SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
My channel Icons are small as well with 6.33 on my client and placeshifter/mvp as well.

I did edited the guide info area I *think* this happed.

I also noticed that the RSS feed never changes from untitled with a placeshifter, my MVP and Client are fine.

Technazz
Hey-I'm not alone. Well--thats good at least.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
One more update on the small channel logos: Same thing with a clean install of sagetv. Can anyone PM me their xml file to see if for some reason that is causing the problem. I have deleted it numerous times and installed the newest version but maybe its not taking or something. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
Can you post your properties file ?
I'll try to look at it tonight.

Dirk
Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm new to SageTV and SageMC, but I'm liking it so far. I've noticed alot of people use DVD Profiler, and after importing my videos to it, and exporting the xml, STV/SMC doesn't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

-Todd
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Can you post your properties file ?
I'll try to look at it tonight.

Dirk

Here you go--both server & MVP properties...not sure which one you wanted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip properties.zip (30.8 KB, 209 views)
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Last edited by JUC; 05-30-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
So the exact same playlist shows fine in the default STV, but does not in SageMC ? Just asking because later you said the default STV is not even showing the one you raised the problem with...
The playlist is one I created quite a long time ago. Was probably version 4 of SageTV at that point.

Quote:
As far as I can tell from the code, SageMC does not contain any special handling for .m3u playlists, it just calls the standard core playlist APIs. AFAIK external playlists get read by the core on import and are converted into Sage-internal playlist objects, but I have no idea why the default STV doesn't list them
Strange! The default stv doesnt list .m3u's that contain several lines per song.
e.g.
Code:
#EXTINF:0,12 Moloko - Sing It Back.mp3
12 Moloko - Sing It Back.mp3

#EXTINF:0,13 Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining.mp3
13 Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining.mp3
rather than just
Code:
12 Moloko - Sing It Back.mp3
13 Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining.mp3
Quote:
Does "most" mean that some songs are not showing up correctly ?
Sorry should have reworded that after I noticed that the one showing up strangely was an album not a song. All songs in new playlists show the title and artist.

Quote:
As a summary of my questions above: do you only see problems with imported playlists, or also with those generated within SageMC ?
Looks like it's an old playlist that I was having problems with. Could have been created with the default STV or SageMC or even Cayers STV.

I think we can conclude that its a fault in how the playlist was stored in the wiz.bin. Createing a new playlist show perfectly no matter which stv it is created in. Sorry about that! I didnt suspect the playlist could be at fault.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
I think we can conclude that its a fault in how the playlist was stored in the wiz.bin. Createing a new playlist show perfectly no matter which stv it is created in. Sorry about that! I didnt suspect the playlist could be at fault.

No problem, glad we got it figured out...

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
I'm new to SageTV and SageMC, but I'm liking it so far. I've noticed alot of people use DVD Profiler, and after importing my videos to it, and exporting the xml, STV/SMC doesn't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

-Todd
Do you use DVDProfiler 3.0 ? The support class included in SageMC only works with 2.x, and I haven't tested stangers new version yet...

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial skip weirdness

I've recently had some strange behavior related to the commercial skipping features.

When I get to a commercial, Sage does skip some amount of time--and the timeline indicator shows that I'm in the correct spot, but I am in fact someplace in the middle of the commercials. If I FF, I eventually end up way past the end of the commercials, so I then have to RW. Low and behold, I end up having to go all the way back to where the timeline indicateed that the commercials ended.

I guess it's tough to describe, but it's like the indicator is off of where I actually am.

I'm running the most recent versions os SageMC and (non-beta) Sage. This only started to happen in the past week or so, and only on shows recorded from my HDHR--shows recorded from my SD tuner still function correctly.

This weekend I'll really troubleshoot and see if I can nail down the issue, but I was wondering if anyone is experiencing anything similar?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post
This weekend I'll really troubleshoot and see if I can nail down the issue, but I was wondering if anyone is experiencing anything similar?

Thanks,
Tim
First thing I would try is:

if you can consistently reproduce this behavior on a specific video file, then load up the default STV, install the corresponding comskip plugin, and see if the issue remains. Just to determine if it is a SageMC or a general comskip problem.

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One more update on the small channel logos: Same thing with a clean install of sagetv.
Quote:
hmm. thats what i was thinking was going to happen. Anyway, attached is my screenshot (sorry, couldn't inline the pic). Using the latest .xml file attached to your sig. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this?
thanks,
Juc
Crap, I didn't notice that before ! I only posted the updates here in thread, because I first wanted to see if they work before replacing the file in the download area. If you used the link in my sig, you still downlaoded the initial version This was stupid on my side, I should have updated the link right away.

Please re-download (this time you can use my sig link) and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

-Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Another strange outcome of my "reversion" back to 6.0.19 (using SageMC 6.3.3) -- I had to re-define all of my video import directories. After doing that, all of my dvd folders were reloaded, but didn't have their meta-data attached, so I did a refresh of all DVD Profiler meta-data.

Now all of my dvds have a string of numbers in parentheses next to the name, that I *think* is where the date of the film used to be. But now the numbers look kind of crazy - like one of them is (1041408000000) and another is (788947200000). The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure this used to be the date. Somebody can probably confirm this for me pretty easily. Anyway...

1. Any idea how this happened?
2. Any idea how to fix it?

Popechild, I just tested stangers newest DVDPro2Sage class, and it works fine with DVDProfiler 2.x for me. Please try this one and let me know if the issue goes away.

Todd, I don't have DVDProfiler 3.0, but you could try this as well...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (16.0 KB, 196 views)
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

That did it!
Thanks,
Juc

Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Popechild, I just tested stangers newest DVDPro2Sage class, and it works fine with DVDProfiler 2.x for me. Please try this one and let me know if the issue goes away.

Todd, I don't have DVDProfiler 3.0, but you could try this as well...

Dirk
If I have SageMC do I just drop the files in the zip somewhere? or do I have to do something specific to install it..... And do I need to replace file (if that's what I do) with the SageTV closed, or is open ok too.....
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If I have SageMC do I just drop the files in the zip somewhere? or do I have to do something specific to install it..... And do I need to replace file (if that's what I do) with the SageTV closed, or is open ok too.....
Sorry, should have given instructions:

- shut down Sage UI
- copy the file DVDPro2Sage.class into the SageTV\DVDPro2Sage folder
- restart the UI

That's it.

Dirk
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still no luck, guess v3.0 isn't supported (yet?). Got the pictures of the dvd cases figured out (.jpg). Now my only other question is, how can I "refresh imported files" in Sage, and How do the "Groups" work in "My Video's"? I added some groups, but everything is in "unassigned". Love to seperate like say Dora, and Blue's Clues, Barbie, etc.....

-Todd
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Still no luck, guess v3.0 isn't supported (yet?). Got the pictures of the dvd cases figured out (.jpg). Now my only other question is, how can I "refresh imported files" in Sage, and How do the "Groups" work in "My Video's"? I added some groups, but everything is in "unassigned". Love to seperate like say Dora, and Blue's Clues, Barbie, etc.....

-Todd
Todd, my goodness, you are having exactly the same problem that I have, and with the same types of video's too. Did you find that DVDprofiler didn't have a lot of the kids video's that you mentioned? It's about 30% of our collection.

I am having the same problems with 3.0 doing the import as well. And going back to 2.4 isn't an option for new users. It doesn't function without an existing 2.4 database. And you can't create a new one because the online profiles are now only supported in 3.0 format.

I managed to get the covers by going to amazon.com and grabbing the large covers from there. My Movies under MCE had the ability import metadata from Amazon which made this importing relatively painless. But DVD profiler doesn't have that option.

Flachbar, are we missing anything with the new files from stanger? Do we need to do anything other than install them and restart the ui? Import the video directories, etc?

Thanks,
mike
Old 05-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

PS When I select a DVD manually by browsing the filesystem, and then select the edit metadata option, and manually import from dvdprofiler, it just says for all the categories: collection.xml not found...

Todd, does it do the same thing for you?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any benefit for upgrading to the newest version that stanger posted?

Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Todd, my goodness, you are having exactly the same problem that I have, and with the same types of video's too. Did you find that DVDprofiler didn't have a lot of the kids video's that you mentioned? It's about 30% of our collection.

I am having the same problems with 3.0 doing the import as well. And going back to 2.4 isn't an option for new users. It doesn't function without an existing 2.4 database. And you can't create a new one because the online profiles are now only supported in 3.0 format.

I managed to get the covers by going to amazon.com and grabbing the large covers from there. My Movies under MCE had the ability import metadata from Amazon which made this importing relatively painless. But DVD profiler doesn't have that option.

Flachbar, are we missing anything with the new files from stanger? Do we need to do anything other than install them and restart the ui? Import the video directories, etc?

Thanks,
mike
- make sure to have the correct paths to DVDProfiler, collection.xml, and the offline path set in the SageMC options
- add the specified offline path to your import directories
- go to my videos, bring up the options menu, and select 'Meta-Data Options'
- select 'Import offline videos'. This will generate fake .mpg files in the offline path, and import them into the wiz.bin
- select 'DVD Profiler refresh'. This will copy the cover art and import the video info from the collection.xml

This will work with 2.4, but as I said not sure about 3.0

Dirk
Old 06-01-2007, 04:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there any benefit for upgrading to the newest version that stanger posted?
If the current one works for you - nope, no need to upgrade.

Dirk
Closed Thread