SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am also curious about how this functions. I found that if you are in the "Now Playing" it will skip to the next song.

I don't have a problem with the FF or RW buttons being switched.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus
I am also curious about how this functions. I found that if you are in the "Now Playing" it will skip to the next song.

I don't have a problem with the FF or RW buttons being switched.
I am using a Hauppauge MVP, are you using a PC client? I haven't tested the PC client yet, possably tonight. I need to set one up first.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt
When using playlists in the music mode, the previous and next buttons do not work. Only the FF and RW. Also the wrong buttons are used. instead of << or >> performing RW and FF the |<< and >>| perform RW and FF the << and >> do nothing. Usally the |<< and >>| skip sons like chapters in a movie.
You are talking about the 'Now Playing' screen, right ? This sounds like a setup /mapping issue with you remote to me ...

The control buttons on the screen are mapped as follows:

|<< Skip to previous track
|>> Skip to next track
<< Rewind (number of seconds specified for 'Rewind' in DetailedSetup/Customize/FF and Rewind times
>> Fast Forward (number of seconds specified for 'Fast Forward' in DetailedSetup/Customize/FF and Rewind times

For your remote, the buttons should be mapped to the following Sage commands:

Skip to previous track button: Skip Bkwd #2
Skip to next track button : Skip Fwd #2
Rewind button: Skip Bkwd / Page left
Fast Forward button: Skip Fwd / Page right

Do you have mapped your buttons differently ?

Dirk
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
You are talking about the 'Now Playing' screen, right ?...

...Do you have mapped your buttons differently ?
Any screen really, But yes the screen with the album art displayed.

I am using an MVP with it's stock remote settings, nothing is mapped. I will update sage to the latest ver. and retry.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
Anyone notice that the IMDB has quit working again?
(or not bringing in all the info)

I noticed Nielm has new files out to correct the problem but was not sure if I could just copy his updated jars etc into my folders??!

-JD

Just copy them.
I also have empty IMDB summaries. Where can I find Nielms files that fix this?

jan
Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Never mind; I found it.

Thanks, jan
Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Any screen really, But yes the screen with the album art displayed.

I am using an MVP with it's stock remote settings, nothing is mapped. I will update sage to the latest ver. and retry.

Thanks,
Skybolt
No change with the update.
The buttons at the bottom of the page work fine, it's the remotes buttons which do not work as described above. anyone?

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No change with the update.
The buttons at the bottom of the page work fine, it's the remotes buttons which do not work as described above. anyone?

Thanks,
Skybolt
Go to "Detailed Setup / Commands / Show Sage Commands linked", press the buttons on your remote, and tell me the Sage commands they are linked to.

Dirk
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have Sage setup to use the transparent menus. When I use SageMC it works fine until I minimize the app. Once I bring it back up the menus are no longer transparent. After I start a video or go to a guide they are transparent again. Anyway to keep them transparent all the time? Chad

Edit: I do have it setup to "always" show videos on menus.

Last edited by chadman; 02-23-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Go to "Detailed Setup / Commands / Show Sage Commands linked", press the buttons on your remote, and tell me the Sage commands they are linked to.

Dirk
Dirk, the following keys are mapped as follows:

|< = 14244 - skip bkwd/pg lft
>| = 14238 - skip fwd/pg rt
>> = 14260 - smoth ff
<< = 14258 - smoth rew

Thanks for your help.
-Skybolt
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Various problems and misunderstandings

First I would like to congradulate all who have been contributing to this plugin'. especially Flashbar. It's fantastic in many ways, not only does it work well but I gives alot of us plenty to work with.

A few things I haven't been able to get my head around.

How do I map the options function (right click on the mouse) to my remote? MVP w/Harmony 688. I've read where this can be done, is there a code for this. Its not on the hauppauge remote so it can't "learn it".

The date/time at the top of the menu is great but the date shows as; Feb...
I tried the margin controls in sagemc menu options but thats not it. I also have sage running on the server and it doesn't have this problem.

When I went to set the "Ignore channels" in the comskip options on the mvp there was no erase/back or comma so I just entered bogus numbers and exited. This works great on the server with a keyboard and mouse. Can I address this in the properties file. I didn't see a parameter that looked appropriate.

As you can see my problems are mostly misunderstandings and pretty minor at that. If someone could point me in the right direction it would me most appreciated.

Thanks, Warren
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenlj
How do I map the options function (right click on the mouse) to my remote? MVP w/Harmony 688. I've read where this can be done, is there a code for this. Its not on the hauppauge remote so it can't "learn it".
Under Setup/Detailed Settings/Commands/ in SageTV, you can bind remote buttons to specific SageTV commands. One of these is 'Options'. Map a button to that and you should be good to go.

Quote:
The date/time at the top of the menu is great but the date shows as; Feb...
I tried the margin controls in sagemc menu options but thats not it. I also have sage running on the server and it doesn't have this problem.
You may need to reduce the font size for the clock display. I think this should be available under the Setup/SageMC/ menu. There should be a selection for 'fonts and colors' or something like that.

Quote:
When I went to set the "Ignore channels" in the comskip options on the mvp there was no erase/back or comma so I just entered bogus numbers and exited. This works great on the server with a keyboard and mouse. Can I address this in the properties file. I didn't see a parameter that looked appropriate.
The 'stop' button acts as a backspace and the 'guide' button toggles between upper/lower case in the numeric/text entry dialogs. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk, I was helping JREkiwi with his new .smi closed captioning import and noticed that SageMC had .smi support for TV recordings, but not for the same video in imported videos. Am I missing something to enable .smi support in imported videos?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman
I have Sage setup to use the transparent menus. When I use SageMC it works fine until I minimize the app. Once I bring it back up the menus are no longer transparent. After I start a video or go to a guide they are transparent again. Anyway to keep them transparent all the time? Chad

Edit: I do have it setup to "always" show videos on menus.
Chad,
this sounds like a core problem that can't be fixed within the STV

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, the following keys are mapped as follows:

|< = 14244 - skip bkwd/pg lft
>| = 14238 - skip fwd/pg rt
>> = 14260 - smoth ff
<< = 14258 - smoth rew

Thanks for your help.
-Skybolt
Ah ok, I see now, the MVP remote ff/rwd buttons are mapped to smooth ff/rew by default. I've added listeners for those to the new version. If you want to use the skip track functionality, you still need to map the |< and >| buttons to skip bkwd#2 / skip fwd#2

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Dirk, I was helping JREkiwi with his new .smi closed captioning import and noticed that SageMC had .smi support for TV recordings, but not for the same video in imported videos. Am I missing something to enable .smi support in imported videos?
Never looked at the CC code before, so I'll have to check this out...

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Sage User

Various problems and misunderstandings

Thanks Mike,

I mapped the options button and it works like a charm.

I had tried to change the font size before along with compact clock on/off, no joy. There are two icons on the same line as the date, record? (red cassette) and conflicts (gold ball with exclamation point), maybe these are squeezing out the room needed for date? I just turned off conflict icons and it fixed it!

I still don't seem to have controll over the erase/back in ignore channels under commercial skip. I used your previous info and remapped the stop function to the stop button and nothing, but the new options button gets me out of that input process cleanly. I believe the ignore channel setup on the server should cover the info comskip needs so I'd like to erase the bogus entry on the MVP.

I just wanted to say that my latest upgrades to Sage v 6 and SageMC16x9 have been a fantastic experience and everythig is working extremely well. Time to image this partition w/ghost.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC v6.3.2a

Hi guys, I just uploaded SageMC 6.3.2a.

Changes / fixes in this version:
  • RSS ticker now scrolls off left if scrolling horizontally
  • added "Create Playlist" in TV Group menu
  • improved mouse navigation
  • allow multiple path filter expression for filtered Video/Music view
  • added year/star rating to titles for upcoming movies (can be disabled in SageMC settings)
  • show icons can now be individually configured for schedule/recording/other lists and EPG
  • up/down on first/last element of lists can now be configured to not leave the table and shift focus
  • added 'Disable auto-comskip" setting to favorite options
  • added "Specific recording day" to favorite options
  • changed custom video group definitions to server side settings
  • added "Sort by Time" to music album view (last modified time of files)
  • added "Sort By Year" (ascending/descending) to artist album view
  • added "Add all albums to queue/playlist" to music album view
  • sort settings for ByAlbum / By Artist now stored separately
  • added ff/rwd listeners for 'Smooth fwd/rwd' in Music section
  • improved playlist screen, added "Play from here" and detail info
  • added 'Delete All' options menu to playlist screen
  • 'Storage Device Added' dialog can now be referenced from dynamic menus
  • fixed rename of video title
  • fixed issue with AVI files and DVD burn plugin
A bit more detail for some of the above:

Icon configuration

Icons can be enabled/disabled individually in SageMC Options/Icons & Images / Icon Options:

The "Recorded" settings apply to all lists of existing recordings, the "Scheduled" settings to all lists of scheduled recordings, the "Guide" settings to the EPG menu, and the 'Other' settings to any other place where icons are displayed.

Multiple path filter expression

You can now set up multiple filters for the filtered Video/Music menus. If the 'PathFilterExcludes' is false, a video/music file will be included in the view if it exists in any of the specified paths. If 'PathFilterExcludes' is true, the file will get excluded. Here is an example of creating a music view which includes files of the directories "d:\music\Albums" and "d:\music\MP3":

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="Music">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\Albums")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\MP3")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
For each additional expreesion, add another line
Code:
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs,...
between the two "AddStaticContext" lines.

Note: even if you don't need multiple path expressions, you will need to update your existing menu.xml to the new syntax.

Mouse navigation

1) Every SageMC menu screen has now a well defined 'click spot' in the upper left corner which will execute the 'Back' command if clicked:

This should work on any screen. On the main menu, the click spot is used to toggle between windowed and fullscreen mode.

2) The Guide has been enabled for mouse navigation. You will need to disable the setting "Show current time marker in EPG" in SageMC Options/Visual in order for this to work. It will allow focusing / selecting a Guide entry with the mouse, and horizontal Guide scrolling by clicking on the left- and rightmost time interval header.

Install instructions:

As always, shut down the UI, extract all files in the package, load the new STV, and restart once more. I included Niel's latest JAR update for the IMDB search.

Note: The full install has not been updated yet, I'll post another announcement for this, probably tomorrow.

Enjoy,

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenlj

I still don't seem to have controll over the erase/back in ignore channels under commercial skip. I used your previous info and remapped the stop function to the stop button and nothing, but the new options button gets me out of that input process cleanly. I believe the ignore channel setup on the server should cover the info comskip needs so I'd like to erase the bogus entry on the MVP.
Yeah, Mike was talking about the SageMC specific text entry dialogs (which accept STOP), but the one in the comskip settings is still the default one. If you want to clear out the entry in the property file, the setting name is "background_commercial_processing_ignore"

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, Mike was talking about the SageMC specific text entry dialogs (which accept STOP), but the one in the comskip settings is still the default one. If you want to clear out the entry in the property file, the setting name is "background_commercial_processing_ignore"

Dirk
Oops. Sorry about that. As usual I should check my facts first.