SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
Hey Dirk, thanks for the new release - I'm loving it.

I've got one question though.

All the icons in this version of SMC are tiny on my 1080i screen (1920x1080 res). All the recording, conflict, first run icons, etc. Is there anyway to make them bigger? I can hardly make them out!

Thanks!
I don't have a 1080i display, so I can't test this... Did you try Mikes High-Res Show icons ? You will have to copy them manually though, since the zip file will probably still contain the old 'Images' location

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
In both of your downloads you have the "Themes" directory in the SageMC directory. This didn't work for me. I had to copy the themes contained within that folder to where the default "Themes" directory is. That path is C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\Themes. From your zip yours is in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes directory. FYI. (Unless I'm understanding this wrong.)

Gerry
No, the location in the zip file (SageMCE\Themes) is correct. It wouldn't have made sense to share the default STV Theme directory, since the themes are not compatible. The STV explictly loads the imgaes from this location, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, and especially why it does work for you when you copy them into the default STV theme folder...

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
Thanks for this release - lots of good stuff in here.

Is there a way I can remove the scroll bars? I'm guessing there is a setting somewhere for them but I can't seem to find it.
Yes there should be... Hmm, this setting must have gone lost during reorganization of the settings menu, I'll fix this asap

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
No, the location in the zip file (SageMCE\Themes) is correct. It wouldn't have made sense to share the default STV Theme directory, since the themes are not compatible. The STV explictly loads the imgaes from this location, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, and especially why it does work for you when you copy them into the default STV theme folder...

Dirk
I'll look at it further then. When I initially extracted it and chose the new stv I had no backgrounds. When I went to the Theme menu I didn't get a popup to pick the new ones. When I copied them into the default themes directory they showed up. I'll start with a new properties file and try again.

Also-I see no way to change the background color for dialog boxes.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll look at it further then. When I initially extracted it and chose the new stv I had no backgrounds. When I went to the Theme menu I didn't get a popup to pick the new ones. When I copied them into the default themes directory they showed up. I'll start with a new properties file and try again.
Did you try to restart the UI ?

Quote:
Also-I see no way to change the background color for dialog boxes.
Gerry
This is now a theme setting and can be set in the 'theme.properties' file located in the theme folder

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you try to restart the UI ?
Doh- My bad. And a clean properties file worked also.

Quote:
This is now a theme setting and can be set in the 'theme.properties' file located in the theme folder

Dirk
Wasn't sure of that so I'll work it from that angle.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am running the latest SageMC but SageTV is still fairly new to me so I am learning.

I have downloaded the comskip and unzipped everything into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV then enable all the settings in SageMC comskip menu but doesn't seem to be skipping commericals when I play back a recorded show.

Does it only works on recorded shows after the comskip have been installed or I missed a setting?

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Hmm, works fine for me... What do you mean with "it seems to work in genre or group view" ? This setting makes only sense in the file system view, since videos are displayed independent of their folder structure in the other two views anyways...
I mean if I am using the group view (you know the item on the top of the left menu says 'group'), then I can see each one of my movies as just a cover and title (based on the display options I have chosen). If the item on the top of the left menu says 'file system', then I see each of my movie covers ontop of a folder that says 1 item. When I get back home later, I'll make a screenshot if it still doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Now this is weird... Can you enable debug logging ?
Yes I will do that as well. I has happened twice last night before I went to bed. I'll check it out again today. Maybe it was a fluke.

Quote:
Change "hover_my weather.png" in the 'MenuIcons' directory of the theme
Oh yeah....what about being able to choose it like one does the other items in the dynamic menu? If it's a PIA to add then it's not a big deal at all.

I love the way the new theme feature works. I was able to make a new test theme within seconds! I think I might finally get around to making my own theme! Oh speaking of themes, that's what made me think about the weather hover icon. I made that new test theme with it's own hover icons in the proper folder, but the weather hover icon is still using the one in the default theme folder. Is it hardcoded? Or does it fall back to the default theme folder if the name of the hover icon isn't exactly right?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Dirk
I've added this in the themes.properties
ScalingInsets/DialogBG.png=18,18,18,18
ScalingInsets/DialogBGTrans.png=18,18,18,18

and also

UIWidgetInsets/DialogBG.png=0.018,0.012,0.018,0.012
UIWidgetInsets/DialogBGTrans.png=0.018,0.012,0.018,0.012

And placed both a DialogBG.png and a DialogBGTrans.png in the theme directory. It has no effect on the dialog boxes background color.

Am I missing something else?

Gerry
Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes there should be... Hmm, this setting must have gone lost during reorganization of the settings menu, I'll fix this asap

Dirk
Nice to know I wasn't being blind for a change!

What is the sagemc/ property for this so i can set it manually for the time being?

EDIT: just found it: sagemc/enable_scroll_bars=true

Thanks,
Alex
Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk,

Is it possible to have the channel name displayed in the EPG rather than the icon - i.e. the way it used to be? There may be a setting for this but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 09-30-2007, 11:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I mean if I am using the group view (you know the item on the top of the left menu says 'group'), then I can see each one of my movies as just a cover and title (based on the display options I have chosen). If the item on the top of the left menu says 'file system', then I see each of my movie covers ontop of a folder that says 1 item. When I get back home later, I'll make a screenshot if it still doesn't make sense.
Yes, with the setting disabled it should show the full cover art without folder and item count. I just tested it again, it works for me. What is your exact file structure ?

Quote:
Oh yeah....what about being able to choose it like one does the other items in the dynamic menu? If it's a PIA to add then it's not a big deal at all.
It kind of would, since it is not part of the dynamic menus (their icons are stored in the menu xml file) and is handled as any other image in the theme

Quote:
I made that new test theme with it's own hover icons in the proper folder, but the weather hover icon is still using the one in the default theme folder. Is it hardcoded? Or does it fall back to the default theme folder if the name of the hover icon isn't exactly right?
I just did a test myself, and it correctly replaces the weather icon. Yes, the name has to be exactly "hover_my weather" (note the space!), otherwise it won't find it and will then fall back to the image in the default theme (which is the case for any graphic). Also, did you put it into the 'MenuIcons' subfolder ?

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've added this in the themes.properties
ScalingInsets/DialogBG.png=18,18,18,18
ScalingInsets/DialogBGTrans.png=18,18,18,18

and also

UIWidgetInsets/DialogBG.png=0.018,0.012,0.018,0.012
UIWidgetInsets/DialogBGTrans.png=0.018,0.012,0.018,0.012

And placed both a DialogBG.png and a DialogBGTrans.png in the theme directory. It has no effect on the dialog boxes background color.

Am I missing something else?

Gerry
Well, sort of...

First of all, DialogBG.png is not a graphic used by SageMC (that's why I said you can view the 'Default' theme as kind of a reference, it contains all the images (and only those) which are ever used)

And second, every theme property has to get explicitly coded in the STV (there has to be code to read the property, and the widgets have to use this property). I mentioned that for now I only coded the scaling insets for the menu bar graphics (see the theme.properties file in the Default theme), these are the only properties that can be set right now. Of course now that the framework is in place it's not that hard to add support for new properties if there is a demand.

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
Dirk,

Is it possible to have the channel name displayed in the EPG rather than the icon - i.e. the way it used to be? There may be a setting for this but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,
Alex
Ah ok, I thought that if someone has channel logos installed for a channel he would also want to have them displayed wherever possible... If this is not the case it shouldn't be too hard to add a setting for this

Dirk
Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
I've had several issues getting the Liquid Theme to work with the new version of SageTV.

First off was the background. Liquid Theme comes with a .png background, and SageMC is looking for a .jpg. Opened the file in paint, and saved it as a .jpg, now it works.

None of the liquid menu headings are working. I'm not sure what the problem is here yet. These are the Television_logo, Settings_logo, etc graphics. I do not see these in the Default theme folder. It looks like the default theme just uses enlarged fonts.

All of the selection bars have "pinched" ends except on the main menu.

Another issue is that I can't seem to find the option to change the background color of the options menu. Blue does not work so well with my theme setup.

Carl
I'm working on an update to the liquid theme. I hope to have it out in the next day or two. I also hope to have updates to my plugins out in the same time frame.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks flachbar for all your hard work on this STV.

Anyone got the Foofaraw theme working with the new release?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Yes, with the setting disabled it should show the full cover art without folder and item count. I just tested it again, it works for me. What is your exact file structure ?
Ok, then it isn't working for me. With it either disabled or enabled I see the folder icon. Just to re-iterate, it is when using the 'file system' view. My structure is as follows;
E:\Movies\300\300.avi
E:\Movies\40 year old virgin\40 Year Old Virgin.avi
and so on and so on.....
Each of the folders also have multiple jpegs as well.

I'll get a screen shot later, so don't worry about it 'til then if you can't replicate it.

Quote:
It kind of would, since it is not part of the dynamic menus (their icons are stored in the menu xml file) and is handled as any other image in the theme
No problem. Easy enough.

Quote:
I just did a test myself, and it correctly replaces the weather icon. Yes, the name has to be exactly "hover_my weather" (note the space!), otherwise it won't find it and will then fall back to the image in the default theme (which is the case for any graphic). Also, did you put it into the 'MenuIcons' subfolder ?
I'm pretty sure I had the name wrong. I think I just had it has hover_weather. I was more babbling about that to confirm that is the way it functions.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up

Let me say first that this new version broke the custom imports I had developed. It's going to take a bit of time to go through them and get them to work with this new version.

With that said though, it will be worth it! This update is great!

Dirk, Mike, everyone - thanks for all of the time and effort you put into this.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, sort of...

First of all, DialogBG.png is not a graphic used by SageMC (that's why I said you can view the 'Default' theme as kind of a reference, it contains all the images (and only those) which are ever used)

And second, every theme property has to get explicitly coded in the STV (there has to be code to read the property, and the widgets have to use this property). I mentioned that for now I only coded the scaling insets for the menu bar graphics (see the theme.properties file in the Default theme), these are the only properties that can be set right now. Of course now that the framework is in place it's not that hard to add support for new properties if there is a demand.

Dirk
So for right now a theme I have that uses a a black or dark grey background will be stuck with the blue dialog boxes until you make this program change. I know in the previous versions we could change that in the SageMC options but for now I'll have to wait until you program that change in thru the theme.properties. I can now understand the limitations being the few that are listed in there.

Gerry
Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So for right now a theme I have that uses a a black or dark grey background will be stuck with the blue dialog boxes until you make this program change. I know in the previous versions we could change that in the SageMC options but for now I'll have to wait until you program that change in thru the theme.properties. I can now understand the limitations being the few that are listed in there.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

ahh now I know what you mean. If it's only the background for the options menus you are talking about then you don't have to wait : in addition to the scaling insets I have one more property that you can set: OptionsMenuColor (equivalent to the setting in the previous version). Just have a look at the theme.properties file in the default theme (the setting is commented out).

Dirk
Closed Thread