SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

View Poll Results: What's your result using the updated DirecTV Serial Control DLL?
DirecTV Serial Control worked for me before in SageTV and it still works with this new DLL 8 22.22%
DirecTV Serial Control did NOT work for me before in SageTV and it DOES work with this new DLL 5 13.89%
DirecTV Serial Control did NOT work for me before in SageTV and it does NOT work with this new DLL 3 8.33%
DirecTV Serial Control worked for me before in SageTV and it does NOT work with this new DLL 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

6.1.3 is the current Beta / RC (Release Candidate) & can be found here...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23559
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleHat
6.1.3 ? The download page only shows 6.0.19 ... what I have installed. Hmm...
Beta buddy. Check the beta thread sticky announcement. (Just like always.)

Here: 6.1.3

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage User

not working for me

I have a Directv HTL-HD tuner and the serial plugin does not work for me.

I am controlling my Sat box using a plugin that I downloaded from GBPVR named directv.exe. This plugin works perfectly using the exetuner plugin.

there are a few oddities but it does work and is very reliable.

I hope that this helps someone.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Sage User

Has anyone tried to run this with more than 4 receivers by usb or serial. I am looking to do this and wanted som feedback.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorforyou View Post
I have a Directv HTL-HD tuner and the serial plugin does not work for me.

I am controlling my Sat box using a plugin that I downloaded from GBPVR named directv.exe. This plugin works perfectly using the exetuner plugin.

there are a few oddities but it does work and is very reliable.

I hope that this helps someone.
Thanks thorforyou.

I'm installing SageTV again after using MediaPortal exclusively to record my shows. I recall this being an issue with SageTV in the past and I hope I can get it working as well. I'll have to do more research on how to use plugins with SageTV I also have an HTL-HD DirecTV receiver.

Last edited by natrlhy; 04-02-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Sage User

Ok, so I have downloaded the ExeTunerPlugin from this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...02&postcount=6

I have placed the EXETunerPlugin.dll in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory. I downloaded the directv.exe utility for GBPVR from here and also placed it in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory.

I re-setup my video source and I also modified the Sage.properties file and modified this line to look like this:

mmc/encoders/942713513/3/0/device_name=directv.exe -port com1 -box RCA -set NEW \#

Before using the EXETunerPlugin.dll file I could see the DirecTV channel I was on, now I just get no signal...

Have I setup something wrong?

Many thanks...

I've started a new thread for my particular issue:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24566

Last edited by natrlhy; 04-02-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Directv.exe

Hi,

I installed the directv.exe program into my c:\ directory. I did nothing at all to my sage properties file.

In my reg entry for exe tuner I simply enter the following command:

"c:\directv.exe" %channel%

The program can ve tested from the command line

at the command line enter directv.exe 10 to tune to channel 10. This should work. I am using an io gear serial to usb adapter and I am using com port 1.

Here is the URL with the usage instructions:
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/U...ChannelControl

In my case I did not use anything but the defaults. Be after making sure that my PC was using com port 1 for comunication with the htl_hd.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I actually figured out why it wasn't working for me (I still have an issue though).

This registry entry works for me. I have the directv.exe file in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ directory:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin]
"command"="directv.exe #%CHANNEL%"
But this one is ignored:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\EXETunerPlugin]
"command"="directv.exe #%CHANNEL%"
I found that if I run the directv.exe from command line I have to used a # symbol in order for it to change the channel. i.e: directv.exe #10 will tune the HTL-HD to channel 10 but without the # symbol, it just gives me the syntax help for the command.

The issue I am having now is that the channel changes, but in SageTV, it just says, "No Signal". Am I missing another setting somewhere?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
If anyone is using the new DirecTV HD H20 reciever w/ the Patterson TV translator and cannot get it to change channels, or if it just stopped work read this thread of mine:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=236942

It took hours to solve, hopefully this can help someone else in the future....

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Sage Icon

Question

So I asked this in a different forum, but it never got any traction.

Can the DirectTV Serial Control for SageTV pass dashes ('-') for subchannel tuning? It doesn't appear to be doing so for me. I got the Paterson device and using the DirectTV Control application utility I can send things like "231-1" (FoodTV HD) and it works just fine, so I know the device can do it. But I try to do it with SageTV and nothing happens. Once one puts the dash in the channel, no input is sent to the receiver it seems. It works just fine otherwise.

I know the EXE tuner stubdevice doesn't pass '-' for IR tuning either and wonder if the serial control dll has the same problem.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL