SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

The thing with dirmon is that it will run with the network privledges of the user you setup the service for. For instance, if you run it as LocalSystem you have no network privledges and thus can't access any network resources, UNC or mapped, however if you run it as yourself or another user with properly setup network credentials on both machines it should have no problems. At least that's how it works for me. Setting up dirmon as my user I have no problem reading and writting to UNC and mapped network drives. I'll do a little more experimentation tonight when I test my build with UNC translation

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-22-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage User

I currently have Dirmon logging in under my name which has full admin privs and I've tried it logging in as Admin on the server where it just churns away. I also tried logging into the mapped drive using a user on the client with admin privs, Admin, and as an admin username from the server.

I also just setup a user on both machines with the same name, password, and admin privs. The mapped drive is logging in with the name/pass as well. Same result.

So as of right now, this is where I stand...

Server
SageTV Media Center 5.04
Dirmon2 0.6.1
DVD burning mod 1.4.2
Other programs 1.2.2
ImgBurn 2.1
JRE 1.4.2_11

Recordings are on R:\New and drive root is shared
perl2dvd setup to use R:\New\DVD

Dirmon finds the qdvd in R:\New, creates the log file in R:\New, perl2dvd runs 100% making millions of reads. Calling from command line works fine.

Client
SageTV Client 5.04
Dirmon2 0.6.1
DVD burning mod 1.4.2
Other programs 1.2.2
ImgBurn 2.1
JRE 1.4.2_11

R:\ drive share is mapped as R:\ and logged in with admin privs
perl2dvd setup to use P:\DVD on local drive

Dirmon finds the qdvd in P:\DVD, creates files and work folder, creates log file in work folder, log file in work folder says R:\New\blahblahblah.mpg I/O error usually meaning the file is corrupted or truncated. Opening explorer and entering the exact same path launches the recording in WMP.

Last edited by Bryann; 09-22-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm... i'm running out of ideas.

Ok, i've uploaded my test build with UNC path translation, you can go ahead and download it at

http://zadigian.backpackit.com/asset..._translate.rar

Download/extract it into your SageTV directory and it will overwrite perl2dvd.exe and perl2dvd.advanced.pref. In addition to refilling out any thing you had modified in the advanced.pref file you will see a new option in th 2nd to last line that says...
Code:
Translate full paths to UNC paths =C:\Sage Recordings::\\10.11.14.236\Sage,Z:\Full\Path::\\UNC\Path
The way it works is you enter the full path and the corresponding UNC path seperated by '::' and whenever I see, for instance, C:\Sage Recordings I replace it with \\10.11.14.236\Sage which points to the exact same folder. You can enter more than one pair by seperating them with comma's (no spaces, please).

Let me know if you have any troubles. nPlayer, you can try this out too and see if it helps.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-22-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Sage User

Will give it a shot but that link asks for a password.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Opps, still getting used to storing files on backpack. Try this link...

http://zadigian.backpackit.com/asset..._translate.rar

Old 09-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage User

That did the trick on the client! Going to test it out on the server now.

One other minor problem I'm having on the client is that the image in other programs doesn't show up. The outline box is there and the file name but no image. The image is being produced and is in the other programs folder, however.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Evilpenguin,

Guess What????

It works Thanks You.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Evilpenguin,

Guess What????

It works Thanks You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryann
That did the trick on the client! Going to test it out on the server now.

One other minor problem I'm having on the client is that the image in other programs doesn't show up. The outline box is there and the file name but no image. The image is being produced and is in the other programs folder, however..
Excellent!

As for the images, go ahead and double check that the names of the images match exactly to the names of the shortcuts, I might have messed something up when I put together that build...

ex:
The Venture Brothers - Hate Floats(2).xvidDvdList.2.burn.jpg
The Venture Brothers - Hate Floats(2).xvidDvdList.2.burn
The Venture Brothers - Hate Floats(2).xvidDvdList.2.burn.bat

note that you probably won't see the .lnk in the shortcut, but that doesn't matter.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVD menus

Kudos on a great program, copying my older stuff to DVDs will help a lot!

Sifted through a lot of these 22 pages but did not find an answer to my situation. OK, I got tired after page 11 or so...

I am able to queue up a DVD burn, but when I play it on my player, I only see green arrows on the screen and no chapter breaks. Did 2 burns of different shows, now trying a third (with 3 shows on one DVD). The last one is still processing in dirmon, been there about two hours. I may stop it and reboot, need to do that anyway soon for other reasons.
I do have a folder at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_bt that has images, and I believe everything is in the proper directory.

I can't find a menugen.log anywhere (maybe thats my problem!) but here is a qdvd file that I'll post here along with anything else that may help

Thanks in advance
Larry
Attached Files
File Type: txt perl2dvd.pref.txt (723 Bytes, 150 views)
File Type: txt Bill Cowher News Conference.dvdList.1.qdvd.dvd.txt (9.8 KB, 156 views)
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update... screen pics still fails after complete reinstall

See attached screenshots from my DVD player...

decided to reinstall.... I thought I had some 'rouge' directory or executable in the wrong directory so I took the plunge. Copied everything to another drive, moved my wiz.bin and tried again.

Not sure if I was very clear about the symptoms, so here are some screenshots of a dvd... If I send 3 or 4 shows to the DVD, it shows the same thing with more arrows on the second menu.

The DVD plays normally however, if I just keep hitting 'play'.

Is there anything else I can post here that may help decipher the problem?

Thanks,
Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap000.jpg (15.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg cap001.jpg (16.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

one more file

just did a search of my C drive for menugen.log, and I did find one created today, apparently when I burned the latest DVD.

posting here if it helps....
Attached Files
File Type: txt menuGen.log.txt.txt (17.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 09-26-2006, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf
just did a search of my C drive for menugen.log, and I did find one created today, apparently when I burned the latest DVD.

posting here if it helps....
Hey, i'm back. I'll look though your logs today and get this problem sorted out.

Just a first idea, does the file, "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\tahomabd.ttf", exist on your PC?

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-26-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Hey, i'm back. I'll look though your logs today and get this problem sorted out.

Just a first idea, does the file, "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\tahomabd.ttf", exist on your PC?
Welcome back

The file does exist, but not in in C:\WINDOWS... Had to do a parallel install a year ago after a crash, ended up using C:\WINDOWS1 and deleting the entire WINDOWS directory.

This reminds me of a similar problem with a program (since fixed) that pointed directly at C:\WINDOWS rather than %%windir or somesuch, can't remember the exact syntax. The temporary fix was to create a WINDOWS directory and put a copy of the file there in a subfolder. I'm trying that right now with the font, will report back.

Larry
Old 09-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

FIXED!!!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I never would have figured that out on my own!

In case someone else sees a similar problem (and has a non-standard windows directory)... Simply create a c:\windows and a c:\windows\fonts folder, and copy the font there. Something in one of the programs is apparently hardcoded to go to \windows rather than "windir" that should point it properly.

Thanks again Evil for the help and the great Mod!!

Larry

Quote:
Welcome back

The file does exist, but not in in C:\WINDOWS... Had to do a parallel install a year ago after a crash, ended up using C:\WINDOWS1 and deleting the entire WINDOWS directory.

This reminds me of a similar problem with a program (since fixed) that pointed directly at C:\WINDOWS rather than %%windir or somesuch, can't remember the exact syntax. The temporary fix was to create a WINDOWS directory and put a copy of the file there in a subfolder. I'm trying that right now with the font, will report back.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itworks.jpg (29.6 KB, 143 views)
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
FIXED!!!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I never would have figured that out on my own!

In case someone else sees a similar problem (and has a non-standard windows directory)... Simply create a c:\windows and a c:\windows\fonts folder, and copy the font there. Something in one of the programs is apparently hardcoded to go to \windows rather than "windir" that should point it properly.

Thanks again Evil for the help and the great Mod!!

Larry
Glad it worked

Another easy way to fix it would be to go into
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_bt\menuGen.override
and change the font line to something like
Code:
Font =C:\Some Folder\font.ttf
and that should fix it too.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Evil you have a PM.

I sent you a copy of the logs from a single file DVD that processed but ImgBurn said it would not fit on a DVD when trying to burn.

EDIT: Just to give you a little more info, Windows reports the file as being 4.47GB, but ImgBurn shows 2,347,925 Sectors and 4,808,550,400 bytes. It also shows that only 4,707,319,808 bytes are available on the disk.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 09-27-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Evil you have a PM.

I sent you a copy of the logs from a single file DVD that processed but ImgBurn said it would not fit on a DVD when trying to burn.

EDIT: Just to give you a little more info, Windows reports the file as being 4.47GB, but ImgBurn shows 2,347,925 Sectors and 4,808,550,400 bytes. It also shows that only 4,707,319,808 bytes are available on the disk.
Bah, you stumbled upon to a little edge case there. My equasions to estimate if the show needs to be transcoded work very well in 15 minute incriments, however, if you have an odd video duration, say 98 minutes, things fall apart a little bit. NP though, an easy fix would be to lower your dvd size from 4.7 to 4.6 or 4.65 in the advanced.pref file.

As a more perminent fix i'll see if I can find my excel spread sheet that generates the coef's for my equasion and plug in your duration vs. file size to do a little fine tuning.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Suggestion...

This is working very well for me!

I have a suggestion for one improvement, perhaps others would find it useful also...

It would be nice if I could print DVD cover sheets with the titles and descriptions of the shows. Even just a copy of the main screen would be great to print and put on the DVD case. If color graphics would be too difficult, text cover sheets would still be good to have.

Thanks, Evil!

Larry
Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Yep, all settled in and ready to write some more code.

With dirmonless operation, when you select Send To... -> Single File DVD, right away you should see a green icon in Other Programs. Clicking that will manually kick off a batch fill that just runs perl2dvd just like dirmon does.

As for the pre and post stuff, it's all still in there. Look in the advanced.pref file items...
Code:
MPEG preprocess command (%FULL_ORIGINAL_PATH%, %FULL_OUTPUT_PATH%) =
Only preprocess mpegs if it has an accompaning file with the following extention =
Ignore what it says in the pref file though, the real supported substitustion strings are...

%FULLFILESPEC% = Full path including file w/ ext
%FULLFILENOEXT% = Full path including file w/o ext
%DRIVE% = Drive letter of file
%PATH% = Path to file w/o file
%BASENAME% = Name of file w/o extention
%EXTENSION% = Extention of file
%FULL_OUTPUT_PATH% = Full path including file that the script is expecting the outputed video to be at. If you don't use this substituion string, I assume you work on the file in its original place w/ its original name.
I'm not sure this is working.

I put the following in my perl.advanced.prefs file:
Quote:
MPEG preprocess command (%FULL_ORIGINAL_PATH%, %FULL_OUTPUT_PATH%) =e:\kixtart\kix32 e:\kixtart\vredo_ep.kix
Only preprocess mpegs if it has an accompaning file with the following extention =
The batch file that was created looks like this:
Quote:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV"
del "T:\OtherProgs\Amazing Vacation Homes - Road Ramblers.dvdList.2.burn.jpg"
del "T:\OtherProgs\Amazing Vacation Homes - Road Ramblers.dvdList.2.burn.lnk"
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe" -awake
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd.exe" "T:\PerlDVD\Amazing Vacation Homes - Road Ramblers.dvdList.2.qdvd" "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd.pref"
I am running dirmonless, and am trying to get my video-redo script to kickoff prior to the perl2dvd process. I am not using any variables yet, but I will eventually.

EDIT: BTW, before you ask, I tried adding vprj to the "only preprocess if accompanying..." line, still did not work.

Do I need to put .vprj? For that matter, do I need to add the "." when I start using your variables E.G. %BASENAME% = Name of file w/o extention.

Last edited by rsagetv99; 09-27-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

I tried it with the "." as well but I still didn't see a change in the batch file.

Maybe the process is being run in the perl2dvd script, but I don't think it ran there either.
Closed Thread