SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

The new machine has a USB drive at J: with an empty top level directory structure that matches the imported tunes on the old machine, i.e. j:\sageimports\cdarchive.

Go into setup and add this empty dir structure to my music imports. Refresh and they are all still there in media library.

What makes this even worse is that in my experimenting I have added another location for ..\cdarchive so the music library has doubled with empty songs. duh

Along the same lines are issues with my imported dvd drive. Over 4 years I have written about 1700 dvds of sage recorded mpg files. I have my dvd drive set up as a video import directory and play these dvds through sage/imported video. It worked great in 2.2.7.

Now in 6.x, Sage won't start without a dvd in the drive. Not a big problem because I rarely have to restart but it highlights the root cause of these library issues. There needs to be a simple way to tell sage 'that drive is gone and everything that was on it is gone.' I understand the need to have persistent data for network and usb drives that are expected to come back on line. We need a way to 'reset' a library path.

As always, I apreciate the help

-gary-
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown View Post
The new machine has a USB drive at J: with an empty top level directory structure that matches the imported tunes on the old machine, i.e. j:\sageimports\cdarchive.

Go into setup and add this empty dir structure to my music imports. Refresh and they are all still there in media library.
I'm going to have to ask about it, since I haven't run into this in a long time.

In the mean time, does it help to recreate the full folder path to one of the phantom music files? Maybe seeing the exact path w/o the file there will help.

And, this property should already be true, but you could check its value:
make_all_mediafiles_local=true

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

I'm told that this clean-up should just happen automatically now when the import dir is removed. I'm guessing it at least needs to be able to see the drive, just like for recordings, but you've got the drive letter set up now. If the phantom files continue to remain, you should file a bug report. Since you are using v6, you might want to try it with the latest beta, if you haven't done so already.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I apologize for my lack of due diligence. It was the make_all_files_local property. I had read about it with regards to the service and I was not using the service so I didn't check it. I set the property correctly and the phantom directories disappeared.

thanx for the help

-gary-