SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Its probably the cover art. The bigger the file the longer it takes to load. I ran into this same issue with my collection. Nielm suggested a fix in studio to cancel the loading of the cover art in you are listing artists and this makes the process go alot quicker. Check http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=13

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
Thanks for the response dirk, I will load the default UI and test the music at some point today.

I have 181 full albums on the server, song count @2500.

Hmm, I have about 90 albums (~1000 songs) in my library, so this is not a huge difference... Weird, I don't have any problems at all, when I scroll through the album screens it takes at most 1 second to display the menu page, and this only on first access, when it's cached later on it's instantly. All my albums have cover art, usually 300x300 images...

Dirk
Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk,

I've installed the latest (6.3.2c) version and I am having a few problems:

1. The diskbar does not "toggle" even though I've selected the toggle option in the settings (it is updating, though -- after deleting a few shows the GB free indicator increased).

2. I can't add RSS feeds. Any of them. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Here is what I do. I click the RSS bar at the bottom of the screen and that takes me to a screen titled "RSS Feeds". I press escape, and choose to add a feed from the clipboard (after havign copied a valid feed TO the clipboard). It asks me for confirmation, and then nothing happens. The entry doesn't appear on the RSS Feeds screen (even after a restart of SageTV). I'm using this plugin (which I hope is the right one):

rssnews_import_4_0.zip (nielm)

3. The RSS bar at the bottom of the screen seems to stop short of the screen edge by a few pixels on the right (but not on the left).

Other than that, things seem to be working well.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC and autoskip - Strange Behavior after skip

Sometimes after SageMC autoskips commercials I see some strange behavior. The recording may playback after the skip at high speed until I stop/resume. Or the video may freeze while the audio continues until I stop/resume.

In both cases I can recover by hitting stop/resume/left (I hit left to go back to the marker after the commercial) Then playback will continue normally. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's really annoying.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
Hi Dirk,

I've installed the latest (6.3.2c) version and I am having a few problems:

2. I can't add RSS feeds. Any of them. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Here is what I do. I click the RSS bar at the bottom of the screen and that takes me to a screen titled "RSS Feeds". I press escape, and choose to add a feed from the clipboard (after havign copied a valid feed TO the clipboard). It asks me for confirmation, and then nothing happens. The entry doesn't appear on the RSS Feeds screen (even after a restart of SageTV). I'm using this plugin (which I hope is the right one):

rssnews_import_4_0.zip (nielm)

I think you DON'T have to install the rssnews_import_4_0.zip . Its already built into SageMC 6.3.2c

Technazz
Old 03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I think you DON'T have to install the rssnews_import_4_0.zip . Its already built into SageMC 6.3.2c

Technazz
Strange, when I didn't have that download I just got an error saying that the JAVA classes couldn't be loaded when the screen tried to open.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure if this is the right place or a new thread, but anyway. I am having trouble with changing themes on an extender.

I can select it, says to restart, I do and it comes back up with the same theme it previously was. Selecting any theme does the same thing. I have rebooted the server, killed the service, reinstalled sagemc, which makes it the default theme again but then it will not allow me to change to any other themes.

It works fine for changing themes on my pc, but not on my extender.

Any tips?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakker View Post
Not sure if this is the right place or a new thread, but anyway. I am having trouble with changing themes on an extender.

I can select it, says to restart, I do and it comes back up with the same theme it previously was. Selecting any theme does the same thing. I have rebooted the server, killed the service, reinstalled sagemc, which makes it the default theme again but then it will not allow me to change to any other themes.

Any tips?
You could try setting this line in your properties file

ui/themes/current=Name_of_theme

Otherwise it will pull the value from sage.properties
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, after reinstalling again then eating lunch, it works again. Not sure which one of those did it though...

On to bigger and better!

This thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...port+directory
explain really what I am having issues with in terms of layout. This is the ONLY thing that I have found that the standard Sage has that I like better than SageMC.

Basically it is a view issue, when I go to imported videos, which for me contains downloaded tv shows and my dvds that I have ripped to the hard drive, in Stv it gives me my directory structure, so top level is tv shows or movies, select tv shows and you get a directory for all the different directories, select movies and you get kid movies, or mom & dad's movies, etc.

How can I get it to show like this in SageMC.

As a side note, is there a way in SMC to edit your import directories? Unless I haven't been able to find it, I have to reload the standard ui to edit them every time. It won't be an issue when I am 100% stable, but I am making a lot of changes and it's kind of a pain.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Not the same, but better imho, in SageMC you can create a button which can filter based on rules. Even more effective is that you pin code out the ones that you don't want the kids to see. I had to carefully choose my wording though.. I have a Kid's Movies option and All Movies (didn't want to put Adult's Movies..)

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kids' Movies">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\sagetv-server\\SageTV\\DATA1\\Videos")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>

Is the one I am using for the Kid's collection. Look for one of Dirk's announcement posts for better clarification.

B
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Hi,

It looks like DVD Profiler 3 is out now, with a new company behind it;
http://www.invelos.com/

From the release notes, it sounds like it does some pretty cool stuff and has a much prettier interface.

Has anyone tried SageMC with this new version?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged1 View Post
Hi,

It looks like DVD Profiler 3 is out now, with a new company behind it;
http://www.invelos.com/

From the release notes, it sounds like it does some pretty cool stuff and has a much prettier interface.

Thanks!
Sweet, free upgrade for premium from 2 to 3.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged1 View Post

If you intend to only use the free version, I would stay away from it. It seems the new version will disable the XML export after you have more than 50 DVDs in the database.

Dirk
Old 03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Basically it is a view issue, when I go to imported videos, which for me contains downloaded tv shows and my dvds that I have ripped to the hard drive, in Stv it gives me my directory structure, so top level is tv shows or movies, select tv shows and you get a directory for all the different directories, select movies and you get kid movies, or mom & dad's movies, etc.

How can I get it to show like this in SageMC.
SageMC will show all subfolders of the import directory in the structure you want, but not the import directory itself:

if you have an import directory "tv" with the following structure:

tv/series1/show1.mpg
tv/series1/show2.mpg
tv/series1/...
tv/series2/show1.mpg
tv/series2/...

you will see series1 and series2 folders in the Video library, but not 'tv'. As a workaround, you could create a new folder, e.g. 'myimport', and move the 'tv' folder into it and specify 'myimport' as the import folder in Sage...

Quote:
As a side note, is there a way in SMC to edit your import directories? Unless I haven't been able to find it, I have to reload the standard ui to edit them every time. It won't be an issue when I am 100% stable, but I am making a lot of changes and it's kind of a pain.
You can do this by bringing up the options menu in the Video, Music, or Photo library (make sure a button on the left menu pane has the focus)

Dirk
Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Any tips?
If you use a (pseudo) client on the server machine:

Please note that the Sage server and any extender/placeshifter share the SageTV directory and its files. Since SageMC uses the graphic files in SageMCE/Images for the current theme, it is not possible to use a specific theme on the server-client and a different one on a MVP/Placeshifter.

Changing themes in SageMC involves renaming of the theme directories. If at that time the directory has been in use by any process (e.g. the client), the theme change would have failed.

Dirk
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
Strange, when I didn't have that download I just got an error saying that the JAVA classes couldn't be loaded when the screen tried to open.
Hi deria,

technazz is right, the RSS reader is included in the SageMC STV, so importing the plugin is not needed and will screw things up. If the problem still persists, can you enable debug logging and post the log file ?

Dirk
Old 03-23-2007, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
Sometimes after SageMC autoskips commercials I see some strange behavior. The recording may playback after the skip at high speed until I stop/resume. Or the video may freeze while the audio continues until I stop/resume.

In both cases I can recover by hitting stop/resume/left (I hit left to go back to the marker after the commercial) Then playback will continue normally. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's really annoying.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?
Sorry, haven't seen this one yet...

Dirk
Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi deria,

technazz is right, the RSS reader is included in the SageMC STV, so importing the plugin is not needed and will screw things up. If the problem still persists, can you enable debug logging and post the log file ?

Dirk
Perhaps I made an error. I had 6.3 installed, so I thought all I needed was the latest development package. Maybe that was a wrong assumption. I see you have a "full" package avaialble for download, which is also 6.3.2c so I'll download and install that and see where that leaves me.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

(Regarding slow music menu response)
I am converting all of my folder.png's from 600x600 to 200x200 and will see how that effects its responsiveness. Thank god for apple script!!!

A separate question: Is it possible to add an option to globally change to 24h format? I love that MC lets me change the main menu clock, but no matter what I do to sage I can't get the EPG and other clocks to adjust! The only thing since I started using sage that would let me do this is to convert windows to a European zone, but as a US resident, that seems foolish.

Thanks I'll post my results on the image sizes later in the week .

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
SageMC will show all subfolders of the import directory in the structure you want, but not the import directory itself:

if you have an import directory "tv" with the following structure:

tv/series1/show1.mpg
tv/series1/show2.mpg
tv/series1/...
tv/series2/show1.mpg
tv/series2/...

you will see series1 and series2 folders in the Video library, but not 'tv'. As a workaround, you could create a new folder, e.g. 'myimport', and move the 'tv' folder into it and specify 'myimport' as the import folder in Sage...

You can do this by bringing up the options menu in the Video, Music, or Photo library (make sure a button on the left menu pane has the focus)

Dirk

Outstanding, thanks for that, both are exactly what I needed

Now, all of a sudden today, my imported folder menu also has recorded tv shows on the list, whereas previously they were only listed in the tv menu. the save directories are different, and the import directories are setup correctly. Any ideas?
Closed Thread