SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
...but what about what Dirk said? I must admit I don't have any of my music in Sage so I hve no idea what it would look like, but I was planning on it soon.
SageMC can use both. The only difference is that it will pick up a folder.jpg even without a library rescan, whereas embedded cover art needs a library rescan in order to get displayed (because it has to be imported into the Sage database first)

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
ahhh ok. So I don't have to make a few hundred folder.jpgs.....good!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
**EDIT

Deleted wiz.bin and .bak, slowly everything in media directories was loaded. I added a few IMDB descriptions, saved them, rebooted Sage and they are gone again, just as before)

Could it be because I have 2 or 3 directories (on seperate drives) named the same? (it confuses Sage?)

-JD
Do you have "force_full_content_reindex" in your Sage.properties enabled by any chance ? If I set this a rescan will wipe out the IMDB info for all my videos. I think normally it should reset itself to false after the library import, but it's worth checking ...

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
Cool. Now if I ran a MVP extender, would that see a SageMC interface as well?

Is all this still true with the V6 beta?
Can't speak for the Linux part, but on Windows this would be a 'yes'

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
-Can I save the cover art for an AVI imported video in My Videos? Mpegs work fine.
Yes, just drop a name-of-avi-file.jpg into the same directory and do a library rescan, and it should pic up the cover art

Quote:
-How do I add webradio to SageMC v6.3.0?
Check the webradio thread for how to install it, and then you can link to the web radio main screen either via the SageMC custom menus or with the dynamic menus.

Quote:
-Where is the search that only has one letter per box and not 3 letters per box? I saw and used it after one re-install and haven't seen it since.
You mean the non-Numeric-Text-Entry ? NTE can be enabled/disabled in the SageMC options, and you can temporarily switch between both by pressin 'Pause' while in the entry dialog

Quote:
-Can animated weather maps and cams be added to the weather?
The Sage core currently does not support animated GIFs, and the built-in weather maps only use core functionality

Quote:
-How do I get SageMC on my MVP? Before V6 I just loaded SageMC and my MVP would just pick it up and use it. Do I have to load it from the MVP?
Yep, you would just load it from the MVP. It's always a good idea to restart the MVP after this change.

Quote:
The volume on all my imported video's is way lower than normal or recorded TV. Is there a way to adjust the volume for imported videos or is this just usually a mpeg or avi problem?
I don't know of any way to address this within Sage

Quote:
Is anyone having problems with Showanalyzer constantly crashing?
Dunno, I use comskip...

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Hey Dirk
I had an idea for a feature that I had with my STB DVR. I'ts Autotune. To explain, let's say you wanted to see something that was on at 8:00pm but it was 7:40pm. You wanted to watch or do something else until that time and then you wanted Sage to automatically change to that channel at 8:00pm.

Does this sound like something that could be done?
Dana
Quote:
Couldn't you just set the show you want to autotune to record and it would automatically change to the channel?
JDizzy,
I guess I should have specified, I have 3 tuners. Sage just leaves on what I'm watching and records from a different tuner. Maybe that would explain why it's possible it can't be done. Maybe.
Thanks for the response!!

Dirk,
Thank you very much for the answers. It certainly helps.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Scheduling Problem

Is there a way to remove padding on back to back manual recordings. I just realized that because I have 5 minutes of default padding, I am unable to do back to back manual records. I have the remove padding on back to back enabled, however this seems to only work for favorites. It would be nice if it would recognize this and save me from having to change the padding manually ever time a conflict arises.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had started a new thread on the subject but it was suggested to ask the question here. I am wanting to know how to set up an external player for all of my sage recordings. The player in this case would be the myhd app/card. When I select a recording in sage I would like it to launch the myhd software to play the file. I understand that sagemc supports external players, but am having a hard time finding out how to configure sagemc to launch the myhd.exe app. Mhy current pc and video card won't play my recorded hd files, but the myhd card handles them extremely well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darin
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7675
I had started a new thread on the subject but it was suggested to ask the question here. I am wanting to know how to set up an external player for all of my sage recordings. The player in this case would be the myhd app/card. When I select a recording in sage I would like it to launch the myhd software to play the file. I understand that sagemc supports external players, but am having a hard time finding out how to configure sagemc to launch the myhd.exe app. Mhy current pc and video card won't play my recorded hd files, but the myhd card handles them extremely well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darin
I haven't used this myself yet, but in the SageMCE directory there is command file "media_player.cmd" in which you can specify the command line to launch your external player

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Is there a way to remove padding on back to back manual recordings. I just realized that because I have 5 minutes of default padding, I am unable to do back to back manual records. I have the remove padding on back to back enabled, however this seems to only work for favorites. It would be nice if it would recognize this and save me from having to change the padding manually ever time a conflict arises.

Thanks!
This would have to be handled by the Sage core, so I suggest to put in an official feature request...

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I guess I should have specified, I have 3 tuners. Sage just leaves on what I'm watching and records from a different tuner. Maybe that would explain why it's possible it can't be done. Maybe.
Hi Dana,

there is a "LiveTV Reminder" STVi available which reminds you of upcoming shows (not sure if it also offers to change the channnel though). It looks like it is written only for the default STV, but Bob has ported some of his other plugins to SageMC in the past, so it's worth asking him about it...

Dirk
Old 12-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk,

Thanks for the pointer. I have it working to launch MyHD and it plays the file perfectly. I went and set the MyHD App to load in full sceen (HD Mode) and it works perfectly. If you have sage in full screen mode, you simply select the recorded video you want to watch, it opens up the video in the MyHD software in full screen and it begins to play. MyHD has ff/rew controls ect. When finished, you simply exit and the myhd app closes and you are back in sage. Works very well.

Thank you for your help.

Darin
Old 12-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE=pvr599]
Quote:

JDizzy,

Dirk,
Hey pvr599,

Not that there's anything wrong with it but why do you care when a show has come on? Isn't the whole point of owning a pvr being able to watch shows when you want to? I've seen this feature in other products and have wondered why it's there?

Mick.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Do you have "force_full_content_reindex" in your Sage.properties enabled by any chance ? If I set this a rescan will wipe out the IMDB info for all my videos. I think normally it should reset itself to false after the library import, but it's worth checking ...

Dirk
Checked, set to FALSE...

I will try to rename directory, or move files to another drive to see if I can get it working.
Thanks,
JD
Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

I was wondering in the My Music section if there was a way to alter the visualizations that are played? The reason i am asking is because i use the MVP on my plasma and the visualizations (showing album art/song info) are a little slow on the screen. A little worried about retention. It would be nice to just show the default sage screensaver--sage logo (which bounces nicely around the screen). As it is now, i turn off the tv if i'm going to listen to music.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I was wondering in the My Music section if there was a way to alter the visualizations that are played?
You can alter the visualization style (std, alternate, Winamp) for Visualizations that you start manually

Quote:
The reason i am asking is because i use the MVP on my plasma and the visualizations (showing album art/song info) are a little slow on the screen. A little worried about retention. It would be nice to just show the default sage screensaver--sage logo (which bounces nicely around the screen). As it is now, i turn off the tv if i'm going to listen to music.
Yeah, that's a different thing, currently it's hardcoded to show the alternate Visualization. I'll throw in an option for this in the next version

Dirk
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problems with automatic compressions

I just upgraded to the .15 beta and now my automatic compressions are just being held as waiting but none of them will kick off. Is anyone else having a problem?
Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Some of us get the "waiting" problem occasionally. I don't know where the bug is at, but a workaround is to shut down Sage completely and delete the transcoder job lines in the sage.properties file. Then restart Sage and your compressions should work the next time.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Dana,

there is a "LiveTV Reminder" STVi available which reminds you of upcoming shows (not sure if it also offers to change the channnel though). It looks like it is written only for the default STV, but Bob has ported some of his other plugins to SageMC in the past, so it's worth asking him about it...

Dirk
That sure might be worth looking into.
Thanks Dirk

Quote:
Quote:
JDizzy,

Dirk,
Hey pvr599,

Not that there's anything wrong with it but why do you care when a show has come on? Isn't the whole point of owning a pvr being able to watch shows when you want to? I've seen this feature in other products and have wondered why it's there?

Mick.
I know you think I'm coo-coo, but there are a couple of reasons, but the main one is you're in bed and a movie is coming on in about 20min but you want to watch something else to kill time. Then in 20min it changes to the movie and you don't have to fumble around for the remote. That's all. It was just a feature I used alot on the standard boring DVR.
Thanks,
Dana
Old 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Simple solution: dont go to bed!
Closed Thread