SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I like this idea, but unfortunately not possible without core support. The groups in the videos are currently implemented by 'mis-using' an unused metadata field of the airing. The fav group name would also have to be stored together with the favorite, but there is no available data field that could be used. One could implement an external mapping of favorite to group name (via file, etc), but this would be way too much work...

Dirk
Thanks Dirk,

Perhaps I should suggest something on one of the main boards.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using EP's compression and the latest version seems to block out the compression profiles in the auto compression dialog.

I like the the new ability to disable commercial skip for some favorites, is there a way to use Malore's movie channel list (this is already in my properties file) or some other list to disable them as well?

Thanks,

Mariusz
Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
"# improved mouse navigation"

Can someone comment on this? I've installed SageMC 2 or 3 times in the past and always have to abandon it, since my family unaminously prefer house navigation, even in the lving room, etc. Is SageMC now fully usable with only a mouse?

Thanks.

edit: errr....that was mouse navigation.
MeInMaui has been teasing us with screenshots of a mouse toolbar that he's working on. You can see the post here (scroll down a bit).

Mick.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sleep, Exit Menu

Has the button in upper left hand corner of the main screen that brings up the menu to put sage to sleep or exit sage been removed. Its not showing since I upgraded to the lates dev build... Now that I think of it the animations are gone too.. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted now?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Has the button in upper left hand corner of the main screen that brings up the menu to put sage to sleep or exit sage been removed. Its not showing since I upgraded to the lates dev build... Now that I think of it the animations are gone too.. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted now?
Not sure why the update would have changed those settings, but check:

- 'Sleep and Shutdown' is enabled in the options menu if you are using SageMC main menu

- 'Options/Shutdown Menu enabled' in the options menu if you are using the dynamic main menu

For the animations, check if they are enabled in Settings/SageMC/Visual

Dirk
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

YouTube and Google Video

Will YouTube and Google Video be added to SageMC 16x9 soon?

Dave
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ah ok, I see now, the MVP remote ff/rwd buttons are mapped to smooth ff/rew by default. I've added listeners for those to the new version. If you want to use the skip track functionality, you still need to map the |< and >| buttons to skip bkwd#2 / skip fwd#2

Dirk
Thanks Dirk.

-Skybolt
Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Will YouTube and Google Video be added to SageMC 16x9 soon?

Dave
Google Video is available in SageMC since version 6.3
YouTube can take a while...

Dirk
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Here are just a couple small issues I have run into with the newest SageMC.

1. Pressing stop in the internal DVD player causes the DVD to restart from the beginning. I have to use the popup menu to exit the DVD. Then press stop to stop playback. Once I do that it switchs to LiveTV even though I wasnt watching live TV before hand. Pressing stop now switched back to playing the DVD, and the entire process starts again. (setting 'back on stop' to 'disabled' fixes this issue, but then I don't get the functionality I want in the other parts of Sage)

2. On a DVD menu pressing left/right causes the volume OSD to appear and adjust the volume even though global OSD is turned off in the SageMC options.

Last edited by kricker; 02-26-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

dirk-everything has been running smooth for me with the latest update. Thanks

A request (and maybe i just don't know how to do this and its already in there): In the My Music screen, when you are viewing by Album, sorting by artist--you get big folders with album art which you can specify using the options command how many rows/columns you want displayed. I like this setup however I do not like that you have to scroll through all the albums one artist has--it could take a while. I believe the default stv works the same.

Now-if you only view by artist, you get one column of artists with small folders/coverarts. You can select each artist and up pops the larger folders to select the albums.

My request--is there any way to make it so when you view by artist--instead of just getting one column of small folders/coverarts-make it so that you get the larger ones that you can specify how many columns/rows you want showing? Then you can select the artist and the albums come up in the same fashion. Kind of a combination of the two methods.

wow-that probably wasn't very clear so let me know if you need any more info/if its possible/ or already exists.

Thanks
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Sage User

Videos 1969

I'm using 6.0.19 and just loaded 6.3.2a. I think it's great, but I have one problem. All of my dvds that I have stored in the video library now show that they were released in 1969. I imported my data from DVDProfiler. The info in collection.xml is correct.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
the same thing happened to me. I just took a second Sage restart to get the button back. The funny thing was that the button was there, I could access the shut-down menu, just couldn't see the button.

I think it was related to the fact that even though I had updated to 6.3.2a, I was still using a 6.3.2 xml file. I don't remember exactly when the problem appeared. Was it right after I started up Sage with it using a 6.3.2 xml with the 6.3.2a JARs, or when I changed the UI to the new 6.3.2 xml? But, anyways, in the end, it took settin up Sage to use the new 6.3.2a xml file and restarting Sage (don't remember if it was just the UI or the service too, probably just the UI). Then it running fine with the button and animation.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk, I ran into an issue yesterday while watching a recorded show.

At the end of a recording the dialog box appears and gives options to delete, archive, watch again, etc....Is there a way to go back and watch the last part of the recording without having to start again?

I was able to reverse, but couldn't find a way to make the dialog box go away. Its rather trivial, but its happened to me a few times.

Other than that, the update is working great!!

Thanks so much,

Bryan
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 6.3.2b

Uploaded 6.3.2b, a minor update which fixes the latest reported issues:
  • fixed: DVD playback repeating after STOP
  • fixed: left/right toggles volume in DVD menus
  • fixed: wrong year in DVDProfiler import
  • added: option to disable feed title in the RSS headlines
  • added: STOP dialog can now be closed without having to choose action
The option to disable the RSS feed title is only visible if 'New Items Only' is disabled (temporary solution, I have to figure out how to fit additional options on that screen)

Dirk
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119

I was able to reverse, but couldn't find a way to make the dialog box go away. Its rather trivial, but its happened to me a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykirven
I'm using 6.0.19 and just loaded 6.3.2a. I think it's great, but I have one problem. All of my dvds that I have stored in the video library now show that they were released in 1969. I imported my data from DVDProfiler. The info in collection.xml is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
1. Pressing stop in the internal DVD player causes the DVD to restart from the beginning. I have to use the popup menu to exit the DVD. Then press stop to stop playback. Once I do that it switchs to LiveTV even though I wasnt watching live TV before hand. Pressing stop now switched back to playing the DVD, and the entire process starts again. (setting 'back on stop' to 'disabled' fixes this issue, but then I don't get the functionality I want in the other parts of Sage)

2. On a DVD menu pressing left/right causes the volume OSD to appear and adjust the volume even though global OSD is turned off in the SageMC options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Also is it possible to remove the title of the RSS Feed? It becomes redundant when using the webserver scheduled recording RSS feed. (Sage Recording, CNN ect)
All this has been addressed in 6.3.2b

Dirk
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus
I have a couple shows that are showing the wrong image.

For example, NOVA has the image for the movie "Casanova"

How can I change these?
Repeat the IMDB lookup, press ESC (or Options command) on the Search Result Page, perform a manual search for the correct show, and save it again. The new picture won't show up until you restart the UI though...

Dirk
Old 02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman
I am using EP's compression and the latest version seems to block out the compression profiles in the auto compression dialog.
I have to check this out, maybe the recent changes broke EP's import code

Quote:
I like the the new ability to disable commercial skip for some favorites, is there a way to use Malore's movie channel list (this is already in my properties file) or some other list to disable them as well?
Not sure what you mean by that... Use the movie channel list to define which favorites should get disabled ? Nope sorry, this has to be configured via the favorites settings

Dirk
Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
wow-that probably wasn't very clear so let me know if you need any more info/if its possible/ or already exists.
No worries, I understood right away what you mean ...

Certainly possible, but this is not a simple change and would take time. I think about it.

Dirk
Old 02-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Uploaded 6.3.2b, a minor update which fixes the latest reported issues:
  • fixed: DVD playback repeating after STOP
  • fixed: left/right toggles volume in DVD menus
  • fixed: wrong year in DVDProfiler import
  • added: option to disable feed title in the RSS headlines
  • added: STOP dialog can now be closed without having to choose action
The option to disable the RSS feed title is only visible if 'New Items Only' is disabled (temporary solution, I have to figure out how to fit additional options on that screen)

Dirk
WOW!! that might be the fastest turnaround time on a bug report ever! Thanks Dirk!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Uploaded 6.3.2b,
<snip>
Dirk
I DL'ed the latest build and will install it when I get an opening in the recording schedule, but wanted to let you know that the file is listed as 6.3.2a in the filename as well as the download page. Once DL'ed the file does look like it is 6.3.2b due to the timestamps of the files, and by looking at the xml code, I do see 6.3.2b as the version.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Closed Thread