SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Can you send me your property file (PM me for email address) ? I am not able to reproduce this, and I can't find anything in the code that could be causing it

Dirk
Any follow-up on this item? I too experience the same problem.

Tom
Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Video Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Justin,

did you only upgrade the SageTV version, or also the SageMC package ? The only change that had been made to SageMC was that single video files will now also be displayed in a folder (but thats opposite to what you are seeing anyway)... Which SageMC version are you using ? If you enable debug logging, do you see any errors in the log ?

Dirk
Dirk, I only upgraded Sage to 6.2 when this problem showed up. I am currently using Sage MC STV Version 6.3.1. Also, if I go back to the default stv my video's show up in the correct directories etc. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcclung View Post
Dirk, I only upgraded Sage to 6.2 when this problem showed up. I am currently using Sage MC STV Version 6.3.1. Also, if I go back to the default stv my video's show up in the correct directories etc. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Hi Justin,

it could be this issue. Please try the lastest SageMC version and let me know if the problem goes away.

Dirk
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Sage User

just to make sure i understand. if i'm using sagemc and have commercial skipping enabled and then go through this setup then i'll have commercial skipping goodness?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

I like the SageMC but ..

How do you set the Channel Entry in SageMC?

In regular SageTV it's at Setup -> Customize -> Channel Entry Options but that setting is stripped from SageMC and it limit me to 2 digits number and I have a sat box which all of my channels are in the 3 and 4 digits range.

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98 View Post
just to make sure i understand. if i'm using sagemc and have commercial skipping enabled and then go through this setup then i'll have commercial skipping goodness?
Yep, follow those directions and you should be good to go.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-26-2007, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I like the SageMC but ..

How do you set the Channel Entry in SageMC?

In regular SageTV it's at Setup -> Customize -> Channel Entry Options but that setting is stripped from SageMC and it limit me to 2 digits number and I have a sat box which all of my channels are in the 3 and 4 digits range.

Thank you
Bill
For now, switch to the default STV (SageTV3.xml) and make your change there. When you switch back to SageMC, the setting should stick.

Aloha,
Mike

EDIT: Please ignore me. I have no idea what I am talking about. The above statement is wrong.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-26-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98 View Post
Yup, you set up a program (dirmon, dirmon2, or comskip monitor) to scan for new recordings. That program triggers comskip or showanalyzer to scan the recording for commercials and saves the info in a .edl or .txt file. SageMC will then read the .edl/.txt file and skip the commercials.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
For now, switch to the default STV (SageTV3.xml) and make your change there. When you switch back to SageMC, the setting should stick.

Aloha,
Mike
Nope it does not stick .. it stay at 2 digits.

Let me try again.

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Nope it does not stick .. it stay at 2 digits.

Let me try again.

Thank you
Bill
I just tried it 1 more time putting it at 4 digits in default then switch to SageMC and it still ignore that setting putting it back to 2 digits but if I switch back to default it will go back to 4 digit.

A bug in SageMC perhaps?

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry about the mis-information. I thought this was a property that controlled the core SageTV behavior, but it seems that it has to be implemented in the STV. I do not believe that SageMC has support built in for this yet as it is new for SageTV v6.2. I'm not sure if flachbar is planning to add this capability yet, so it sounds like a feature request is in order.

Again, sorry for speaking out of turn.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry about the mis-information. I thought this was a property that controlled the core SageTV behavior, but it seems that it has to be implemented in the STV. I do not believe that SageMC has support built in for this yet as it is new for SageTV v6.2. I'm not sure if flachbar is planning to add this capability yet, so it sounds like a feature request is in order.

Aloha,
Mike
It not a problem at all.

I really like the look of SageMC and wasn't sure if he moved that setting in another location of the setup menu that why I asked to see if was something different I had to do to make it work or an file I had to edit in SageMC.

I was hoping to get it working becasue sat channels goes into the 4 digits range for their channel number and it annoying having to scroll all the way to to the 4 digits range when I can enter rounded up number and jump to it very quickly then do a light scrolling to select my show to watch.

I hope he would look into implementing it. I am using 6.2.10

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Youtube doesn't work in SageMC and the error I get is
"Error: The requested video was not found on the server"

Youtube works fine in default SageTV 6.2.10

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TBird View Post
Did that, stopped the service, changed the setting & then re started... Does it need a restart (ie power down) of the MVP ??
I had the same problem with my MVP. You need to go into "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\clients\" and edit the "028a838b28d0.properties" file there (or whatever the heck your file is named). I had to add the "ui/disable_native_image_loader=true" property since there wasn't one there already. Just search for "ui/base_font_name=..." and add the new property after that (or anywhere since I don't think the order of the properties is important).

As usual, make sure the server and MediaMVP are shut down before editing the file. Then restart everything. I'm not sure if you have to completely reboot the MVP, but I did just to be on the safe side.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrencegf View Post
I had the same problem with my MVP. You need to go into "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\clients\" and edit the "028a838b28d0.properties" file there (or whatever the heck your file is named). I had to add the "ui/disable_native_image_loader=true" property since there wasn't one there already. Just search for "ui/base_font_name=..." and add the new property after that (or anywhere since I don't think the order of the properties is important).
An easier way to make this change is to load the default STV, then go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced, then toggle the Optimized Image Loader setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
An easier way to make this change is to load the default STV, then go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced, then toggle the Optimized Image Loader setting.

- Andy
This is also the purpose of the "Hardware Setup" button in SageMC. (The button at the top of the Setup page) Using this loads the STV for the default STV. Now change the settings most recently added to Sage but not available from the SageMC page. When you're done switch back to the SageMC STV.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
This is also the purpose of the "Hardware Setup" button in SageMC. (The button at the top of the Setup page) Using this loads the STV for the default STV. Now change the settings most recently added to Sage but not available from the SageMC page. When you're done switch back to the SageMC STV.

Gerry
Absolutely right, and this will all get much easier in the next version...

Dirk
Old 09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike

I believe you were correct to being with.

I think my SageTV got corrupted or broken somehow because when I reinstalled SageTV again it took the update from default into SageMC this time.

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Channel Icons

Hi,
Is it possible to have the channel icons next to the channel number in the epg guide?
When viewing the default STV the icons appear next to the channel listing for each channel but not in SageMC, I've looked for a setting but havent found anything yet.

Cheers
Old 09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hi,
Is it possible to have the channel icons next to the channel number in the epg guide?
When viewing the default STV the icons appear next to the channel listing for each channel but not in SageMC, I've looked for a setting but havent found anything yet.

Cheers

Has been done, will be in the next version.

Dirk
Closed Thread