SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Timebar while in FF/RW??

Is it already possible to make it so that the TimeBar is displayed while using FF or Rew? I like to be able to see where I am in context to the start and end of a show while I'm time shifting.. also if there is comskip data, it is nice to be able to see where those breaks are or will be..

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid
Not too sure if I did this correctly..in reference to adding YouTube to SageMC..."To get access to YouTube, add the following to your menu xml file..."

Do I add this to an existing menu.xml and then access My Menu to use??

I tried creating a new menu.xml with just the YouTube reference..didn't work

Thanx!
Yes, you add it to the existing menu. You can use the paste from clipboard option from the dynamic menus options menu. It works like a charm. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid
Not too sure if I did this correctly..in reference to adding YouTube to SageMC..."To get access to YouTube, add the following to your menu xml file..."

Do I add this to an existing menu.xml and then access My Menu to use??

I tried creating a new menu.xml with just the YouTube reference..didn't work

Thanx!
Here is how my file looks.. and it works great! Probably only the lines pertaining to the YouTube would help...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
<menu title="Main">
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="My TV">
<evalExpression> </evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="My Music">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my pictures.png" screen="Picture Library" title="My Pictures">
<!-- -->
<subMenuItem icon="hover_my explorer.png" pinCode="1111" title="My Menu">
<menu title="My Menu">
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video Menu" title="Google Video">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Parental Controls" title="Parental Controls">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Setup Menu" title="Settings">
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video Menu" title="YouTube">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("OnlineVideoType", "xYouTube")</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
</menu>
</subMenuItem>
<!-- -->
</menu>
</sageMenu>
Old 03-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,

I installed version C of the new release and tried the sitcom_animated guide bars. Didn't seem to work. Did they work for you? My other bars show up, but the one I defined as sitcom_animated is still the default bar color, even after a UI/Service reset.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

remote troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I would place the blame on some other issue. I can't see a user interface breaking remote software.

What remote are you using anyway. Any external software such as girder or HIP?
Yeah, I couldn't see that either, but that's the last thing I did before this happened. I'm not using any external software. The problem is if it's not the SageMC upgrade, I don't know even where to start to figure out where the problem is.

Thanks for your reply, any suggestions would be great.
Software - Win7 64 bit, SageTV 7.1.9, Java v6, HD100 firmware v20100212-0, HD200 firmware 20100909 0
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
Thanks for your reply, any suggestions would be great.
I'm sorry. My remote knowledge is limited to using the MCE remote with HIP (an external control program). Hopefully one of the other sage dudes can help.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk,

I installed version C of the new release and tried the sitcom_animated guide bars. Didn't seem to work. Did they work for you? My other bars show up, but the one I defined as sitcom_animated is still the default bar color, even after a UI/Service reset.
Yes, I tested it here, and they show up fine for me (e.g. for The Simpsons this evening). Did you rename your bar graphics to tvguide_button_light_sitcom_animated_middle.png and tvguide_button_sitcom_animated_middle.png ?

Dirk
Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Is it already possible to make it so that the TimeBar is displayed while using FF or Rew? I like to be able to see where I am in context to the start and end of a show while I'm time shifting.. also if there is comskip data, it is nice to be able to see where those breaks are or will be..

Thanks!
The timebar already shows up when you fast forward or rewind, and it will auto-hide after the configured timeout. This works fine if you use the 'skip commands', since each time you skip the timeout gets reset. But I can see that this will be a problem if you use 'Smooth fwd/rewind' and want to have it displayed for longer than the timeout time. I'll see what I can do about it.

Dirk
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
for me, its not the clock. Just the original recording date in the detailed info screen.
Hi JUC,

are you talking about the original air date here ?

I couldn't imagine why this would get cut off...

Dirk
Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Just got wife to cave and give SageMC another go. She likes it this time. But the "W" watched Icons on the imported videos that she got used to are gone. I looked in the SageMC settings and did not see anything there, when in folder view is it possible to get an Icon to show if the show has been watched?
Will be in the next version

Quote:
One of the main reasons I wanted to switch to SageMC is that it's metadata support is awesome. I currently have .my files for all my video imports, which is ALOT of videos. and I was wondering if there is a way to import them into SageMC directly? I know sage reads the .my file when I pick the video but I want to be able to search for the information from the Search screen instead of opening every episode of some show to find what I am looking for.
I'll take a look...

Dirk
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi JUC,

are you talking about the original air date here ?

I couldn't imagine why this would get cut off...

Dirk

Yes--thats it. It comes up for example 03/07/... when there is clearly plenty of space left over to display the whole text.

I will upgrade to c later today and maybe try a reinstall and see what is up. As i mentioned earlier--my clock is also getting cut off when one of the conflict/rec icons are displayed. Never happened before i upgraded to b.
Thanks,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yes, I tested it here, and they show up fine for me (e.g. for The Simpsons this evening). Did you rename your bar graphics to tvguide_button_light_sitcom_animated_middle.png and tvguide_button_sitcom_animated_middle.png ?
Dirk
Hmm yes I did. Probably something I did wrong..

Out of curiosity, which images folder do the bars go in.. Does "Images" contain the current theme, or do they have to be placed within the theme folder itself? Any theme reloading need to take place. etc.

Currently I have been doing both but apparently I am doing something wrong.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One of the main reasons I wanted to switch to SageMC is that it's metadata support is awesome. I currently have .my files for all my video imports, which is ALOT of videos. and I was wondering if there is a way to import them into SageMC directly? I know sage reads the .my file when I pick the video but I want to be able to search for the information from the Search screen instead of opening every episode of some show to find what I am looking for.

I'll take a look...
Thanx Dirk...
Searching tv Series through the IMDB was a pain. So I used the tv.com parser to create the .my files.

I do not know how complex it is to import directly to Sage but the IMDB in SageMC seems to do it well.
Would it be easier to create a button on the video detail screen to manually import info into the Wiz.bin?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,

Turns out I had 6.3.2 running on the box and did not have 6.3.2c running. Guide bars work fine.

Another concern is the new MC option for "Icon Options"

I have the ability to enable and disable the view of certain Icons, but no visual representation that they are on or off in this menu. Its kind of hit-or-miss at the moment! Click below and icon and check the menu.. repeat.

Since this is new for version C I assume its not complete yet.. good addition though when it is! I love icons.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk,

Turns out I had 6.3.2 running on the box and did not have 6.3.2c running. Guide bars work fine.

Another concern is the new MC option for "Icon Options"

I have the ability to enable and disable the view of certain Icons, but no visual representation that they are on or off in this menu. Its kind of hit-or-miss at the moment! Click below and icon and check the menu.. repeat.

Since this is new for version C I assume its not complete yet.. good addition though when it is! I love icons.
Dirk included some new check box graphics with v6.3.2x. They should have been installed into your Images folder. Check the download to make sure you have them.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Might have lost them when switching themes. Thanks

Man, I seem to have a hard time doing the easy things you guys do!!! I need to hand my degrees in CS back to my school

Edit: Yep, they were in the download. Must have been the theme switch that caused them to vanish. Looks great. This is a great feature.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 03-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Sage Expert

Very strange on the clock being cut off, If I look at a show that the description takes up the displayable area and have to scroll down to see the orginal air date, the date is fine, but any show with a short description that displays the orginal air date without scrolling has the year cut off.....
Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Sage Expert

Forgot to mention, this is using a placeshifter client...
Old 03-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bug in Dynamic Date Parsing for Weather Maps

Just looked through the logs and worked this out - the %D parameter is being replaced with the month number, and the %M parameter is being replaced with the day number. So if you put in a URL of:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_%Y%M%D12.jpg
for today, it ought to come out as
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_07030812.jpg
- 8th day of 3rd month.
However, instead it comes out as
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_07080312.jpg

Is there any way yet to have D+1 or D+2 behaviour, to bring up the weather map for future days?

Thanks,
Rob

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC Questions

Hey guys,
I've been using SageTV with SageMC since version 5 of both (about 6 months). I know there are TONS of features I'm not using. I want to go back through the posts and start from the beginning to learn about all the things I'm missing without asking 1000 questions. Question is where do I start? What post would be a good place to start.

For example, I have no idea what metadata is or .myfiles or DVD Profiler is.

One off subject question? Should I upgrade to SageTV v6.1.4 RC?

If anyone can guide me in right direction I would appreciate it. THANK YOU!!!
Software - Win7 64 bit, SageTV 7.1.9, Java v6, HD100 firmware v20100212-0, HD200 firmware 20100909 0
Closed Thread