SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

ok, i think the problem is, I dont kow all the kaybaord shortcuts.
I figured out esc and home, but that is about it.
I never looked in the MC thread to see if they are all listed.
for example, I cant ff, or rew, pause, etc... there is surely a key mapping, I just dont know it.

I will post something to the MC thread tonite.
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoehlke
ok, i think the problem is, I dont kow all the kaybaord shortcuts.
I figured out esc and home, but that is about it.
I never looked in the MC thread to see if they are all listed.
for example, I cant ff, or rew, pause, etc... there is surely a key mapping, I just dont know it.

I will post something to the MC thread tonite.
Most/all of the keyboard commands would be the same in SageMC as the default STV. You can look them up in Detailed Setup>Commands.

BobP.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Sage User

Great job evilpenguin! This is the last major thing the default STV was missing. I'm using the default STV.. but I have used Neilms Dynamic menu to change all the menus around. Only problem is i cant seem to get the DVD plugin to work. I believe i followed all the directions to a tee..
1. Completely quit SageTV
2. Install ImgBurn and Dirmon2
3. unzip perl2dvd into your ”...\Program Files\SageTV\ (\SageTV for me)
4. config perl2dvd.pref
5. SageTVTranscoder.exe
6. Configure a new Dirmon process
7. install and configure Neilm’s Dynamic Menu, Import OtherPrograms_vx_x.stvi and SageTV_DVD_burnImport.stvi

But when i click on a recording or video import there are no dvd options anywhere.. could this be because i have moved those two menus?
My main menu now has a folder "TV' and in there is "SageTV recordings"... and "Videos" is also a folder on the main menu with "imported video" inside. should that make a difference? Also, do I have dirmon2 run with the hidden option? or as a service?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

The burning options are in the advanced options so you need to click that button to see them. But if your doing that already, its possible that there's something else getting in the way.

Its also worth checking to make sure that you imported SageTV_DVD_burnImport.sti and not SageMC_DVD_burnImport.stvi, they're pretty close and it wouldn't be hard to get the wrong one.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage User

Hmm... yes i always have it on the advanced options and I installed the SageTV_DVD_burnImport.stvi (not MC) twice to be sure. (installed, no work, reverted back a .xml and did it again)
Old 06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Wanna send me your STV and dynamic menu menu.xml file so I can mess around with them tonight and see why its not working? I'll pm you my email

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey i should be able to leave dirmon and imgburn alone right?
just change the perl2dvd and that other stuff correct?
(I am upgrading)
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hey i should be able to leave dirmon and imgburn alone right?
just change the perl2dvd and that other stuff correct?
(I am upgrading)
Yep, just install the upgarde pack over what you already have and you should be good to go. All of your paths are in the perl2dvd.pref file and that doesn't get touched.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII
Hmm... yes i always have it on the advanced options and I installed the SageTV_DVD_burnImport.stvi (not MC) twice to be sure. (installed, no work, reverted back a .xml and did it again)
Ok, same thing for me, the send to options don't appear. Even went back to the very base level sage file and re-imported.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1790
Ok, same thing for me, the send to options don't appear. Even went back to the very base level sage file and re-imported.
Did you exit and restart Sage after you unzipped the jar file to the JARs directory, before the import ?

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Did you exit and restart Sage after you unzipped the jar file to the JARs directory, before the import ?

Dirk

I think i did actually. This would make a difference? Going to try and del everything out of the SageTV dir that is in the perl2dvd_v1_2RC3.rar, and start over again that way.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

I know i've tested this with a clean install of Sage 5.0.4 + Fresh Default STV downloaded from forums + the 3 imports. So the problems looks to be when you've tweaked your STV a little bit, as I imagine most people have.

I think the best way to figure this out is to backup your current STV, download the latest default STV, do the all of my imports, make sure it works, then add in your custimizations until it breaks. Then go ahead and e-mail me the STV before it broke and the STV after it broke. That should help clear up this mystery.

Also, I recommend upgrading to neilms latest dynamic menu STVi if you are using an older version.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage User

SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml?

Hi - new user here - I followed on the steps but cannot find SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml. Using WinRAR I do not see SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml in the .rar I downloaded.

Also the thread seems to imply that instead of importing SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml I need to import SageMC_16×9_burnImport.stvi - but SageMC only allows the *.xml extensions to show up in the import stvi option under detailed setup/advanced.

I am sure I am being an idiot - could someone point out what I am missing?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmcwilliams
Hi - new user here - I followed on the steps but cannot find SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml. Using WinRAR I do not see SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml in the .rar I downloaded.

Also the thread seems to imply that instead of importing SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml I need to import SageMC_16×9_burnImport.stvi - but SageMC only allows the *.xml extensions to show up in the import stvi option under detailed setup/advanced.

I am sure I am being an idiot - could someone point out what I am missing?

Thanks.
Nah, you're not an idiot ...

The SageMC_16×9_burnImport.stvi probably has got the extension .stvi by mistake, so simply rename it, and you should be good to go ...

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage User

stv vs xml

OK - that worked for Sage MC. Thanks.

But when I upgraded to Sage 5.04, installed Sage MC, and then upgraded to v 6.5 I no longer have the option to import stv. It will only let me see xml files and there does not appear to be SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmcwilliams
But when I upgraded to Sage 5.04, installed Sage MC, and then upgraded to v 6.5 I no longer have the option to import stv. It will only let me see xml files and there does not appear to be SageMC_16×9_burnImport.xml.
It's actually not a change in 6.5 - SageMC.xml has never allowed to import anything else than "*.xml", this is by design ...

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage User

SageMC 6.5 and XML

I am new at this so take what I say with a grain of salt but SageMC with 6.5 installed does not seem to be able to import stv files.

I downloaded and installed the current default STV and it could see both stv and xml files. Then when I installed the Sage MC 6.5 I could only see XML files.

Anyway - I changed stv extension to xml and then imported it fine. Now that that is fixed I will move on to the next install step! Thanks!

EDIT: flachbar and I must have been posting at the same time - didn't see his post - question answered!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I've got a problem I need help with here.

Dirmon will not run this perl2dvd, if I call perl2dvd using just the arguements given in the setup example for dirmon I get an error saying it can not find the qdvd file, but if I add as the next arguement the filename and then the pref name it runs fine.

Testing was done by opening a command line and typing in the stuff.

What's going on that causes that? My config looks ok as far as I can tell.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

you have to actually "Start" dirmon, I think its on the 3rd tab of the dirmon program.
I also suggest you use a 1 or 2 second poll time.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
you have to actually "Start" dirmon, I think its on the 3rd tab of the dirmon program.
I also suggest you use a 1 or 2 second poll time.
Yep, starting dirmon is something I forget to do a lot

Dirmon calls perl2dvd.exe in the following format, (paths releative to my setup)
Code:
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd.exe" "J:\DVD\dvdList.0.qdvd" "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd.pref"
If you're sure dirmon2 is started and it still isn't processing your .qdvd files, run it from the command line and it should generate a log file that will tell you why it is failing.

Closed Thread