SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
what do you then select in sagemc paths setup for your offline folder path? It seems that if I select the (in your case) \\mytv\offlinedvds folder--it will populate that folder with the offline dvd's and automatically add that to my import list.
I actually have
\\mytv\offlineDVDs\offline DVDs
as the offlien folder path. Which you may have meant, I should have chosen better folder names for the example.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
I dont know if my entire install is screwed up (I will find out when I re-format next week) but I have the same problem. All my mythbusters and planet earth shows that I imported from another PC just show up all together and I have to get through all the mythbusters to get to planet earth. I did move them into their own folder in explorer then re-imported. My import folder was C:\user\opy01\videos and I put the shows in their own subfolders inside that.
They showed up the way I wanted until I restarted Sage, then they just went back to the way they were. If I add those subfolders to the import directories then they all just show up together and not in their respective folders in sage.

Does it sound like its a bad install or am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

opy01--thanks for the help.

I figured out what is going wrong--i just don't know why.

My offline paths as setup in the sagemc setting: \\offline dvd's\offline dvd's

My import folder: \\offline dvd's

Now when i do a scan everything comes up fine. I seem to be missing some movies based on what dvd profiler is reporting but that is another topic.
Now-when I go to import dvd profiler videos is when the weird things happen. It shows a list of movies and I select import. For some reason, it will add my offline path (offline dvd's\ofline dvd's) as an import folder! So i now have 2 import folders. And because of this, the movies show up in a large list when viewing by folder. So my question--why when I refresh the dvd profiler videos does it add the path I specified in the sagemc setup to my import folder list??? I think that is what is happening.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
So my question--why when I refresh the dvd profiler videos does it add the path I specified in the sagemc setup to my import folder list??? I think that is what is happening.
Thanks,
Juc
Simply set "Auto Add Offline Path" to false in the SageMC settings...

Dirk
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Sage User

Parental Controls

A bug.
When you click on the Parental Controls button on the My Menu menu, it takes you directly to the parental controls menu without asking for a password. The Parental Controls button on the Settings menu asks for a password before allowing access to the parental controls menu (as it should).

A nother bug.
In the default std I setup parental controls to block access to Google and YouTube videos. In SageMC, YouTube videos is missing and access to Google videos is unrestricted.

Perhaps these are not bugs after all. Perhaps I need to set some paramenter value?

Please help save my kiddies from bad TV
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Simply set "Auto Add Offline Path" to false in the SageMC settings...

Dirk
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am still trying to figure out if it is possible in SageMC when you go to My Videos to see folders that specific videos are in and clicking on that folder to veiw the videos inside that folder instead of all the videos just sitting all together in the root directory? I just want this to be a little more organized.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
I am still trying to figure out if it is possible in SageMC when you go to My Videos to see folders that specific videos are in and clicking on that folder to veiw the videos inside that folder instead of all the videos just sitting all together in the root directory? I just want this to be a little more organized.
If the top left Item in "My Videos" shows "File System" then, provided your import folders point to a folder above the folder containing the videos this is what you should get.
i.e.
Import folder is V:\myvids
film.avi stored at V:\myvids\Films\film.avi

If you previously had them all in one folder, you might have to remove you import folder from the list, rescan, put the folder back and do another rescan. Thats how I fixed this problem when it occurred to me. Sage core seems to remember the original locations of videos if you simply move them.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
Another alternative is to assign custom genres to your videos and then use the genre view. I have done this for a number of kids videos on our system (i.e. I have custom genres defined for 'Baby Einstein', 'Go Diego Go', 'Bob the Builder', etc...).

You can also assign videos to groups for the primary view and then display videos by genre or whatever at the next level. These are just a couple alternatives for organizing videos that you might consider.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 06-21-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
If you previously had them all in one folder, you might have to remove you import folder from the list, rescan, put the folder back and do another rescan. Thats how I fixed this problem when it occurred to me. Sage core seems to remember the original locations of videos if you simply move them.
Thanks! That helped figure out part of the problem. Sage seems to remember everything, even stuff after you remove and rescan. My old import directory was C:\Users\OPY01\Videos which I removed from the import directory in SageMC, removed the Mythbusters folder from that directory, re-scanned, shut down Sage then re-opened Sage then re-scanned again and so on and so on but it never worked.

I had to create a completely new directory C:\My Videos and put my Mythbusters folder inside of that one then point to the C:\My Videos for the import directory and the Mythbusters folder showed up in the My Videos in SageMC with the actual videos inside. Now that thats figured out I only have a few more minor things to figure out and I will be all set. Of coarse all those directories will change when I set up my RAID with four 500Gig SATAs. Now off to figure out how to compress them all to DIVX. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am a new user and want to congratulate the developers on a great addon to Sage. I have a couple of questions:

I added my movies to the video library and scanned in imdb information for each. On a few I accidently saved the imdb thumbnails. I keep folder.jpg locally and would rather use the ones I select. Is there a way to remove the imdb thumbnail I saved? Is there a way to disable imdb lookup of thumbnails?

I have added the .ape to the list of audio file types to add to the music library but these files are not being added when scanning the folders. I also have the same problem with .mkv in the video library. Is there anything that I am missing?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So I tried adding the YouTube menu to SageMC - I'm running SageMC 6.3.3. All the videos I try to play get the "unrecognized video format" error.

I saw a post where Opus4 responded to this issue by pointing to a post detailing how this was fixed in the default STV. Is there an easy fix for this in SageMC? I like having YouTube available on the TV, but I don't want to have to load the default STV just to use it!

btl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Same here. And the problem exists for Google Video as well.
Is this a problem for anyone else or does online video playback in SageMC work for you?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 06-23-2007, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this a problem for anyone else or does online video playback in SageMC work for you?
I just noticed that I have this same problem now for YouTube video, but Google Video works fine for me. I'm using SageMC v6.3.3 with the latest SageTV version.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Sage Expert

Possible bug: In series settings, it doesn't seem like the "Airtime" setting is holding after saving the series.

My wife wants to add a series to record Oprah. It comes on weekdays at 3pm, weekends at 11:30pm, and Thur-Fri at 1:00am. She only wants to record the 3pm showings.

I tired to set the "airtime" setting to 3pm. When I save it, then check it again, it's been reset to "any." I can't figure out a way to get the "3pm" setting to hold. As a temp partial workaround I did 5 separate series (one for each weekday), but since there are also overnight showings on Thur-Fri, we're still getting more recorded than we want...

Any other workarounds? Is this a bug?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I dont think SageMC has worked fully with google/youtube video for several versions.

There was s fix for the standard STV.

Last edited by pjwerdna; 06-24-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Sage User

Is there an up-to-date faq, how-to guide, or something that explains the options and gives information on all of the pages in this wonderful stv? I am sure all of the answers are located in this thread, but really...Can anyone be expected to quickly find anything useful in 210+ pages?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quick comment. Could you update the Settings screen in the next version to include code from the Default STV? Like updating the copyright date and the additional verbosity in the System Information like you find in the Default STV? That'd be cool.

BTW, channel logos are looking good in this latest version.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
Quick comment. Could you update the Settings screen in the next version to include code from the Default STV? Like updating the copyright date and the additional verbosity in the System Information like you find in the Default STV? That'd be cool.

BTW, channel logos are looking good in this latest version.
check out the modifed SageMC STV that I posted tonight - it includes most of the details from the default STV.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
I dont think SageMC has worked fully with google/youtube video for several versions.

There was s fix for the standard STV.
Found the problem, will hopefully post a fixed version tonight.

Dirk
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sounds great flachbar!
Shawn
Closed Thread