SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage User

new imgBurn 2.0

I've been unable to use the DVD burning plugin because I only have a single hard drive/partition and I get the perl2dvd error that my drive is formated dangerously. If I understand your excitment for the new version of imgburn, this could possibly mean that I could use the plugin soon???
Thanks,
skyw33
Old 08-13-2006, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

That safety check is in there because I'm doing some * deleting and if something REALLY crazy happens I don't want to be responsible for blowing away any one's computer

That being said, there's really no reason that I can't just add a preference item so you can ignore it if you want too. I'll crank out a new version on Monday for you.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-13-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Nothing big, only download if you need

8/14/06 - v1.4.2
* Added advanced preference item to force the script to allow you to use the C: for your work folder.

I still don't recommend it though;if you have that much free space avalible on your C: drive you really should partition it into 2 drives.

Also, just a heads up, I'm in the middle of a big move right now and i'm ditching Comcast as my ISP which also means i'm losing my Comcast webspace where I host all of the files for this plugin. I'm planning on having everything straightened out before I hit the road, but if i don't the install page might be down for a week or so until I get settled.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-14-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Sage User

batch file issue?

Thanks EvilPenguin for the modification. It helped me to burn my first DVD using your system -- very nice! I do have another issue that I wanted to bring up... After selecting 2 shows and then selecting "process multi video DVD list", I'm getting several files created in the sageOthers folder. One of those files is a batch file like name_of_program(2).dvdlist.1.autoburn.bat and the other is a shortcut that is supposed to point to the bat file. However, the shortcut target is actually pointing to name_of_program.dvdlist.1.autoburn.bat so I can never get it to launch from within sage. Do others experience this or am I missing something?

skyw33
Old 08-17-2006, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm... that's quite a big problem, I'll look into it this afternoon. Should be an easy fix.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

So easy infact that i've already fixed it. I'm to busy to rev it up to 1.4.3 today so I just uploaded it over the 1.4.2 that's already out there. Go ahead and redownload it and let me know how it works.

btw, the only files that changed were add2dvdq.pl and add2dvdq.exe so those are really the only ones you need.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-17-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage User

can someone mirror the files? it looks like his webspace is currently down..
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Sage User

yea I was going to install this yesterday and found out the files are no longer available.
if anyone has the file, I can host it on my website until evilpenguin returns.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Back!

Sorry about the downtown. New apartment + new car + new cable provider = a whole new world of problems that required my full attention. I'll be setting up my webspace tonight and hopefully i'll have the install page back up and running by tommorow @ noon EST

Edit: And by noon EST, I actually mean whenever I get it done EST

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-30-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Sage User

evilpenguin, just to let you know, the download page (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=109) links to a non-existent file.. not sure if you were aware of that problem or not.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm in the midst of sorting that out as speak

Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

not a real update, but interesting

While i'm busy sorting out my webspace issues I thought I'd post a really nice tutorial page I got off of Digg on ImageMagick, the CLI image processing tool i'm using to automate the DVD menu creation.

http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graphics/imagick6/

There are more than a few tips in there that I wasn't aware of, especially relating to anti-aliasing, and once I actually get back into dev mode I think i'll be able to clean up a few things and make the menus look even better

Old 08-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ouch ... Microsoft Loopback adapter incompataility with Remote DVD Creation

Hello,
About a week ago I decided to try out the Microsoft Loopback adapter thingy as was suggested in another thread and just realized it started resolving all my UNC recording paths to that systems local paths (ie instead of recording to '//an72/tv4' ... it started recording to E:/tv4) so I guess I'll be installing the DVD burning mod to my main Sage System to burn all those recordings.

Just a heads up for those burning on a remote system using UNC paths if you're considering using the Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

Bobby

ps --- (In SageTV my recording path is //an72/tv4, which I map to T:/ so I can do some processing on the mpgs via dos batch files from another system, but when it gets resolved to E:/tv4 in the SageTV database ... oppss)

or it may be something else I did ... last thing I remember doing to that system tho' ...

Last edited by perfessor101; 08-30-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Downloads are back, still working on the install pictures.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage User

evilpenguin:
i have the program set up, but nothing is showing up in the Other Programs portion of the menu. Any idea what is causing that?
and does this program create xvid's? I thought it would, but when reading through it seems there is a 7-video limit, with a suggested limit of 3 hours of video? Xvid's would allow much more than 3 hours of video on a single disc, normally 4-6 hours at decent compression.

Last edited by destrekor; 09-01-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you're a little confused about what this plugin does, which is understandable because the thread title is a little confusing.

What i'm doing is taking videos in Sage, converting them into DVD complient MPEG2 videos, and generating a DVD disc image that you could burn onto a DVD+/-R that would play in standalone DVD players just like a DVD movie that you would buy at the store.

As for nothing showing up in the Other Programs menu, reread that section of the directions carefully and ensure that you have setup all of the relevant paths correctly while Sage is completely shut down.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

After trying burner install SageTV service no longer works

I have been using SageTV Service since, well since SageTV had a "service" and never had a problem until now. I had Sage lockup trying to install the DVD burner plugin and then terminated the app. Here is where the problem comes in(and I have reinstalled and restarted multiple times). If I run w/o the service everything is fine. If I run the service then when the UI starts up I get a black screen w/ the Sage "wait" symbol and no UI. But clients on the other machines run fine. I cannot seem to get rid of this problem. Other than a complete reinstall, deleteing all the files, what are my options?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Burned DVD has no sound?

Good afternoon,

I'm not really sure what's going on here. I finally got the plug-in going and love it, with two exceptions:

1 - when selecting to burn a DVD through the Other Program menu, it minimzes Sage. I'd rather it performs everything in the background and leaves Sage in Full Screen mode

2 - The burned DVD has no sound. Sound was fine in the original MPEG2 recording from Sage. No strange settings going on - just using two PVR-250's for encoding SDTV... should be standard stereo audio output.

Any thoughts on issue #2? Anyone?

EDIT: I'm using SageMC16x9 latest version (6.10a)
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored

Last edited by CanadianEh; 09-09-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
I have been using SageTV Service since, well since SageTV had a "service" and never had a problem until now. I had Sage lockup trying to install the DVD burner plugin and then terminated the app. Here is where the problem comes in(and I have reinstalled and restarted multiple times). If I run w/o the service everything is fine. If I run the service then when the UI starts up I get a black screen w/ the Sage "wait" symbol and no UI. But clients on the other machines run fine. I cannot seem to get rid of this problem. Other than a complete reinstall, deleteing all the files, what are my options?
Hmm... that's a tough one. Can you give me a little more details about your setup. What STV are you running, what version of Sage are you running, etc...

Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh
Good afternoon,

I'm not really sure what's going on here. I finally got the plug-in going and love it, with two exceptions:

1 - when selecting to burn a DVD through the Other Program menu, it minimzes Sage. I'd rather it performs everything in the background and leaves Sage in Full Screen mode

2 - The burned DVD has no sound. Sound was fine in the original MPEG2 recording from Sage. No strange settings going on - just using two PVR-250's for encoding SDTV... should be standard stereo audio output.

Any thoughts on issue #2? Anyone?

EDIT: I'm using SageMC16x9 latest version (6.10a)
1) By default, the plugin uses whatever your default sleep mode is so it sounds like you just need go into the preferences and enable screensaver on sleep.

2) No sound, huh, that's not good. Have you tried playing back the DVD in multiple devices (SageTV, WMP, standalone DVD player)? If none of that works, go into perl2dvd.advanced.pref and enable "save files for debugging"., that will save all of the logfiles and temporary videos. Then try and burn another DVD and try playing the temporary videos with WMP and see if they have sound and also rename the .log file to .txt and post it here on the forums and i'll take a look at it.

Closed Thread