SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpup32
I'm getting the 2 icons also, when the blue goes away and I only have the green i can select the green icon and it starts burning. I didnt disable "dirmon-less" so i'm thinking thats the problem.
Yes, that solved it for me.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Sage User

DVD Writing Problem

Thanks for the contribution, I like what I see so far...I created 1 dvd last night after I installed it. My setup is everything on 1 computer and I am doing the manual DVD creation method. Here are some issues I found. The status colors went from green, to blue while creating the dvd structure, to green again. I went into the directory structure and found an error in the log file so the process ended but did not mark the generation as red status. Creating a DVD at this point did not return any message but marked it as done even though nothing was done. I have posted the error logs if you would like to see them. One thing I noticed is that the title had a "&" in it so I am not sure if that was the difference between the one that worked and didn't. I have not tried the multiple list DVD generation process yet.

So status icons not reflecting right status and error in the one generation so far
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (684.4 KB, 150 views)
Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a follow up on the MVP client thing - I have a single server configured with a couple of Hauppauge 150s and a single MVP in the living room here. From the server everything works as expected - the MVP lets you queue up DVDs to burn but the status via the "other program" interface always just shows blank.

Close enough at this point - I'll just setup dirMon to crunch the images for them between 3am and 10am and when they get time they can run through and burn the resulting images. Pretty slick all in all... nice job.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wait! Hold the phone! I jacked up the slashes in my Other programs path in the properties file - when I fixed it, the MVP client works like a champ now! I'm totally stoked - they're going to be all over DVD burning now...

thanks much.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstern
One thing I noticed is that the title had a "&" in it so I am not sure if that was the difference between the one that worked and didn't.
Yep, you're correct, it's that darn '&'. It was messing up a whole bunch of stuff, including not showing the red status icon. I'll have the next version out on monday and that will be fixed.

Also i'm still investigating why people's status icons aren't working correctly. The common problem seems to be that when people aren't using dirmon, the icons go from green->blue->green again. Hopefully it's just some silly mistake that will just be easy to fix.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindborg
Wait! Hold the phone! I jacked up the slashes in my Other programs path in the properties file - when I fixed it, the MVP client works like a champ now! I'm totally stoked - they're going to be all over DVD burning now...

thanks much.
Wow, that's great news! I'm really impressed that Sage wrote their MVP client in such a manner that this would work. I may have to pick up an MVP now

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage User

I recently setup the DVD burning customization. Whether I do a Single DVD or Multiple DVD I get two icons in my Other Programs menu. One with a Green icon and the other Blue. I'm running everything on a Single PC.
It never turns into the CD icon which should start the burn, correct? Where would the log files be for this process?
Old 07-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage User

I'm monitoring my working folder. It seems that the DVD structure builds then purges and rebuilds. I've watched this happen 4 times now, wondering if their is a rhythm to this. It appears to initiate by me clicking on the Other Programs menu to check for the DVD icon. I don't click anything on this menu but that seems to restart the build and I still have the Green and Blue icons.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Silky1; 07-30-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:03 PM

I got a big problem...

First of all i would like to say that it is great to have people developing these imports as it makes sage a better and better product, so thank you...this is my first post but i have been using sagetv for sometime primarily as a pvr and this has been the first issue that i have come across... I tried to import this mod into my sagetvmc_16x9.stv and it messed up my detailed setup menu... I followed the instructions *almost* to a T but i guess i imported the wrong file because at the bottom of the install page it says to import the xml file but i imported the stvi (well actually i am using Sagetv 4.0 and for some reason i can not import stvi's but only stv's in the import section so i just changed the file from stvi to stv which has worked in the past). After i realized i had made a mistake i could not undo what was already done... I made a back up of my properties file but it wont seem to correct the problem... i even tried to reinstall. Anyways my problem is that my detailed setup page is messed up (no format and all of the text ontop of each other in the upper left hand corner) i will attatch a screen shot... if anything else is needed please let me know... Anything to help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detailed setup.JPG (18.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingrone13
First of all i would like to say that it is great to have people developing these imports as it makes sage a better and better product, so thank you...this is my first post but i have been using sagetv for sometime primarily as a pvr and this has been the first issue that i have come across... I tried to import this mod into my sagetvmc_16x9.stv and it messed up my detailed setup menu... I followed the instructions *almost* to a T but i guess i imported the wrong file because at the bottom of the install page it says to import the xml file but i imported the stvi (well actually i am using Sagetv 4.0 and for some reason i can not import stvi's but only stv's in the import section so i just changed the file from stvi to stv which has worked in the past). After i realized i had made a mistake i could not undo what was already done... I made a back up of my properties file but it wont seem to correct the problem... i even tried to reinstall. Anyways my problem is that my detailed setup page is messed up (no format and all of the text ontop of each other in the upper left hand corner) i will attatch a screen shot... if anything else is needed please let me know... Anything to help is greatly appreciated!
Most imports are developed for 4.1.3 or beyond. I suggest that you upgrade your 4.0 to a newer version and you will be able to import this plugin. Upgrades are free if you didn't know that.

BobP.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM

thanks BobP i did not know that and now all is well! i just never had a reason to upgrade until now because i have been satisfied... thanks and it works great!!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

7/31/06 – v1.4.1
* Fixed bug with video preprocessing where I was checking a non-existent variable to see if it was null (it was)
* Dirmonless operation is now (finally) disabled by default
* Added advanced.pref item to strip problem characters out of show information before they cause problems. Now if new characters arise you can just add them to list in your advanced.pref file instead of me having to crank out a new build
* Added an option to completely disable using episode information in file names. This is a very poor work around for people whose EPG data contains non-English characters and I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with something better

A lot of bug fixing going on right now. I still haven't pinpointed why the status icons aren't updating properly because everything is working perfectly on my test PC. If your having that problem, i'd recommend completely deleting your perl2dvd folder and doing a full upgrade this version just to ensure that your files are all up to date.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-31-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky1
I recently setup the DVD burning customization. Whether I do a Single DVD or Multiple DVD I get two icons in my Other Programs menu. One with a Green icon and the other Blue. I'm running everything on a Single PC.
It never turns into the CD icon which should start the burn, correct? Where would the log files be for this process?
Have you disabled "dirmon-less" burning? Before I did that I would get the two green and blue icons (at least I did the only time I did a burn). Then I disabled dirmon-less burning and it's worked the way it should for me since then.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Latest Patch Level

I tried the latest patch level and I was getting the status queued when selected burn dvd from the recorded shows area. There was 2 files that created in the c:\sageOthers directory when there should be 3...the autoburn bat file was not there but the link to it was. All files generated the same way. I then put the old version back and that issue went away. Somewhere along the way while I was messing around with this, I lost the images showing in the Other Programs Folder...where does it link the menu option Other Programs to that directory? Is that in the sage.properties file?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

The latest build disables dirmonless burning by default, meaning that when you create a DVD, you'll only have a yellow picture in Other Programs which indicates that the dvd is queued to be created by dirmon. As such, only two items get created in your sageOthers directory: a jpg and a shortcut that points to nothing.

It sounds like you either need to setup dirmon (which is nice and easy), or you need to go into the advanced.pref file and enable dirmonless operation.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

can't get menus

i imported the STVi last night, but am stuck at step 2....

First, I reset my default STV to the sage3tv.xml version. Then I imported the Dvd STVi file. It appeared to go fine, creating a sage3tv-26.xml. I note that the following code is inserted in the xml file:

<Menu ID="6747" Name="Create DVD" Sym="Menu:CreateDVD">
<Conditional Ref="4400" Name="!IsMusicFile(GetCurren..."/>
<Theme Ref="16097" Name="CreateDVDTheme"/>
<Text Name="Create DVD">
<AutosizeText>false</AutosizeText>
<WrapText>false</WrapText>
<TextShadow>false</TextShadow>
<DisableFontScaling>false</DisableFontScaling>
<IgnoreThemeProps>false</IgnoreThemeProps>

[...]

So, it looks like it was imported (correctly?)

The problem is that I can't see any menu item (as penguin shows) that says "burn to dvd".

Perhaps the problem is that i don't see 'advanced options' for my recordings. I see "record options" that looks similiar, but no dvd menu.

any thoughts on how to get the advanced options and/or dvd menu? (I realize there are additional steps i need to do, but i'm waiting to see that step 2 worked first!)

thanks
matt

edit:
this code might be the right portion to show that it imported into my sagetv3-26.xml file:

<Hook Name="STVImported">
<Action Name="&quot;Imported on ...&quot;"/>
<Action Name="ImportName = &quot;SageTV DVD burning&quot;"/>
<Action Name="Version = &quot;1.1&quot;"/>
<Action Name="&quot;Imported nodes&quot;">
<Conditional Name="false">
<Action Name="&quot;REM Added code for SendTo&quot;">
<Conditional Name="(GetMediaFileForAiring(Airing) != null &amp;&amp; !IsFileCurrentlyRecording(Airing)) &amp;&amp; IsCompleteRecording(Airing)">
<Conditional Name="IsVideoFile(Airing) &amp;&amp; !IsDVD(Airing) || IsTVFile(Airing)">
<Item Name="Burn to DVD">
<Text Name="Burn to DVD"/>
<OptionsMenu Name="DVD Burning Options">
<Item Name="To Singlefile DVD">
<IgnoreThemeProps>false</IgnoreThemeProps>
<Text Name="Single Video DVD"/>
<Action Name="args = java_lang_String_split(GetFileForSegment(GetMediaFileForAiring(Airing),0)+&quot;!!!&quot;+GetAiringChannelNumber(Airing)+&quot;@@@&quot;+GetAiringTitle(Airing)+&quot;###&quot;+GetShowEpisode(GetShow(Airing))+&quot;$$$&quot;+Substring(GetShowDescription(GetShow(Airing)),0,Min(StringIndexOf(GetShowDescription(GetShow(Airing)),&quot;\n&quot,StringIndexOf(GetShowDescription(GetShow(Airing)),&quot;\r&quot))+&quot;%%%,~&quot;+GetAiringDuration(Airing),&quot;,~&quot">
<Action Name="process = ExecuteProcess(&quot;add2DVDQ.exe&quot;, args, null, false)">
<Action Name="code=java_lang_Process_waitFor(process)"/>
<Action Name="CloseOptionsMenu()"/>
</Action>

also, i'm running this on a MVP, if it matters.

Last edited by matt91; 08-08-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

It sounds like you may be running off of an older version of the original STV. Even if you are running the latest version of SageTV, when you upgarde it only updates Sage3TV.xml, and not whatever Sage3TV-X.xml that you are currently running on.

Provided you are on v5.0.4, i'd load up the original STV again, reimport everything, and I bet you it will start working. If that doesn't work try re-downloading a fresh copy of Sage3TV.xml from one of the stickies in the Sage Studio forum.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

OK, thanks. I had started with what (I thought) was a clean sagetv3.xml file, but I'll go d'l a new one from the sticky you mentioned, and see where that puts me.

Regarding my 'advanced options' question, should that show up by default when I use a fresh sagetv3.xml? It doesn't appear to, so perhaps it is my XML file.

I'll let you know how I fare when I get home tonight.

Matt
Old 08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Administrator

The original SageTV3.xml shouldn't be getting modified during the import process -- importing creates a new SageTV3-#.xml file, which then becomes your currently loaded STV & subsequent imports are imported into the new '-#' xml file, so if you perform multiple imports, you would end up with SageTV3-1.xml, SageTV3-2.xml, etc., with the highest number as the one you currently have loaded & in use.

Also note that if you download a new SgaeTV3.xml from a sticky in the Studio section, be sure to keep a copy of your current file, because the download may be a version or 2 behind it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

sweet jebus!

imgBurn 2.0 is out and the changelist is a freaking novel .

I'm going to play around with it this weekend make sure it doesn't break anything and see if theres anything new in there I can take advantage of.

edit: Just from my first glance at the guides, it looks like I might be able to go straight from VIDEO_TS folder to DVD and skip making the disc image. Won't save that much time but it would save a ton of space

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-09-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Closed Thread