SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just noticed this. I can't get the 10 Day weather forecast to stick in My Weather.

Anybody else?

Technazz
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
The "normal" method for getting episode numbers for recorded TV it to use the last 4 digits of the SageTV episode #. At least that is how it was done in the Malore menus I ported to SageMC.
Hmmm I see no correlation between any numbers in Sage and episode numbers on TV.com.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Hmmm I see no correlation between any numbers in Sage and episode numbers on TV.com.
That's why I said SageTV episode #. It is the episode id # from the EPG. And when you sort by ShowID they are displayed in the right panel of the Malore menus in my plugin which was copied from V5.0.4 of the default STV.

Edit: And I wondered if you weren't referring to an alternate source but thought I would point it out in case you weren't aware of it.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 10-09-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
That's why I said SageTV episode #. It is the episode id # from the EPG. And when you sort by ShowID they are displayed in the right panel of the Malore menus in my plugin which was copied from V5.0.4 of the default STV.

Edit: And I wondered if you weren't referring to an alternate source but thought I would point it out in case you weren't aware of it.
Yeah its this 4 digit number that I was asking about. I guess its just me that would like something like this, so I will forget about it. Was hoping that I could see the 4 digit episode ID listed next to the program name, instead of the date it was recorded.

Pardon the interruption, I will go climb under my rock again.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Just noticed this. I can't get the 10 Day weather forecast to stick in My Weather.

Anybody else?

Technazz
Works fine for me... You changed the setting to "Show 10 days in forecast" in the options menu, right ?

Dirk
Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Works fine for me... You changed the setting to "Show 10 days in forecast" in the options menu, right ?

Dirk
Yes. It always shows the 4 day. I can view the 10 day with the button. But will not switch if i use the options. Do you need a log?

Technazz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap.jpg (63.8 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by technazz; 10-09-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add screen
Old 10-09-2007, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Yes. It always shows the 4 day. I can view the 10 day with the button. But will not switch if i use the options. Do you need a log?

Technazz
Hi Technazz,

still not sure I understand correctly... So when you press the "10-day forecast" button you see all 10 days at once ? If so, what doesn't work ?

Note that the button is always labeled "10-day forecast", no matter if you set the option to 4 or 10 days. Makes sense because it always shows a 10 day forecast, it's just 10 days at once in one case, and 4 days at once (with the ability to scroll through all 10 days) in the other.

Dirk
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where did the Pictures go?

It must be since I didn't see this anywhere else in the forum - after upgrading to latest of Sage and SMC, "My Pictures" is blank. The screen saver of Sage shows them, like normal, but not in "My Pictures". Any ideas?

Sage: 6.2.10.152
Java 1.6.0_02
SMC: 6.3.4a

I've tried removing the directory from setup then re-adding it but it didn't change anything.

AWS
Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
It must be since I didn't see this anywhere else in the forum - after upgrading to latest of Sage and SMC, "My Pictures" is blank. The screen saver of Sage shows them, like normal, but not in "My Pictures". Any ideas?

Sage: 6.2.10.152
Java 1.6.0_02
SMC: 6.3.4a

I've tried removing the directory from setup then re-adding it but it didn't change anything.

AWS
Shut down the UI (and server if using MVP / Placeshifter) and make sure you extract the newest JAR files included in the download file.

Dirk
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks

Well that did it. I don't know how I messed up before by not getting the JARs installed correctly, but did what you said and all is good now.

Thanks a lot.

AWS
Old 10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Technazz,

still not sure I understand correctly... So when you press the "10-day forecast" button you see all 10 days at once ? If so, what doesn't work ?

Note that the button is always labeled "10-day forecast", no matter if you set the option to 4 or 10 days. Makes sense because it always shows a 10 day forecast, it's just 10 days at once in one case, and 4 days at once (with the ability to scroll through all 10 days) in the other.

Dirk
I want the 10 day to be default when i go into My Weather. I thought that the 10 day setting is for in the Options menu. No?

Technazz
Old 10-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where are all the Themes?

I just updated to SageMC 6.3.4a and suddenly the nice, simple, dark blue theme that I used to use with SageMC 6.3.2 was gone! I understand there is a new framework for SageMC 6.3.4, but does that mean SageMC now comes with less themes than before?

How can I get that dark-blue theme back? I got so used to it and I really don't like any of the standard 3 themes that come with 6.3.4.

Why are the other themes gone? :-(
Old 10-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Sage Icon

the 6.3.4 upgrade file only has a couple themes. The complete 6.3.4 file has all the themes.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
the 6.3.4 upgrade file only has a couple themes. The complete 6.3.4 file has all the themes.
Thanks Jack! Just figured it out. I think all the themes should be included in the "upgrade" since they contain the upgraded theme frameworks. :-)

Anyways, I'm happy to have my nice theme back.

Awesome! :-)
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

One qeustion..

When whatching a DVD and the FBI warning is playing, if you try to skip it you get an error message saying something like(forgive me I'm not at home) "this action cannot be performed". Then you have to click ok.

Anyway to rid of that message? Or better, just flash some sort of icon for a second (IE:like a red circle with a slash)? Or, even better yet, force it to skip?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I believe that requires breaking the DVD encryption to "re-master" the DVD... which isn't legally allowed. .... I THINK
Old 10-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Sage User

Oke SageTV contacted me. They have logged a bug because there is a problem with WMA music import which they can reproduce. So I just have to be a little patience for the bug fix to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
I have been working on the problem below.
When importing mp3 files everything is working oke, but as soon as WMA files are used it doesn't. When using WMA files songs are presented like albums, but the album is shown also.
If WMA files are imported loading SageTV or SageService does take very much time. I made a bug report with sagesupport, but hopefully some of you can help me also.
WMA import has been working in previous versions of SageTV and SageMC.

Regards,
Olaf.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using sagemc 6.3.4a and I'm seeing a problem where not all shows are being displayed on my client machine under "My TV -> Recorded TV". The client only display 35 shows but my sagetv backend (is also using SageMC) displays all 44 shows. If I use the default SageTV gui on my client all 44 shows are displayed so this appears to be sagemc specific. I checked in the log file and the only difference I can see for the 9 shows that are not being displayed is that none of them have a "Favorite ID".

Anyone else seeing this problem?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton22 View Post
I'm using sagemc 6.3.4a and I'm seeing a problem where not all shows are being displayed on my client machine under "My TV -> Recorded TV". The client only display 35 shows but my sagetv backend (is also using SageMC) displays all 44 shows. If I use the default SageTV gui on my client all 44 shows are displayed so this appears to be sagemc specific. I checked in the log file and the only difference I can see for the 9 shows that are not being displayed is that none of them have a "Favorite ID".

Anyone else seeing this problem?
Did some more digging...if I cancel the "series record" for a show then all episodes for that show that I'd already recorded are no longer listed in "Recorded TV".
Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC v6.3.5 available for download

I just uploaded SageMC 6.3.5

New features:

Parent theme functionality

You can now specify a "parent theme" in the theme.properties file (thanks Andy for sharing this idea). Previously, all themes only had the "Default" theme as the parent, and all images and properties not found in the current theme folder have been picked up from the default folder. The new property makes it possible to define a specific parent for a theme (this functionality is recursive and allows a parent theme to have a parent theme itself, and so on), and allows theme designer to easily build upon existing themes without the need to override all graphics or settings. The complete 'theme path' for a theme all the way down to the Default theme can be displayed in the options menu of the Theme selection menu.

Support for menu-specific backgrounds

You can now assign a different background to *every* SageMC menu (even non-standard menus of imported STVis) in the theme.properties file. The property name corresponds to the Menu widget name, see the new theme property file in the Default theme folder for details. Note that you have to replaces spaces with '_' in the property name. The idea for this new feature has been provided by Mike (thanks!!), and should be a powerful tool to build new cool themes.

New OSD time bar functionality

I ported the OSD time bar code from the default STV to SageMC (of course without changing the SageMC look). The new time bar will now display the padding time (aren't you guys happy now ), and, as an additional gift for the mouse users out there, will now allow full mouse usage as well (even happier ?). You can click on the time bar to seek to a specific position, left-clicking on the 'Play' icon will toggle between Play and Pause, and a click with the middle button on the icon will stop the playback. The time bar padding color can be configured in the SageMC options, and there you'll also find a new option to enable the display of the current time in the time bar. Thanks to Mike for ironing out some display problems.

New EPG coloring with full core animation support

The EPG is now using core animations for single line scrolling, and it also supports a new coloring mode in which you can define the category colors in the theme.properties file, instead of having to supply image files for each category. Alpha values can also be configured, see the default theme.properties file for details. The new mode can be enabled/disabled in the SageMC options. This entire new functionality has been implemented by Mike alone, many thanks again !

Other new features / changes
  • if you do not have a dedicated "Back" button on your remote, then you can now use "Skip Backwards" to navigate upwards in any hierarchical structured menu screen (video, photo, and music library, but also e.g. Grouped recordings, etc)
  • added option for EPG channel column width
  • disable folder for single videos now supports 'videotitle'.jpg cover art
  • show custom global background immediately when changed in SageMC options
  • use Webtext (lynx ore w3m) to display HTML email
  • moved EncoderMarker icons to 'MenuIcons' for consistency (but it will still pick up the icons in the old location for backward compatibility)
Bugfixes
  • fixed issues in music library view by album artist
  • fixed opacity of quick jump bar in Music and Video library
  • fixed watched bars not showing in current selection
  • fixed Play in Stop dialog
I did my best and tried to not break any existing plugins. If you notice any incompatibilities, please let me know.

Installation (as usual):

- shut down the UI
- unzip *all* files in the download file
- restart the UI
- load the new STV

The dev package (includes only new STV and JARs) and the full installation package are available for download here:

SageMC 6.3.5 update
SageMC 6.3.5 full install

Enjoy,

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-14-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread