SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Does this mean that I can create a .my file for something that was already recorded and re-encoded?
Well, theoretically yes, if the re-encoded file would still have all its metadata in the Sage database. The automatic .my file generation uses the info contained in the Sage db to generate the fields in the .my file.

Now I might be wrong, but I assume that after the reencoding your files won't have any metadata any more (that's why you would need the .my files in the first place, right ?). So for such a scenario the typical usage would be:

- enable automatic .my file generation, this will generate .my files for all recorded shows
- when you edit/move/rename your recording files, move the corresponding .my file too, and rename it the same way
- once imported again, SageMC should be able to display the metadata found in the .my file for the show

Dirk
Old 11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk,

Remember me asking about a way to handle DVD files and HighDef files in such a way that they are identifiable (which would require a extension of the DB for an easy solution)? How about this....

The default v6 STV identifies my DVD rips separately from my imported movie files (mpg and ts). Whats the possibility of having a duplicate main menu and subsequent video menu for DVD rips vs. imported mpg and .ts files? I guess I could probably venture into Studio and copy and paste a bunch of code to hack something up, but I really dont know what I am doing on that level. My idea is to have a main menu that would look like this for options:
  1. My TV
  2. My Videos
  3. My DVD's
  4. My Pictures
  5. My Music

and so on. Is something like that possible? Would anyone else benefit from it? The "My DVDs" section could then have all the fancy folder view options that My Videos has, and at the same time keeps recorded videos separate from DVD rips quite nicely.

And then to extend upon that, if its possible without hacking the DB, maybe something can easily be done so that when a user picks a movie from either "My DVD's" or "My Videos" and goes into the details for that movie, something could flag the user (menu button, small image, etc) that this movie also exists in the other area in a different format. That way as you search for a movie to watch, when you bring up a HD version of it, you could be presented with the option to watch a DVD version that had DTS sound for instance, or a DVD version that is in the true OAR and not a crop job as presented by (insert your favorite HD movie channel here).

Just an idea, but maybe totally unrealistic or unwanted.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

@ geogecko
Quote:
Check the SageMC Options in the Settings>>Detailed Setup>>Advanced area.
I checked there and there is nothing about .my files. I checked the system info and it says SageMC STV version 6.2.0a
I also looked under SageMC 169 Options and nothing there either.
@flachbar
Quote:
enable automatic .my file generation, this will generate .my files for all recorded shows
- when you edit/move/rename your recording files, move the corresponding .my file too, and rename it the same way
- once imported again, SageMC should be able to display the metadata found in the .my file for the show
This is the same as it was for GermSage and works fine, however after upgrading to Sage v6 I lost the .my file support and in frustration deleted some of them. I was wondering if it were possible to recreate them from the History. A save to .my file while looking in the past airings would be AWESOME..... Would it be possible to include this feature or is out of the realm of possibility?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
@ geogecko

I checked there and there is nothing about .my files. I checked the system info and it says SageMC STV version 6.2.0a
I also looked under SageMC 169 Options and nothing there either.
So you don't see
  • Use .my files
  • Auto-generate .my files
  • Cleanup orphaned .my files
in the SageMC options ??

Quote:
This is the same as it was for GermSage and works fine, however after upgrading to Sage v6 I lost the .my file support and in frustration deleted some of them. I was wondering if it were possible to recreate them from the History. A save to .my file while looking in the past airings would be AWESOME..... Would it be possible to include this feature or is out of the realm of possibility?
Should be possible...

Dirk
Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

I can not find it...
What I see under options are:
Main:
(Movie Category, Select in OSD, Video Deletion, Left as Back, External Media Player, DVD Player, TV PLayer)
Visual:
(UI Animations, Main Menu UI Animations, OSD Animations, Clock Format, Compact Clock Display, Left & Right Menu width)
Icons & Images
(Encoder, Firstrun, Guide firstrun, Grouped watched, Conflict, Rec for OtherShowings, OSD Channel Logo)
Menus
(Dynamic Main, My Menu, Custom Menus)
Colors & Fonts
(Obviously nothing in here about .my files)
Path
(Other Programs, Offline Path, Meta Data XML, DVD Profiler Path, IMDB Cache Path)
Old 11-03-2006, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can not find it...
What I see under options are:
Main:
(Movie Category, Select in OSD, Video Deletion, Left as Back, External Media Player, DVD Player, TV PLayer)
Visual:
(UI Animations, Main Menu UI Animations, OSD Animations, Clock Format, Compact Clock Display, Left & Right Menu width)
Icons & Images
(Encoder, Firstrun, Guide firstrun, Grouped watched, Conflict, Rec for OtherShowings, OSD Channel Logo)
Menus
(Dynamic Main, My Menu, Custom Menus)
Colors & Fonts
(Obviously nothing in here about .my files)
Path
(Other Programs, Offline Path, Meta Data XML, DVD Profiler Path, IMDB Cache Path)
I don't see any of yours above with more than 7 choices and I could swear that some/most do have more then 7 options. I would cursor right to one of the options and then scroll down past the bottom one to display the hidden options not displayed.

BobP.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Wow I feel like an idiot now ...

Found it, thanx. Now if only we could save .my files from the guide, past and future airings, that would be great...
Old 11-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Well, theoretically yes, if the re-encoded file would still have all its metadata in the Sage database. The automatic .my file generation uses the info contained in the Sage db to generate the fields in the .my file.

Now I might be wrong, but I assume that after the reencoding your files won't have any metadata any more (that's why you would need the .my files in the first place, right ?). So for such a scenario the typical usage would be:

- enable automatic .my file generation, this will generate .my files for all recorded shows

Dirk
Sure would be nice to have this automatic like
Old 11-03-2006, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there Dirk,

I am actually using a mixture of different icons, so no real set, but I am attaching the rec_indicator.png file that I think is what you might want? Mike made two different versions of this file I believe, one was small, and one was little bigger for HDTV sets..I believe this is the larger one... and on both client shots in the previous post, they were both using this same image. TIA for looking into this!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1162475059
Well, I think the main problem is that the icon is simply too big (60x60) for the display you are using. It looks the same for me if I open a 640x480 placeshifter window on my desktop, but looks great in 1280*1024 fullscreen.

Mike created the bigger icon versions for those who found the standard size icons too small on their big TV screens, and I changed the code in SageMC to *not* scale the icons down any more. So unless everyone is wants the icons to be scaled down again, your best solution would be to use a smaller icon set (30x30) for your Placeshifter client...

Dirk
Old 11-03-2006, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Dirk,

Remember me asking about a way to handle DVD files and HighDef files in such a way that they are identifiable (which would require a extension of the DB for an easy solution)? How about this....
How about this ...

There is a setting in SageMC which is probably not well known (you have to set it manually in the property file) which allows to use the "Custom Groups" as a top-level grouping on top of the Genres. So just assign all your DVDs to one group and your other files to another, and you will be able to browse them separately :

The setting is "mlbdude/custom_category_direct_view=false"

Dirk
Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've downloaded the latest version and do not see the weather bar or any option to show this. What am I missing here?

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How about this ...

There is a setting in SageMC which is probably not well known (you have to set it manually in the property file) which allows to use the "Custom Groups" as a top-level grouping on top of the Genres. So just assign all your DVDs to one group and your other files to another, and you will be able to browse them separately :

The setting is "mlbdude/custom_category_direct_view=false"

Dirk
I didnt know about that option! That should do what I want perfectly! Just have to figure out how to assign groups now.

*edit* my only request would be the addition of the ability to set the Group view as 'by list' and the genre's inside as 'by folder'. This doesnt seem to work right now, its either all list, or all folder.

Last edited by Kirby; 11-03-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Goofy

I'm running Sage 6.0.13.112 and SageMC 6.8a

When I try to config my SageMC options, the top, right most menu item stays selected and I can't move the control to any of the actual menu items on the left. When I hit UP/DOWN (either with mouse, keyboard or remote) the menu items will change as if the focus is being moved from the left side menu option group, but I can't change anything.

AWS
Old 11-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Guide Data

I seem to have lost the data in the TV Guide??
Any ideas on regenerating it ot what file it might reside in?
Thanks -JD
Old 11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS

When I try to config my SageMC options, the top, right most menu item stays selected and I can't move the control to any of the actual menu items on the left. When I hit UP/DOWN (either with mouse, keyboard or remote) the menu items will change as if the focus is being moved from the left side menu option group, but I can't change anything.

AWS
6.8a???? Have I missed something here?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
6.8a???? Have I missed something here?
This is one of the the pre-V6 versions, the new SageMC versions have 3-digit numbers (6.2.0a) ...

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS

AWS
SageMC 6.8a only works with SageTV 5.x, you will have to upgrade to SageMC 6.2.0a ...

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I seem to have lost the data in the TV Guide??
Any ideas on regenerating it ot what file it might reside in?
Thanks -JD
Try this ...

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SageMC 6.8a only works with SageTV 5.x, you will have to upgrade to SageMC 6.2.0a ...

Dirk
Oh? Where is that one?

Thx

AWS
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
Oh? Where is that one?

Thx

AWS