SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayN View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had the global setting done already.

However, I hadn't notice the Comskip settings under the Favorites options. What I found is I don't have any choices there. When I select the + or - buttons, nothing happens. Change other options works fine but no the Comskip options.

I tried to upgrade to 6.3.5 but i couldn't get Sage MC to work. I just got a black screen with no Start icon, no time, no weather icon and no close button. Fortunately, I saved my previousl install.
This is the same behavior I had a couple of weeks back. For me it was caused be the existance of multiple sagemc.jar files in my classpath. Specifically sagemc1.4.jar still was in my JARs directory. It was using an incorrect method out of the sagemc1.4 jar that made it not work correctly.

-Mike

P.S. you should turn on logging in sage and look for any errors. I noticed my problem as an undefined method in the log file and flachbar helped me diagnose the issue until we resolved it. All our messages are logged in this thread so a search may help as well.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is this the solution to IMDB movie posters not being downloaded with a blue down arrow or the movie poster one being chosen? Doesn't seem like a good solution to me. It used to be automatic and work correctly.
No. Someone was asking how to change it and save it. I don't know the answer to your issue. I just go out of the scrren and come back in if I need to see it right away.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
This is the same behavior I had a couple of weeks back. For me it was caused be the existance of multiple sagemc.jar files in my classpath. Specifically sagemc1.4.jar still was in my JARs directory. It was using an incorrect method out of the sagemc1.4 jar that made it not work correctly.

-Mike

P.S. you should turn on logging in sage and look for any errors. I noticed my problem as an undefined method in the log file and flachbar helped me diagnose the issue until we resolved it. All our messages are logged in this thread so a search may help as well.
Mike,

I removed the sagemc1.4.jar file and other version 1.4 jar files from the JARs directory and that solved the problem. I can now select Comskip options on the favorites screen and Auto Comskip is enabled by default.

Ray
Old 01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm in the process of writing a blog post about this STV. Could someone give me a decent background of the origins of SageMC and who all has been involved in the development of it (via pm or a post here)?

I promise it will be a good writeup and should help others realize how great SageMC is and some of what it allows your HTPC to do

Thanks,
Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since switching to SageMC I've noticed that FF/REW behave differently than the default STV and I'd like to change it. I've gone into the SageMC settings and disabled the setting to use Multispeed however the function persists. What am I missing?

Edit: It only seems to be happening while watching a DVD with SageMC. Is this the default behaviour while watching a DVD? Can it be changed?

Last edited by Khristopher; 01-13-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm in the process of writing a blog post about this STV. Could someone give me a decent background of the origins of SageMC and who all has been involved in the development of it (via pm or a post here)?

I promise it will be a good writeup and should help others realize how great SageMC is and some of what it allows your HTPC to do

Thanks,
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ghlight=SageMC

That is the original thread/developer that started it all
Old 01-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage User

closed caption icons (cc showicons)

I currently have dirmon set up to process all my mpg files with ccextractor to create smi files. I also have the latest sagemc and the captions playback import which allows me to view the closed captions. However, I cannot get the cc icon to show up in sagemc. It's not listed in the sagemc 'icon options' so I assume it's not supported. For me, cc adds a tremendous value to sagetv. Adding these icons to sagemc and even incorporating the entire captions playback import into sagemc I think would be a great idea.
skyw33
Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD Extender Aspect Ratios

Will SageMC ever integrate nicely with the HD Extenders idea of aspect ratios? Will it show ZoomA ZoomB on the selection dialog? What happens when you add your own custom aspect ratio to the HD Extender's settings?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Will SageMC ever integrate nicely with the HD Extenders idea of aspect ratios? Will it show ZoomA ZoomB on the selection dialog? What happens when you add your own custom aspect ratio to the HD Extender's settings?

Thanks,
Matthew
It already does fully integrate with the AR from the extenders. It shows ZoomA/B along with any custom aspect ratio's you have designed.

btl.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
It already does fully integrate with the AR from the extenders. It shows ZoomA/B along with any custom aspect ratio's you have designed.

btl.
Cool. Is that the latest dev build or 6.3.6b? I don't see it in 6.3.6b.

-Matthew
Old 01-14-2008, 12:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Should be there with 6.3.6b. That's what I'm running at least.

Where exactly are you looking for it? They show up in a few different places - although I've never looked for one and not found it!

btl.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Auto-Compress not auto-compressing

I am having a problem with SageMC auto compress feature. I can get it to manually compress, but the auto compress does not seem to be working. I have attached images of my settings. Hopefully, it's something simple I'm missing, but heck if I know what it is.

sagemcRecording.jpg

SageMCPaths.jpg

SageMCAutoComp.jpg
Old 01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I have noticed that when I download movie information in SageMC and then save it the Rating of the movie is not saved. I wanted to check with others to see if this is the behavior they are seeing as well before spending more time to dig into the problem. Currently I manually enter all the rating information for the movies and it can get tedious.

-Mike
Some more information. I have been switching between JREWiki's RW metadata plugin and sageMC to see how it stores information differently in the wiz.bin file. They both appear to use nielm's IMDB search plugin, but each appears to parse the data differently. sageMC stores the categories differently and does not store the rating while the RW metadata plugin does store rating, but the format of the categories is different.

In addition, I have noticed that the metadata stored in the wiz.bin file gets lost if I change the folder.jpg or change the time stamp of the video files. This requires me to do a 2 pass approach to saving the metadata, the first pass stores the folder.jpg. The next time I do a re-import the picture shows up, but all metadata is lost, I do a second search and save and the metadata seems to stick. This appears to happen in both sageMC and JREWiki's RW metadata plugin.

-Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to show only the artists name when browsing though my music (view by artist). On my HD extender, it is really slow to scroll though all my music. SageTV support suggested that it is due to the size of my album covers. I am not really interested in resizing all the covers, loosing the nice covers that I collected. Rather, I would prefer to remove them from the view by artist menu and have them come up when I select an artist.

Is it possible to not show the covers in the view by artist music menu?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
I am having a problem with SageMC auto compress feature. I can get it to manually compress, but the auto compress does not seem to be working. I have attached images of my settings. Hopefully, it's something simple I'm missing, but heck if I know what it is.

Attachment 6362

Attachment 6363

Attachment 6364
I believe that you have to set it up under the favorites section. Go into one of your favorites and if you scroll down you will see options on different ways to setup compression. There are quite a few options...

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...
Old 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
I believe that you have to set it up under the favorites section. Go into one of your favorites and if you scroll down you will see options on different ways to setup compression. There are quite a few options...

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...
That was it. I actually stumbled upon that yesterday and got the auto-compress to work, finally.

But now there is a new problem. It goes through the entire transcode process and then fails at the very end. All of my auto-compress jobs say failed except 1. And the one that was able to complete gives me a playback error when trying to play the compressed file.

In addition, the path that I specified as the auto-compress path is completely empty. I'm stumped. I have once again attached images of the problems.

auto-compress-fails.jpg
Playback-Error.jpg

Update: OK, my auto-compress problems seem to have gone away. All favorites are now being compressed just fine. And I was not aware that SageMC auto compress only did in-place compression. That explains why my compression path is empty. Also, apparently I did not have an MPEG4 codec installed, so I changed from using DirectShow to SageTV Player.

So now the only problem left is that my computer is so dang slow compressing the files. Man, am I eager for the HD Extenders to be available again!

Last edited by maxpower; 01-16-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Sagemc menus nots refreshing

I am a new user to Sage. I have version 6.1.9. I decided to give it a facelift with Sagemc. I have it working, but the menu items are not refreshing after you hover over them. The only way to fix it is to exit the program and go back in. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalter View Post
I am a new user to Sage. I have version 6.1.9. I decided to give it a facelift with Sagemc. I have it working, but the menu items are not refreshing after you hover over them. The only way to fix it is to exit the program and go back in. Any help would be appreciated.
The latest version of SageMC (v6.3.6b) requires the latest version of SageTV (v6.3.5). The version you are running does not have the animation support in the core. That would be my first guess.

Also, make sure you are running Java v1.6. SageTV only installs Java v1.4.2 by default, so you will have to go to the Sun site to download the newest version. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Thanks, yep it was the older version. Updated to 6.3.5 and it is working fine now.

Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:44 PM

Ok, one more question.... How do I edit, change, or add to the SageMC menu buttons? In the Main Menu interface I had a Games button with a Nintendo emulator, in the MC interface it is gone. I found out how to add the My Games button, but cant seem to do much from there.

Thanks again
Closed Thread