SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
So you are using the SageMC internal 'Background Commercial Processing' feature ? Wow, didn't think that this even worked ...

Anyway, using an external scheduler like Dirmon2 has many advantages, like being able to run multiple comskip sessions at the same time, passing parameters to the comskip process (like e.g. the nice option to use less CPU), ability to set blackout times, etc etc). I would at least try it out, Jasons turorial (and although it handles SA, the dirmon setup is pretty similar for comskip) looks great ...

Dirk
Aye. I couldn't find much in the way of docco but copied my comskip exe and ini to the sagetv directory and off it went. It took me a bit to realise that I had to generate .edl files for the timing to work correctly but after that it's been working beautifully. Using the settings in sagemc to not allow it to fire if there's a recording happening etc means that I've never realy noticed the process running.

I'm not sure if my desktop pc which runs the client is participating in the process. I guess I should pay some more attention to what is going on sometime.

Before moving to sage/sagemc I was using a scheduled task on multiple machines to speed the process overnight (here).

I think I'll just continue to use the excellent feature built into sagemc unless you plan on taking it away.

Mick.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
This may not be the cause of your problem but (as mentioned earlier in the thread) I've seen a problem recently on several machines where running the sage service as the system account allows the sage service to start normally but when the sage client/ui is fired up on the server it starts very slowly and runs at 100% cpu continuously. On both of these setups (mine and a friend's) changing the service settings so that it was using the same account as the logged in user (in my case .\Administrator) cleared the problem up and everything is working nicely again.

I'm not sure exactly what has caused this problem for me and whether it will be affecting everyone but thought it worth mentioning again just in case it helps.

Mick.

Changed my Sageservice prefs to use a specified account name '.\Stuart' rather than 'local account', and that seems to have done the trick!

I must have missed the relevance of the post you mention (or more likely I just missed the post entirely ) but many thanks for the info.

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

My Weather...

I prefer the weather page that comes with the stock STV for V6.. is there an easy way to have SageMC use that page for the "My Weather" page? I like the temp on the main page and wouldn't want to lose that, but the layout for the Stock V6 weather page is much more useful for me.

Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fine, just ignore me. I see how it is.

Hehe

It figures that as Im demoing basically every HTPC and media center software out there, I setup a christmas party where Im going to need the thing in 2 weeks .
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
-Then one bug or something I have noticed for a long time now. If you let the Sage screen saver kick in after a music queue has ended, then the only way to "wake up" Sage is to push the main menu button. If you leave Sage idle from any other area, then you can wake it up just by pushing up or down on your remote.
I have this problem too, although I haven't managed to narrow it down as specifically.

Also - I'm in Canada. Anybody know how to change the Weather Maps to relevant info (if possible?).
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
I am not ignoring anyone ... I might respond to some posts immediately, and others may take a few days, but usually I try to answer every post here in the forum. And then of course, due to the hight traffic here, I might even simply miss one once in a while

Quote:
It figures that as Im demoing basically every HTPC and media center software out there, I setup a christmas party where Im going to need the thing in 2 weeks .
You are going to need what in 2 weeks ?

Anyway, regarding your questions:

Quote:
- MyVideos: 2 Layer Deep Menus (Genre, then Title, or any other group). Three would cover everything, but I see that as being harder .
You already have 2 layers if you use custom groups with "direct view" disabled:

Custom Groups -> Genres -> Videos

Quote:
- MyMusic: Make search toggleable for what it searches (if viewing by album then only search albums, if viewing by artist then only search artist, etc.). Also, the 'keypad on the fly search' kind of grew on me. Anyway to implement that in the SageMC setup? (which I think improves 100x, just not in the searching area which was the only place the stock STV was good).
I agree, this would also be a nice feature in the music section (it's already there for TV shows). I'm sure I'll add this at some point, but might take a while though

Dirk
Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro

Hehe

I think you need to give Dirk some slack. He doesn't get paid for this and does it out of the kindness of his big ole heart. I'm amazed at how dedicated he has been with this and supporting everybodies problems and requests. It is a lot of work.

I don't see how the latest version is not acceptable for a demo.
It has so many features and options that I haven't event gotten around to exploring yet.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
I think you need to give Dirk some slack. He doesn't get paid for this and does it out of the kindness of his big ole heart. I'm amazed at how dedicated he has been with this and supporting everybodies problems and requests. It is a lot of work.

I don't see how the latest version is not acceptable for a demo.
It has so many features and options that I haven't event gotten around to exploring yet.
I think you'll find he's joking about the ignoring thing - see the 'hehe' and smiley after his quip.

I think his point about needing the 'thing' is that he's checking out lots of different PVR solutions and because he's set up a Xmas party he's going to need to have decided and have a useable solution by then.

Not my concern of course, but I didn't find his post the least bit threatening or rude -just light-hearted. As usual YMMV!!

Andy.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry if I misinterpreted. I can see that now.

But! I still think the latest version is very professional and full featured. And it will only get better from here...
Old 11-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Sage Expert

Argghh... I feel silly for asking what's probably a really simple question, but I just installed Client for the first time on a new laptop I bought (successfully streaming fullscreen HD wirelessly throughout the condo - YEA!!!) and I can't seem to figure out how to set the path correctly to see the cover art for my offline dvds on the client. All the other meta-data displays fine, but not the cover art. I assume it's a problem with the way I'm doing the paths, but for some reason I can't seem to get the right combination...

Also, for anyone using MC on a laptop, I need to map some keyboard shortcuts - doesn't seem like any keys do anything right now other than the arrow keys and Enter. Any suggestions on maps that have worked well?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to list the photos by folder like you can in the default stv as opposed to just by date or title? Actually the same question would apply for the music with grouping by folder, artist, or genre...

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric

Changed my Sageservice prefs to use a specified account name '.\Stuart' rather than 'local account', and that seems to have done the trick!

I must have missed the relevance of the post you mention (or more likely I just missed the post entirely ) but many thanks for the info.
YW. I'm glad it worked.

Mick.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
---------

Also - I'm in Canada. Anybody know how to change the Weather Maps to relevant info (if possible?).
Move further south...

Seriously though its in the options menu when you have the maps on the screen...

Go to weather.com to find the links to the maps you want...
Old 11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

European maps for SageMC

In case somebody who uses MC16x9 wants to change the wheater maps into European ones, below the ones I have put in. Just stop SageTV (also service) and update the Sage(client).properties file.

Initial values:

sagemc/wximage_title_1=National Conditions
sagemc/wximage_title_2=Morning Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_3=Evening Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_4=Atlantic Surface Analysis
sagemc/wximage_title_5=Precipitation Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_6=WBIR Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_7=WBIR Radar
sagemc/wximage_url_1=http://image.weather.com/images/maps/current/curwx_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_2=http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/amfcst_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_3=http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/pmfcst_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_4=http://images.intellicast.com/WeatherImg/CustomGraphic/tgsfc1.gif
sagemc/wximage_url_5=http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/precfcst_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_6=http://www.wbir.com/images/weather/fiveday.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_7=http://wbir.com/images/doppler/tys_radar.jpg

New Values (haven't changed them all yet, looking for better maps - if you find any let me know):

sagemc/wximage_title_1=Europe Satelite
sagemc/wximage_title_2=Europe Temperature Map
sagemc/wximage_title_3=Europe Humidity
sagemc/wximage_title_4=Europe Temperature Map II
sagemc/wximage_title_5=Precipitation Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_6=WBIR Forecast
sagemc/wximage_title_7=WBIR Radar
sagemc/wximage_url_1=http://image.weather.com/images/sat/europesat_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_2=http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xeu_st.gif
sagemc/wximage_url_3=http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xeu_rh.gif
sagemc/wximage_url_4=http://i.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.0/weather/cnn/europe_highs.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_5=http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/precfcst_600x405.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_6=http://www.wbir.com/images/weather/fiveday.jpg
sagemc/wximage_url_7=http://wbir.com/images/doppler/tys_radar.jpg
Old 11-29-2006, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Just stop SageTV (also service) and update the Sage(client).properties file.
Hi JParedis,

it's not necessary to stop UI or service for that. Just bring up the options menu while in the 'My Weather Maps' menu and enter the new URL for the map you like to change (you can also paste it from the windows clipboard with 'CTRL-v' while the edit box is focused). Then just leave the menu and come back, and the new map should get loaded.

Dirk
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
-Flachbar
When I am using SageMC sleeping sage will not let go of DX9 resources. For example Zoomplayer can not use DX9 for rendering if Sage is sleeping in the tray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
it is working fine!? Oh well consider it fixed....for now.
kricker--are you saying you can use VMR9 with Sage, sleep Sage, and still get Zoom to use VMR9 for rendering? Are you using full screen exclusive mode? In my theater, I use TheaterTek for DVD playback, but I have to completely close Sage before I can watch a movie since I use VMR9 full screen exclusive for both. I would love to be able to just sleep Sage if this is possible....
Old 11-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
kricker--are you saying you can use VMR9 with Sage, sleep Sage, and still get Zoom to use VMR9 for rendering? Are you using full screen exclusive mode? In my theater, I use TheaterTek for DVD playback, but I have to completely close Sage before I can watch a movie since I use VMR9 full screen exclusive for both. I would love to be able to just sleep Sage if this is possible....
I do not use FSE in Zoomplayer. I just use DX9 windowed mode. It seems to work the best regardless if Sage is open or not. I like to be able to have the OSD and navigators, which just do not work in ZP with FSE.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Is there a way to list the photos by folder like you can in the default stv as opposed to just by date or title?
Hmm, 'By Name' actually organizes the images by folder, so not really sure what you mean ...

Quote:
Actually the same question would apply for the music with grouping by folder, artist, or genre...
The SageMC music library is tag-based only, so the ability to group by folder would require a whole lot new code ...

Dirk
Old 11-29-2006, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Argghh... I feel silly for asking what's probably a really simple question, but I just installed Client for the first time on a new laptop I bought (successfully streaming fullscreen HD wirelessly throughout the condo - YEA!!!) and I can't seem to figure out how to set the path correctly to see the cover art for my offline dvds on the client. All the other meta-data displays fine, but not the cover art. I assume it's a problem with the way I'm doing the paths, but for some reason I can't seem to get the right combination...
I always went with UNC paths, and never had any problems ...

Quote:
Also, for anyone using MC on a laptop, I need to map some keyboard shortcuts - doesn't seem like any keys do anything right now other than the arrow keys and Enter. Any suggestions on maps that have worked well?

Thanks!
Strange, I'm using Sage on my laptop too, and all the standard key mappings (Home, Back, Ctlr-s, etc) worked out of the box. Did you check the 'Commands/Link Keystroke' assignments in the Detailed Setup ?

Dirk
Old 11-29-2006, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Sorry if I misinterpreted. I can see that now.
Yeah, I might have too ...

But still, I appreciate the support !

Dirk
Closed Thread