SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
I'm working on another plugin that will help this out some. I've got to wait for the next SageTV Beta however for a fix to make it work the way I want. You will be able to edit a txt or edl file from within SageTV and with marginal functionality on a MVP. You will also be able to call VideoReDo to remove the cuts - without having the window show up on screen. And if I can get the code to work it can replace the original file. I also want to enable calling the SageTV transcoder to compress the file.
That sounds like a great addition. I don't know how useful it would be for my typical viewing where I just view and delete a recording. However for archived recordings, or recordings you want to archive this would be awesome giving you the ability to get the com breaks absolutely perfect before editing them out.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
OK I have uploaded version 0.6 which should make it compatible with SageTV 6.0.15+. It should also still be compatible with V5.0.4 as well so if you have problems let me know. Version 5 users if this is a problem I will include a previous version of the plugin to support SageTV 5.0.4. I no longer have Version 5 installed anywhere so I could not test this.

Note1: you still need to install this plugin before the MiniGuide I did not do anything to specificly improve compatibility with the MiniGuide so if you are having problems with this and you have the MiniGuide installed - try installing this plugin first please.

BobP.
Sorry to take so long to get back to you Bob..... I installed 0.6 and it's working fine with SageTV 6.0.1.5 (haven't downloaded/installed 6.0.1.6 yet).

A quick question. I'm assuming that the timeout of the display disappearing is the timeout setting in Sage itself for onscreen display? If so I'm probably going to have to bump it up a couple seconds. My fingers can't find and get all the buttons pressed in the dark before it times out and I have to start all over again.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
Sorry to take so long to get back to you Bob..... I installed 0.6 and it's working fine with SageTV 6.0.1.5 (haven't downloaded/installed 6.0.1.6 yet).

A quick question. I'm assuming that the timeout of the display disappearing is the timeout setting in Sage itself for onscreen display? If so I'm probably going to have to bump it up a couple seconds. My fingers can't find and get all the buttons pressed in the dark before it times out and I have to start all over again.
Yes. I would increase your timeout a little. You can always make it go away if you set it too long for other times by just pressing info.

BobP.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, I'll increase the timeout for the OSD a bit. Thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage User

great stv import. why the hell hasn't this been in sagetv before? it's at version 6 now. what are they doing? don't they use their product too?
Old 12-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan39969
great stv import. why the hell hasn't this been in sagetv before? it's at version 6 now. what are they doing? don't they use their product too?
When I first started asking to get this in SageTV (it's been in my ReplayTV for years) people didn't seem to "get it", or see a reason for it. It's one of those things that's hard to grasp I guess, but once you've used it you don't know how you ever got along without it.

Admittedly using Comskip with SageTV I don't use it as much as I used to, but still find it handy when viewing shows on the MVP in my bedroom. You know, when you nod off and want to quickly get back to 38 minutes into the program, or back up to where you started your 15 minute "nap".
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Sage Expert

Are there any plans to get this plugin working with the latest SageTV (6.2.4)?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Does it have a problem? If so please describe the symptoms and I will see if I can reproduce them - and thereby be able to fix them. I have not installed it yet with 6.2.4 as I've been busy with another plugin. Plus I like to keep the beta installs fairly clean on my systems until they are release versions.