SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Disabled weather bar.. ah.. as I was typing 'no change there' while I left Sage with the blank screen, the menu appeared.

However, it is verrrrrrry slowww. Task manager shows SageTV process running at 97-99% CPU. Any input via remote takes e.g. 2-3secs to move from one menu item to another, then 30 secs for the animation to move from right to left.

Edit: Just attached the latest log files during the slow menu.
Really looks to me like a DirectX9 issue, it takes the Sage image loader around 12 seconds to load an icon file and generate the DirectX9 texture. This stuff is way over my head, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Maybe support would be able to diagnose this ? Doesn't hurt to try ...

Edit: try to change the ui/use_native_image_loader setting in the property files and see if this makes a difference

Dirk
Old 11-18-2006, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
OK, clear as mud? Anything else you need to know?
I think I found the problem, at least for the 'icon half off screen' issue. Can you try the attached STV ?

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagemc_test.zip (434.6 KB, 233 views)
Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the update!

All is working great for me so far.

Sweet!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I think I found the problem, at least for the 'icon half off screen' issue. Can you try the attached STV ?

Dirk
thats looks like it fixed it. Lately, I just had the missing icon instead of the half-off icon, but it looks like it took care of it.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Really looks to me like a DirectX9 issue, it takes the Sage image loader around 12 seconds to load an icon file and generate the DirectX9 texture. This stuff is way over my head, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Maybe support would be able to diagnose this ? Doesn't hurt to try ...

Edit: try to change the ui/use_native_image_loader setting in the property files and see if this makes a difference

Dirk
Tried changing "ui/use_native_image_loader" to 'true' with no change.

I'll submit a bug report soon, but I'm happy to use it without service mode for now.

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The auto-compression for favorites will always compress the shows in-place ...
Dirk
I guess I understand why most people would prefer this without even needing an option for an alternative, but any way you could point me to an easy way (in Studio, perhaps?) to change this for myself? Even if I no longer had an option and it was hardcoded to keep the original?

Logic for me is I record in HD only, which is great for the main tv, but I don't have a powerful enough machine to watch HD on my client (a laptop) and the wireless won't stream fast enough to make it consistent either, so I'd love a way to always have the HD option available for the server but a compressed option available when I want to watch something on the client.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Dirk,

I don't know if anybody mentioned it but I noticed that the volume display does not show up on the Music - Now Playing screen. Also when I hit the prev/next track button it jumps by 2:30 in either direction.

I really like the look in the now playing screen and the movie and music folder views. I'm looking forward to trying out the file compression too!

Oh, the video and music sub-menus on the main menu are great too!

Morgan

Last edited by Morgan111; 11-18-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Dirk,

I don't know if anybody mentioned it but I noticed that the volume display does not show up on the Music - Now Playing screen. Also when I hit the prev/next track button it jumps by 2:30 in either direction.
Thanks for the info, I'll fix the volume display. Regarding the control buttons, they are actually mapped to skip fwd/back and skip fwd2/back2, but if there is consensus that it should rather be prev/next track then I will change that too. I do agree that it'd make more sense ...

Quote:
I really like the look in the now playing screen and the movie and music folder views. I'm looking forward to trying out the file compression too!

Oh, the video and music sub-menus on the main menu are great too!

Morgan
Glad you like it

Dirk
Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I guess I understand why most people would prefer this without even needing an option for an alternative, but any way you could point me to an easy way (in Studio, perhaps?) to change this for myself? Even if I no longer had an option and it was hardcoded to keep the original?

Logic for me is I record in HD only, which is great for the main tv, but I don't have a powerful enough machine to watch HD on my client (a laptop) and the wireless won't stream fast enough to make it consistent either, so I'd love a way to always have the HD option available for the server but a compressed option available when I want to watch something on the client.
You could do the following: Search for [...]

Edit: forget my idea, it's not that easy.
Sage would be compressing the same shows over and over again. There are more changes needed... Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 11-18-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Expert

I must be dense... I still can't get dynamic menus to work. I keep getting an "Invalid top level node version 1.4 when parsing..." error on the default sagemc_menu.xml. I have tried copying the full version of SageMC 6.3 into the Sage directory but still get the same error.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 11-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Skip Button

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll fix the volume display. Regarding the control buttons, they are actually mapped to skip fwd/back and skip fwd2/back2, but if there is consensus that it should rather be prev/next track then I will change that too. I do agree that it'd make more sense ...

Dirk
My Vote:
YES... next track in Music area, Skip in video... (if not possible to have it do both, then next track)...
-JD
Old 11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
I must be dense... I still can't get dynamic menus to work. I keep getting an "Invalid top level node version 1.4 when parsing..." error on the default sagemc_menu.xml. I have tried copying the full version of SageMC 6.3 into the Sage directory but still get the same error.
What do you get when you try to load menu.xml instead of sagemc_menu.xml?
Old 11-18-2006, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Please check:

- SageMenu.dtd is from 10/23/06
- nielm_sagemenureader.jar is from 10/24/06
- there is no net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu directory in your Sage folder

Dirk
Old 11-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Please check:

Dirk
SageMenu.dtd and nielm_sagemenureader.jar are both the correct versions. I do have the sagemenu directory. I'll try renaming it to see what happens. Thanks.

Update: Renaming the net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu directory fixed it. I am now using dynamic menus. Thank you.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP

Last edited by White94Cobra; 11-18-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problems with the older MC Versions

I am not using V6 of Sage so I am still on the older verions of MC. The problem that I am suddenly having is that there is nothing in the MC upcoming recordings. Plently of shows are being recorded and the default STV shows a schedule. Just not MC

Second question (more of a generic question): I accidentally selected a .stv file within Sage. Now I cannot get back to the original MC .xml as they (.xml fils) no longer show up as a selection although they are still there. I have tried a complete reinstall of Sage with no success. I have also changed the properties file directly with no success.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Please check:

Dirk

Quote:
SageMenu.dtd and nielm_sagemenureader.jar are both the correct versions. I do have the sagemenu directory. I'll try renaming it to see what happens. Thanks.

Update: Renaming the net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu directory fixed it. I am now using dynamic menus. Thank you.
Let me just add this for the record.
I deleted the directory and pulled the 2 files out of the newest MC full install and now my Dynamic Menus also work!

At the moment I am not using the Dynamic Menus as I don't really need them (but it's nice to have them working)

One thing though... when I enabled the Dynamic Menus there were already some options laid out on the menu.
one of them WAS NOT SETUP!!
How is one to get back to the Setup menu to disable Dynamic Menus if they can't figure out (or don't have the time) to add a Setup button to the menu?
(I know I probably missed something but yes, believe it... I ended up in this dilema), I was lucky (I'm learning) I backed up my Sage config before messing with this and just swapped out config files.... but possibly Setup might/should be added to the default Dynamic Menu....
-JD

Last edited by JDizzy; 11-19-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

New to SageMC

Greetings to all ... I'm relatively new to the Sage community and totally new to the SageMC import. I installed the newest development last night and I am very impressed. The acceptance factor for a home grown DVR has risen quite considerably at my house in the last couple days.

I am having some issues with this import that I need some help with. Please keep in mind I have NEVER seen this thing before 2 days ago.

The "back" key does not always get me where I expect to go. Is there a key navigation list somewhere? I have yet to decide on a remote and so I am still using a keyboard. If I am watching LIVE tv and hit the left arrow key.... nothing happens. I discovered yesterday that if I hit ALT-Leftarrow I will get back to the menu I was at before. So to get to the main menu I may have to hit Alt-Left 3 or 4 times depending on how I navigated to the LIVE tv display. How would you jump directly to main menu from Live TV? And I am sure there are other key combos that I need and don't know about.

I may have done something wrong in the installation as I do not see any difference in anything when I enable dynamic menus. I was hoping this would do something about the issue above. Of course I don't know what's supposed to happen either. I checked for the file date and folder issues mentioned in previous posts -- all seems to be ok. The filedates are correct and I don't have the folder mentioned. Although I did notice that the sagemc_menu.xml is OUTSIDE the STV folder. And if I try to load it thru the "advanced" menu -- the program hangs. I also put a copy into the STV folder... but that didn't help.

Sorry for the long post. I am sure it's me doing it wrong .... but I am at my wits end with this. I like the Sage MC import well enough -- but I don't know how to use it and can't figure out where the instructions ARE!

Thanks for "listening" ... and thanks in advance for advice and post id#s to read. :-)

System Info:
Celeron 1.7Mhz
Biostar U8568 mobo (VIA P4X266E chipset)
AGP Radeon 9100
768K memory
40 Gig IDE
400 gig SATA
SageTv beta 6.011
PVR 150

Last edited by belleboyd; 11-19-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Please check:

Dirk
This worked for me as well. Thank you very much Dirk for an awesome update!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 11-19-2006, 12:40 AM
SageTVaholic

@belleboyd

Welcome to the community!

- I highly recommend the MCE remote, as its a great bargain and it works natively with SageTV.

http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_inf...emote-controls

- As a newcomer, you probably shouldn't even mess with the dynamic menu's for a while. You should be more than happy with the default menu system for quite a while, and by the time you do want to upgrade, you'll have a much better working knowledge of Sage

- The SageTV Manual pdf that comes with SageTV has a complete list of all the keyboards shortcuts and commands.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

With Dynamic Menus enabled, when I try to go into My Menu->Google Videos or My Menu->Parental Controls, I get the following error:
Code:
Error: this Internal Screen is not accessible via dynamic menus 
"Google Video Menu"/"Parental Controls"
Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. I had to shut down the client and start it up again. That'll teach me to post before following all directions!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version

Last edited by Enormous; 11-19-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Closed Thread