SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Request

I noticed now in Sage 6 if you play part of a DVD and then go back later to watch it, it presents a dialog box asking you you want to resume or restart. I used to use your plugin for that. Can you incorporate that dialog in the next version? I believe 6.30 by default is resuming where it left off.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi pvr599,

did you try the solution which fixed the exact same problem for Hyperbaric ?

Dirk
Just a note... this only works for me during that current client session. I.e, if I close the client and restart (using the MC STV already selected) it hangs.

In case it is of some use, I have attached 2 new sets of log files, when launched successfully using the default STV, and then unsuccessfully when trying to relaunch with the MC STV.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_success.txt (40.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_success.txt (25.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_fail.txt (40.3 KB, 235 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_fail.txt (20.7 KB, 190 views)

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I noticed now in Sage 6 if you play part of a DVD and then go back later to watch it, it presents a dialog box asking you you want to resume or restart. I used to use your plugin for that. Can you incorporate that dialog in the next version? I believe 6.30 by default is resuming where it left off.

Gerry
Same here... would like it not to continue where it left off by default.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Same here... would like it not to continue where it left off by default.
Since this functionality is now built into the core, I would need to add code to explicitly seek to the beginning of the file after starting playback... Never expected that having this finally natively supported by Sage would create even more work for me ...

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

I think i asked this in the beta thread but there is something that is bothering me with the auto generated screencaps for tv shows. When i record a movie in sage--then transfer it to my imported videos screen--a screencap is auto generated and shows up as the seudo coverart. I can go into IMDB lookup and get all the information and see the correct coverart, but when i go to save it, it always reverts back to sages auto gerated screencap. Is there anyway to have sagemc override this setting somehow?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I think i asked this in the beta thread but there is something that is bothering me with the auto generated screencaps for tv shows. When i record a movie in sage--then transfer it to my imported videos screen--a screencap is auto generated and shows up as the seudo coverart. I can go into IMDB lookup and get all the information and see the correct coverart, but when i go to save it, it always reverts back to sages auto gerated screencap. Is there anyway to have sagemc override this setting somehow?
Thanks,
Juc
If you rescan the import folder after you save it, it should keep the IMDB coverart.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

After playing around with the new version for a while I am happy to report that it is working fantastic for me. Both the dynamic menus and the regular ones work fine. Thanks for all your hard work!

One small issue that I have noticed is that after sending a show to compression, when I select to continue using SageTV it will take me back to the send to menu. I think it would be cleaner if it just returned to the show info.

Thanks for all the work. SageMC dramatically improves the SageTV experience!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
If you rescan the import folder after you save it, it should keep the IMDB coverart.
So i hit save--it brings me back to the imported videos screen but still shows the auto generated screencap. But--you are saying that after that if i rescan the directory the coverart will show up?? I will try it-
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think I can add a setting which will allow to make the cover art smaller so that the selection border width will increase

Dirk
In WindowsMCE (I think), when you select an album, the pic enlarges. It is a nice effect, but probably requires something in the core. Any chance of adding this type of animation?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Since this functionality is now built into the core, I would need to add code to explicitly seek to the beginning of the file after starting playback...
All you have to do to restart a DVD from the beginning, instead of resuming, is reset its watched status.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No, it does not touch the status at all, it's simply deleting the file
Very good, thanks.

Quote:
Sorry, but I doubt I will spend any time on the 'My Music Files' screen in the near future. It's an 'older' module which doesn't have any code to handle metadata, and I don't want to replicate this all over again. On the other hand, the 'Play All' functionality should be possible for the 'My Music' section
Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to edit a bijillion ID3 tags then.

Anybody have a good tutorial for using The Godfather? Or an alternate tagging app they recommend?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Or an alternate tagging app they recommend?
I think this is the one I am using at home:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
Old 11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I proudly present: SageMC 6.3.0

Video and Photo Library

The layout has been cleaned up and made consistent with the new Music library look. The focused/unfocused selection icons in all three views are now using the new scaling insets, which give much more crisp image boundaries than before. Due to a bug in the Sage core this might not work correctly if you have 3D acceleration disabled, or if you use a MVP. If you experience 'ghost' lines you can disable the new scaling insets in the SageMC options. The video library contains two new display options: "cover art only", and an option to disable the direct group view. What's direct group view ? Well, this feature has been in SageMC for a long time, but was kind'a hidden: if you are in the custom goup view, and select a group, you will usually see all videos that are part of this group. Disabling this "direct view" will show you the genres of the videos first, so basically it will allow you to group your videos 'on top' of the normal genre grouping. Another new feature is that you can enable/disable the offline icons with the press of the 'Info' button, and the saving of separate Folder/List settings for all views. In the picture libary, 'Info' will toggle the display of picture file name / date when viewing the picture fullscreen, and a 'Pause' icon will get shown when pausing a picture slide show
I noticed something which may or may not be a bug. I was feeling like I preferred the look of the pre-6.3 imported video cover art, so I was looking around in the settings to see if there was an option to revert back to it (I don't believe there is, right?). When playing around with the new settings options, when I tried setting "View Scaling Inserts" to Disabled, I no longer got any cover art in the "View by Folder" video menu. Instead, every dvd just showed a little box that said "VideoItem." This is on the server with 3D accel on. Don't know exactly what should be different with this set to Disabled, so just an FYI.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
If that's what you want to happen 100% of the time, then if you open studio, search for "AddTranscodeJob", find the one under the "ApplicationStarted" hook, and change the last parameter from true to false.

That will drop a compressed file right next to the original one, but I'm not sure how Sage would pick that up. You probably should do a manual test using the "Send to" button to see what happens.

If that doesn't pick it up and put it in the video library, then you could also hardcode a path in the 3rd parameter (currently null) of the AddTranscodeJob() to point to a video import folder and that should work also.

I hope that made sense
Wow, thanks for the help! I'll check this out today and let you know what happens...
Old 11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Expert

One additional imported video thumbnail question:

Sometime not too long ago (I *think* when I first upgraded to v6 along with the related v6 MC, but it could have been on a subsequent upgrade), I started noticing that as I scroll through the imported videos screen in thumbnail view, a majority of the thumbnails take a split-second to load. The faster I scroll, the bigger an issue it is, but it happens even going slowly one row at a time sometimes.

Basically, I'll scroll down a row and the three new dvds on that row will take about a half second to pop up their thumbnails. It *feels* like an issue where they're being cached and having to take a sec to pull up for the first time or something. But this is not the first time any of these thumbs have been displayed - they've probably been looked at dozens of times each at least.

Was there a change somewhere along the way, either in core or MC, that affected the way that these thumbnails are being loaded? I had never had a problem with this before - they would just "be there" as I scrolled through.

Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am new to the SageMC and I am impressed. The only thing that I miss from the regular STV is Malore's Recordings menu. What I miss is the ability to group by Category and sort by ShowID. Is there a way to set this in a property file? I installed the Malore menus import for now but it does not integrate in to the SageMC recordings menu.

Thanks,

Mariusz
Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Oh-Oh. I better update the iTV theme import. When you run the iTV import, it copies the Images_iTV dir to Images so that you don't also have to add the propertis lines and go to the theme config page. I'll modify it to see if the SageMC version is 6.3 or later and do the renaming like you in that case.
Yeah sorry, should have sent a separate note to our "Theme developers" regarding this change

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc87
The HD and Tuner No. Icons do not appear. However when I switch back to the generic STV they are back.
On which screen do you expect them to appear ?

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho

One small issue that I have noticed is that after sending a show to compression, when I select to continue using SageTV it will take me back to the send to menu. I think it would be cleaner if it just returned to the show info.
Darn, I noticed this during testing, but forgot to fix it in the final release

Dirk
Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
All you have to do to restart a DVD from the beginning, instead of resuming, is reset its watched status.

- Andy
Andy, not sure if I understand this correctly ...

You mean with 'SetWatched()' ? The watched flag is a boolean value, so does Sage set a DVD to watched once you started watching it ?

Dirk
Closed Thread