SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage User

Ok, i posted this earlier in another thread but you all seem like you know whats going on with all this, so i thought i'd ask here.

I've done some more reading tonight and decided to try HIP to get the mce remote to work, since sage placeshifter doesn't support the mce remote. I was wondering if anyone had a config file they could send me or show where to download to get sage placeshifter to work with the mce remote via HIP. I have used girder in the past but it was always a pain. I'd rather not have to learn one more program if possible. But modifying a config file a bit is probalby doable.

thanks,
Old 05-15-2006, 12:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is my HIP file but it uses Send Messages for regular SageTV and I don't think the Placeshifter uses windows messages just key strokes.

BobP.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV.hip.txt (2.6 KB, 194 views)
Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Can't get FF1, FF2 to work MCE remote

Hi All,
Just switched to Client/Server setup in Sage and I forgot that I can no longer use my Hauppauge Remote (which I love, even though I have an 880).
I picked up an MCE INTERNAL receiver (Ricavision) and I think it may be a VERSION 1 (whatever that means) MCE receiver. Can't use NEW drivers with it (HIP). It works pretty good EXCEPT FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT function:
FF/REW!!! It only goes 11 secs ahead. The other button does nothing and if I program it (880) it still goes 11 sec.
In Sage I have MCE remote selected in Setup/Advanced and have tried adjusting FF/REW times in Customize.
Also, the STOP button does not work so I have to hit Yellow (Options) and hit stop recording.
It seems many of you have this working ok--does your rew/ff work and is it customizeable??

Thanks for any help.

Randy

ps wish there was a way to get my Haup. Remote to communicate with Sage Client. (USBUIRT I guess??)

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool

Is anyone able to open/close Sage with MCE remote receiver and Harmony 880?? Also, can you get the FF/REW working (like Hauppauge remote) so that they are programmable (able to change FF/REW time settings)?
I set up 880 as an MCE pc--is that correct. I know that I can teach missing commands from an old remote to the 880 by aiming them at one another--I do NOT own an MCE remote (just the receiver). Can I use my Hauppauge remote to teach some missing commands to the 880 even though my initial setup of the 880 is with MCE pc??
Or, is it possible to use the MCE receiver and try to program the 880 as a Hauppauge remote?

Thanks, Randy

Old 09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wink

Hi All,
Gave up on the (junkie) MCE remote idea since I could not get it to funtion completely (mainly due to my internal receiver being Ver. 1, I think, so I could not use new drivers and HIP). Put one of my PVR-150's in the client and edited the remote.ini file to look for SagetvClient.exe and it works GREAT!! The old Hauppauge remote works so good and is very customizable in Sage.

Randy