screensaver settings. I'm fairly sure that this is working properly.

As for the waking sage up again, you would need to go into the advanced preference file and enter in the full path to your SageTV(Client) (i.e C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV(Client).exe). Otherwise my script assumes you can handle getting Sage back in focus and doesn't do anything.
I'm not sure what changed, but right now the burn batch file that your process creates end with _i which I don't remember being that way in the past. This change seems to coincide with the problem that I am having.

I have not modified the advanced preferences.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Re: Burn Batch File - Now there are two types of files my script is outputing.

1) Unclickable status images which let you know your qdvd file is queue(yellow dot) or processing(blue dot) and all of those will end in '_i'. Provided you are running the latest version of SageMC or the SageTV_DVD_burnImport.stvi nothing will happen when you click those. They are for information purposes only and will have an associated .jpg, .lnk, but NO batch file.

2) Clickable status images which let you know that your qdvd file is finished(green dot) or errored out (red dot). Those should end in either '_m' (minimize), '_x' (exit), or nothing (sage settings sleep) but never '_i'. These should have an associated .jpg, .lnk, AND a batch file.

Update: nm, mystery solved. BruenerXII removed the Other Programs '_m' option for his own personal use, let me know so I could fix it before I released it to the public, and I may or may not (read: definitely did) have forgotten I'll update the download tonight with Other Programs v1.3

Re: Video Redo - Well, you guys just let me know what parameters you need the script to provide to your batch file (i.e. original file name, temp file name, etc) and i'll make sure you get it.

Update

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-05-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Did you fix the problem of all shows transocding regarless of size? I have a multifile DVD that is three shows - about 2.9GB of data, and I noticed that they are being transcoded.

I can forward a copy of the log if you like...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Did you fix the problem of all shows transocding regarless of size? I have a multifile DVD that is three shows - about 2.9GB of data, and I noticed that they are being transcoded.

I can forward a copy of the log if you like...
Yeah, that should be fixed. Go ahead and send me that log file.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

OK, I sent it. Great support by the way!

Also, I am still not getting any of the colored status images during the processing, in fact, I don't even get the picture of ImageBurn anymore. Might be something I am doing wrong since it is happening on both PCs that I have setup.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Code:
Video Info Line[2]:   Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 29.97 fps(r): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 480x480, 2800 kb/s
According to this line the video res is 480x480 which, I'm fairly sure, isn't a DVD compliant resolution (I think it's SVCD). I know Sage says it is, but the only 3 that are actually compliant are "DVD Standard Play" "DVD Long Play" and "DVD Extra Long Play" which all have a resolution of 720x480.

As for the pictures, I'll put together a little batch file for you to run some tests with and we'll get to the bottom of that.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-05-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

You're right, sorry I missed that.

For the picture problem, it does not look like I have the .png files with the colored status icons (like processing.png) in the sagtv\perl2dvd directory. Should these files be there, or are they created automatically during the process?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Go ahead and download the latest full version(non-upgrade) and overwrite your current perl2dvd directory with the one from the .rar. That should ensure that everything is upto date.

In fact, you might even want to overwrite everything except your .pref files just to be safe.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Go ahead and download the latest full version(non-upgrade) and overwrite your current perl2dvd directory with the one from the .rar. That should ensure that everything is upto date.

In fact, you might even want to overwrite everything except your .pref files just to be safe.
That worked, thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That worked, thanks.

I've also uploaded a .rar full of alternate DVD menus which you can found here and on my instructions page. Once again, credit on all of the great images goes to the talented skinners over at Media Portal.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Sage User

Problems w/ instructions

First of all thank you for your efforts to create this super useful utility. I am surprised is is not a native feature in SageTV but as usual the community has stepped up and filled the gaps! Anyway, I am having a problem with the installation steps. I am running Sage 5 and with the default STV and Neilm's dynamic menus. I installed Dirmon, Img Burn and extracted perl2dvd all on the same machine. The next step is where I get lost with configuring the dyanmic menu. At the end of this install I am expecting that if I want to burn something to DVD I will right click on a file and be given the option to burn but I am not sure if that is the case or not so I don't understand step 3 under Installing in Default STV which says "3) Use the dynamic menu to add the internal screen “Other Programs” to a menu of your choice." if indeed my assumption on how the burn option will be displayed is correct. Then on step 4 under the same section which references the STV:Import: Other Programs thread step 4) Add Internal Window "Other Pograms 1.2" into a menu of your choice I am confused once again. Can someone give me an idea of where to go from here? I've read through this entire thread and don't see any other tips that could help. Thanks again for your help!

TD
Old 07-06-2006, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Iit looks like you're getting hung up on the import steps which are admittedly confusing. No worries, I can talk you though it.

1) Start fresh. Revert back to SageTV3.xml
2) Import SageTV_DVD_burnImport.stvi. To test if this is working go to the Sage Recordings or Imported Video's screen and select a video. When the popup menu opens select "Advanced Options" and then you should see the 4 DVD burning buttons appear.
3) Install and import neilm's dynamic menu. Be sure and read that thead and the wiki entry closely because one of them contains the default menu.xml file you need to get started.
4) Completely quit the SageTV,
5) Add the lines to the SageTV.preference file as shown in this thread. For simplicity, I recommend just using "C\:\\sageOthers" as your folder.
6) Restart SageTV.
7) Press/click Right Click/Esc button on the main menu and you will get the option to edit the menu.
8) In the edit screen, select "Add Internal Screen" and scroll down until you find "Other Programs 1.2".
9) Once you select it, you will be prompted to type in the name you want to display in the main menu. I recommend "Other Programs".
10) Create the folder C:\sageOthers and put a shortcut into it.
11) Go to your newly created "Other Programs" menu and verify that a button shows up for that shortcut you created.
12) DONE!

I assure you that this it is one of those things that is really complicated to explain, but very easy to do. If you go slowly and read each imports instructions carefully you shouldn't have any problems.

I really just need to make a picture slideshow of all of this.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick VideoRedo File Editing

The automated part is first ShowAnalyzer Guestimating the commercials, then I use the batch file to start VideoRedo (from the exe file) with the VideoProject File (videofile.VPRJ) and it doesn't start the video playing (on mine, currently).
I start the editing process by rolling the mouse wheel (it's set to go forward and back by 1 second) to the start of the program and then click Select End followed by Cut Selection, this cuts the end of the last show / commercials.
Next I click on Jump to Next Cut and roll the mouse back one click and then forward two (for most shows this works) I see the 'last' frame of the show (before the commercials) and the 'first' of the commercial (hopefully)
Then I click Jump to Next Cut again and this time roll the mouse wheel back one click and forward two and this time I see the 'last' frame of the commercials and the 'first' of the show (after the commercials).
Repeating this until the end of the show adjusting the cuts as needed.

I average about 90 seconds a show including the ones that I have to find all commercials myself (which is very few).

The shows which I have to find the commercial cuts manually, VideoRedo has something called the Plot Masking Option which hides a configurable amount of the screen. For the commercial searching process I have the jump forward and back buttons set to 25 seconds and 55 seconds, 60 seconds (except for a few shows on the WB during the credits) being the shortest commercial break I've seen on north american TV, so with 55 I shouldn't miss and the 25 I have because rolling a mouse wheel 55 clicks is just too much work in the morning.

At the end of editing I Hit Control-P to save the edits and then I hit Control-X to exit VideoRedo, which causes the batch file (cvprj.bat) to save a videofile.good marker file and the MultiCVprj.bat file to call cvprj.bat with the next.

Hope this helps ... not fully automated ... but it loads VideoRedo with the next unprocessed file automatically and assumes when you're done editing that those edits are good. Also with the editing process I'm using it's not too painful.

Bobby
Old 07-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

EvilPenguin - VideoRedo Chapter file information

VideoRedo outputs chapter files listing the cut points in the final video. There are two output options, a dvdauthorxml command file or a text file.

The dvdauthorxml output file
RockStarSupernova-8941630-0.chapters
-----
<dvdauthor>
<vmgm />
<titleset>
<titles>
<pgc>
<vob file="S:\temp\RockStarSupernova-8941630-0.mpg.bak" chapters="0,00:11:20.07,00:15:49.07,00:20:44.05,00:21:45.19" />
</pgc>
</titles>
</titleset>
</dvdauthor>
-----
So this would be good if we could substitute perl2dvd's working videofilename in place of the vob file line ... hmmm.

The text file format and options to configure it are as follows:

This text box contains the template this is used to format each line in the chapter file. There are four substitution strings:
%F - Output filename
%T - The Timecode format is determined by the options below.
%N - Frame number
%C - Chapter Number

The timecode format options are as follows :
HH:MM:SS:ff
HH:MM:SS;ff
HH:MM:SS:hh
HH:MM:SS;hh
HH:MM:SS
HH:MM:SS.ff
HH = Hours
MM = Minutes
SS = seconds
ff = frame number (0 to one less than number of frames / second).
hh = hundredths of a second

Using the format (HH:MM:SS.ff) the file and it's contents are
BladeTheSeries-DeathGoesOn-8944294-0.chapters
-----
00:09:29.13
00:20:50.15
00:26:36.01
00:32:04.07
00:37:30.25
00:43:35.12
-----

Hoping this is useful ...

Bobby
Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry to sound lazy, but thats starting to sound like a lot of custom work for something i'll never user. Pretty much the most i'm looking to do is give the option to launch a batch file with the parameters...

1) Original video name w/full path
2) Expected output video/chapter file name w/full path

And let you guys figure out all of the details

Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101
Hoping this is useful ...

Bobby
I can take a crack at it, but I'll be out of town this weekend so not until next week.

One thing I will need is for you to figure out is which one of your chapter files is closer to the format of an existing comskip/showanalyzer .txt file. If neither match exactly, then just pick one and check to see if the chapter marks consistently correspond with the commercial breaks. Or provide examples of each file for the same mpg and I will figure it out.

Once we find the formula to convert it should be pretty easy to apply it in a script.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

One thing I remembered EvilPenguin, that you were thinking about changing was the name of the shortcuts during the queued and processing stages, so that when a person goes to the status screen they can tell what is queued/processing, etc.

At least I think I remember you saying that...
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One thing I remembered EvilPenguin, that you were thinking about changing was the name of the shortcuts during the queued and processing stages, so that when a person goes to the status screen they can tell what is queued/processing, etc.

At least I think I remember you saying that...
Yep, I said it, and I did it Should be in v1.3.1

Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, I said it, and I did it Should be in v1.3.1
Well kind of, the name of the movie shows up when the processing is finished and it is ready to burn, but until then I am still showing dvd.list.0.burn, or something like that. That's why I brought it up.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

It should be working with any new DVD's you make since you installed 1.3.1, in which I updated add2dvdq.exe to output .qdvd files with readable names.

Closed Thread