SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
That's wierd, I am not seeing the bigger screen on my MVP. Is there a property to set to adjust the size? Should it work on the MVP?
I'm using 6.4
thanks,
JUC
I do not have a MVP, so I can't test it and tell if it should work or not ...
Did you enable the feature in the SageMC options screen (in the 'Addon' section) ? It is disabled by default ...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I do not have a MVP, so I can't test it and tell if it should work or not ...
Did you enable the feature in the SageMC options screen (in the 'Addon' section) ? It is disabled by default ...

Dirk

LOL!! That's it. You see- i go away for vacation, come back and didn't even know there was an 'addon' section in the options screen!!
Thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Date/Time size change

Where do I go about in Studio to change the date/time to a smaller font? Is that a simple properties change or what?

Thanks,
AWS
Old 06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
Where do I go about in Studio to change the date/time to a smaller font? Is that a simple properties change or what?

Thanks,
AWS
while sage is active, press ctrl+shift+f12 to open studio, browse to where the picture below indicates

and right click on the 'untitled' theme widget for the clock format you're using (one of the items being pointed in number 3).

if you want to change them all, i belive if you just change the bold style one (under time24) then the changes should propigate throughout the rest that are linked to it (the ones above that are in italics style). if you just want to change a single one, then change the one you want.

after you find which one you want to change, right click on it > properties, and at the bottom, on the left, you'll see entries for font and font size. you can play till your hearts content. just remember that it doesnt update on the fly, you'll have to 'reload' the screen, whether you go to a new screen or just go to the main menu again, it doesnt matter, just so it has to redraw the time with the new settings inplace.

and if you screw something up, just hit revert, close out the properties box and try again. (it'll revert back to the last time that particualar properties box was closed).
Old 06-09-2006, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
while sage is active, press ctrl+shift+f12 to open studio, browse to where the picture below indicates

and right click on the 'untitled' theme widget for the clock format you're using (one of the items being pointed in number 3).

if you want to change them all, i belive if you just change the bold style one (under time24) then the changes should propigate throughout the rest that are linked to it (the ones above that are in italics style). if you just want to change a single one, then change the one you want.

after you find which one you want to change, right click on it > properties, and at the bottom, on the left, you'll see entries for font and font size. you can play till your hearts content. just remember that it doesnt update on the fly, you'll have to 'reload' the screen, whether you go to a new screen or just go to the main menu again, it doesnt matter, just so it has to redraw the time with the new settings inplace.

and if you screw something up, just hit revert, close out the properties box and try again. (it'll revert back to the last time that particualar properties box was closed).
Nicely done, I couldn't have explained it better !

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Sage Expert

disk space widget

How do I add the disk space widget once found Nielm's Dynamic Menu?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you very much!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've noticed that when I'm browsing through additional showings, there is no inidication that specific episodes are scheduled to record. Any chance of getting the "red dot" into the future episode list?

It would also be nice to have some way to more quickly navigate in the Artists/Albums list, something like the alphatbet jump buttons in the original STV.

Thanks!

Last edited by src666; 06-10-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
I've noticed that when I'm browsing through additional showings, there is no inidication that specific episodes are scheduled to record. Any chance of getting the "red dot" into the future episode list?
Like that idea ... But be aware that this will only work for future shows which air within the configured 'scheduling lookahead' in Sage (usually that's 3 days, and the EPG info pulls in much more days). If a show airs later it might still get scheduled for recording later on, but at the time you bring up the 'Other Showings' list there wont be an icon (since the code cant detect it) ...

Quote:
It would also be nice to have some way to more quickly navigate in the Artists/Albums list, something like the alphatbet jump buttons in the original STV.
Unfortunately very low on my priority list since I don't use Sage for playing my music ...

Dirk
Old 06-10-2006, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
How do I add the disk space widget once found Nielm's Dynamic Menu?
If you mean the one from the hidden UI features in the standard STV - this is not implemented in SageMC. There is a separate menu screen in SageMC - Deria's System Monitor - which will show you disk utilization. You can either follow the instructions posted here, or add the screen via the built-in nielm's dynamic menu (link to internal screen 'System Monitor Plugin - deria')...

Dirk
Old 06-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If you mean the one from the hidden UI features in the standard STV - this is not implemented in SageMC. There is a separate menu screen in SageMC - Deria's System Monitor - which will show you disk utilization. You can either follow the instructions posted here, or add the screen via the built-in nielm's dynamic menu (link to internal screen 'System Monitor Plugin - deria')...

Dirk
As I understand from the posting, you have to edit with studio to get that to work?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
As I understand from the posting, you have to edit with studio to get that to work?
No, not at all ... Either 1) you follow the instructions on the link I posted above and insert

Code:
        mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor
into your Sage.properties file which will make the system monitor available under 'My Plugins',

or (2) you use "My Menu" and add a new menu item: My Menu -> Options Menu (ESC on keyboard) -> Add New Menu Item -> Internal Screen -> select "System Monitor Plugin - deria" -> give it a name -> Options menu once more -> save menu definition file

Dirk
Old 06-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Like that idea ... But be aware that this will only work for future shows which air within the configured 'scheduling lookahead' in Sage (usually that's 3 days, and the EPG info pulls in much more days). If a show airs later it might still get scheduled for recording later on, but at the time you bring up the 'Other Showings' list there wont be an icon (since the code cant detect it) ...
I understand about the lookahead limitation. Right now, it's mainly an issue with manually scheduled recordings - for example, there are some episodes of Star Trek TNG that I would like to catch. When browsing through future airings I frequently jump into the program details just to see if I already scheduled it or not (hard to keep track of everything mentally). I figure if the details screen can show the red dot, then the programs list can too - that may be a faulty assumption on my part, though.

Quote:
Unfortunately very low on my priority list since I don't use Sage for playing my music ...
Drat! I have close to 500 artists in my system, and over 800 albums. Scrolling through the list takes _forever_. Maybe someday.

Thanks for all your hard work on this - I'm really enjoying the changes you have made.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I understand about the lookahead limitation. Right now, it's mainly an issue with manually scheduled recordings - for example, there are some episodes of Star Trek TNG that I would like to catch. When browsing through future airings I frequently jump into the program details just to see if I already scheduled it or not (hard to keep track of everything mentally). I figure if the details screen can show the red dot, then the programs list can too - that may be a faulty assumption on my part, though.
No faulty assumption, I'll get that into the next version ...

Quote:

Drat! I have close to 500 artists in my system, and over 800 albums. Scrolling through the list takes _forever_. Maybe someday.
Yeah, can feel your pain. Did you ever resolve the "send to queue" issue ? I don't remember any one here responding on that ...

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi flachbar,

This is great, I really like being able to use the onscreen setup options

A small bugfix for you. This was an existing bug in SageMC that affects those who use the 'movie_category' property. On the recorded files screen, filtering by the type Movies returned nothing for me as my movie_category is Film rather than Movie. Rather then using the 'GetProperty("mlbdude/movie_category","Movie")' it is currently just hardcoded as 'Movie' in studio.

I have attached a piccy of where I have made the change to make it work.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Recorded_Movies.GIF (34.9 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 06-11-2006 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Found line to change.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Hi flachbar,

This is great, I really like being able to use the onscreen setup options

A small bugfix for you. This was an existing bug in SageMC that affects those who use the 'movie_category' property. On the recorded files screen, filtering by the type Movies returned nothing for me as my movie_category is Film rather than Movie. Rather then using the 'GetProperty("mlbdude/movie_category","Movie")' it is currently just hardcoded as 'Movie' in studio.

I have attached a piccy of where I have made the change to make it work.
Yeah, you are right. I found a couple of other places which also use the hardcoded value. Will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Dirk
Old 06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Sage Expert

lost timeline bar in menu

it appears to have fallen behind the menu.

What about a little red arrow (marked time) on the bottom with a dotted line going through the guide would work better?

GOD I LOVE THIS STV... IT'S TREMENDOUS!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, can feel your pain. Did you ever resolve the "send to queue" issue ? I don't remember any one here responding on that ...
Yeah - I resolved it by not using it. It does nothing for me. Once I set up the queue by adding either a file, an album or an artist, I can't add anything else to the queue. Too bad, it's one of the things that Sage's music section needs most. I'm wondering if it was ever fully cooked in SageMC, or just something that was in progress when development stopped.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 6.5 is now available for download here.

Changes in 6.5:
  • The sounds can now be disabled in the settings menu, no need to rename/delete the sounds folder any more (the exceptions in the debug logged nagged me)
  • Added evilpenguins extension for minimizing Sage after starting external programs from the 'Other Programs' screen, simply add "_m" to the shortcut name
  • Added recording icons for the list "Other Showings" in order to see which future airing are scheduled to record. Note that only shows which air within your configured scheduling_lookahead (typically 3 days) can be marked
  • Fixed missing 'Left_as_back' functionality in several menus. Text entry dialogs can be exited by selecting 'Left' on the last row of keys
  • Added option to disable the stop popup which shows after stopping a playback to return directly to the last menu. Disabled by default.
  • Fixed remaining code where the movie category was hardcoded
  • Added options "Default Start/Stop Padding" for favorites
  • Added SortByDate/SortByOriginalDate to subgroup menu
  • Added 'Year' attribute to Favorite settings.
  • Added text entry and directory file listing to ease input of values in SageMC settings
  • Added an option to display the vertical 'current time' bar in the EPG (disabled by default)
  • 'Premieres' filter does now show also Season premieres
  • Added option to limit lookahead for premieres search (default 7 days) to make the search faster and the menu change more responsive
  • Extra info (on Info toggle) now also shows extra airing details (CC, Stereo, Premiere, etc) in addition to the external ShowID

Oh, almost forgot: to put an end to all the moaning for good, I added the full conflict resolution logic of the standard STV to SageMC ... You should see exactly the same options to resolve the conflict as with the standard STV. The original SageMC behavior is still available and will be the default on a fresh install. This way, everyone can choose the functionality he/she prefers. And now I dont want to hear anything about it any more ... (other than bug reports, maybe )

Dirk
Old 06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Version 6.5 is now available for download here.

Dirk
Good god! The only thing that I can complain about now is... OK give me a little bit... I'll find something.

As far as future opportunities, how about adding in the code for the Web Radio?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18497

Seems like a 'natural' addition... I would love to see this. I thought about using the FM tuner, but since there is no EPG and as it ties up the tuner, web radio seems a better choice.

EDIT: Even better...! How about adding code the import above to utilize Pandora! (http://www.pandora.com/) I absolutely love it!

-Jason

Last edited by Jason; 06-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Closed Thread