SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezone
"How long are you waiting? Live TV recordings aren't deleted until sometime after the show is over, not just after you stop watching. I just noticed some getting deleted after I put SageTV to sleep.

- Andy"

Well, if that's the case it's a change from the way 4.1 worked. I'd change channels and the file would immediately be removed from my recorded tv directory. Do you know about how long after a show ends the recording is deleted? I just don't want to risk filling up my hard drive.
This is not a change & is the way it has been described to people for a long time. There are posts from others describing how you could change the channel & return to the same show later on with the previously recorded segment still intact, at least while the show was still airing.

"Automatic Cleanup of Live TV " is explained at the end of Appendix C in the PDF manual, where it explains how the files are deleted soon after the show is over or when space is needed, depending on settings.

(Oh - I just noticed there is a mix up of text near the bottom of that section.)

Edit: Now I'm seeing live TV snippets being deleted sooner than I expected, but at least they are getting deleted rather than sitting around forever.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Links on download page appear to point to 5.0.1

It appears to me that the links on the main download page point to 5.0.1 files. I can change the URL manually to 5.0.2 and are now getting those files. Was this done on purpose?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

On this page, http://www.sage.tv/download.html , It points to 5.0.2
Old 05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Sage

I fixed the link; so lamanmi was right at one point.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Has anyone else been having issue of the MCE remote not responding to requests until you hit the channel listing buttons? It dosn't happen every single time but it started after I installed 5.0.2 this weekend. I'm going to do a fresh install tomorrow to make sure its not anything else thats causing it.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage User

At the risk of sounding like the newbie that I am, I have a question.

I have a license for version 4.X (not sure what number, I bought it in Feb). Is there a cost to upgrade to 5.0.2? How do I do it? What new features are in the new version. If I posted in the wrong spot, I am sorry. Like I said I am am a newbie. Thanks!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffASaul
At the risk of sounding like the newbie that I am, I have a question.

I have a license for version 4.X (not sure what number, I bought it in Feb). Is there a cost to upgrade to 5.0.2? How do I do it? What new features are in the new version. If I posted in the wrong spot, I am sorry. Like I said I am am a newbie. Thanks!

Nope, no cost, free upgrade. Just DL the current version and install over your existing install.

I like to .rar a copy of my sagetv folder before I do an update, so I can go back to an older version if neccessary.

What should I do if I plan to upgrade to a newer version of SageTV?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage User

wow, were newsletter messages not sent out for versions 3&4? I've been running 2.2.8. I just tried out 5.0.2, and first off, the installer didn't seem to update my favorites and library files, they were all reset to nothing. I believe same thing with watched shows. Also, I have some stuttering in 2.2.8, but its light enough that it doesn't bother me - a split second stutter every 10 seconds to a minute or so. Version 5 was much worse however, multiple stutters every few seconds, so, not seeing any big changes (at least for me) I wanted I copied my backup back over the new version.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandium
I just tried out 5.0.2, and first off, the installer didn't seem to update my favorites and library files, they were all reset to nothing. I believe same thing with watched shows.
For this part, it sounds like the installer didn't properly note where the previous version was installed & it got installed into the new default locations instead of where it was before, thus it had no properties file or wiz.bin database file to work with.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
For this part, it sounds like the installer didn't properly note where the previous version was installed & it got installed into the new default locations instead of where it was before, thus it had no properties file or wiz.bin database file to work with.

- Andy
Everything was installed into the default c:\program files\frey technologies\sage tv. I havn't had any problems upgrading before - I've been around since like 1.6 I think it was.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandium
Everything was installed into the default c:\program files\frey technologies\sage tv.
That's no longer the default install location, but if you made sure that's where it went, then it would be in that dir.

BTW: The new default is Program Files\SageTV\SageTV.

- Andy
Old 05-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Sage Expert

I noticed an issue today. I set up a manual timer, and wanted to start 2 minutes early, so I hit the left button twice, and that worked, setting it to 2 minutes earlier.

However, if you try to adjust the start padding thing in the favorites details screen, it operates the opposite way, you hit right to go earlier.

I think that intuitively, left should always adjust the time to earlier (for any of the similar items) and right should always adjust the time to later.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Administrator

That gets mentioned periodically... technically, you are increasing & decreasing the padding value, so that's why you see what you see for the fav's start padding adjustment dialog. But, it does seem to feel backwards, so it might get changed.

- Andy
Old 05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
I noticed an issue today. I set up a manual timer, and wanted to start 2 minutes early, so I hit the left button twice, and that worked, setting it to 2 minutes earlier.

However, if you try to adjust the start padding thing in the favorites details screen, it operates the opposite way, you hit right to go earlier.

I think that intuitively, left should always adjust the time to earlier (for any of the similar items) and right should always adjust the time to later.
It's been like that as long as I can remember. I agree though that it's not very intuitive.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

Regarding this, in order to make things more intuitive and consistent, just change the items in the favorites details screen to read "start time" and "stop time". The actual button would probably best show things like "2 minutes early", "on time", and "3 minutes late" to make it clear what you currently have selected.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Nope, no cost, free upgrade. Just DL the current version and install over your existing install.

I like to .rar a copy of my sagetv folder before I do an update, so I can go back to an older version if neccessary.

What should I do if I plan to upgrade to a newer version of SageTV?
Has there been any time in the past when it did cost to upgrade?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archcommus
Has there been any time in the past when it did cost to upgrade?
AFAIK, nope. I personally know that Sage hasn't charged for upgrades since I bought in in V2. And I read that they didn't charge from V1 to V2 either.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
AFAIK, nope. I personally know that Sage hasn't charged for upgrades since I bought in in V2. And I read that they didn't charge from V1 to V2 either.
That is very nice to hear!