SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage Expert

new user, must be dense, stop playing live TV how??

I can't figure out while running sagemc either on the server or while using place shifter how to stop live TV. Once I've started watching "live" tv I only seem to be able to stop by putting sage to sleep (Ctrl z) or quitting.

There must be a better way, right ???

With place shifters I have the stop button which I believe will do this, right, but when not using a remote what do I do?

Other then that loving SageMC and just added comskip finally and this whole media server thing is getting pretty nice.

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
I can't figure out while running sagemc either on the server or while using place shifter how to stop live TV. Once I've started watching "live" tv I only seem to be able to stop by putting sage to sleep (Ctrl z) or quitting.

There must be a better way, right ???

With place shifters I have the stop button which I believe will do this, right, but when not using a remote what do I do?

Other then that loving SageMC and just added comskip finally and this whole media server thing is getting pretty nice.

Thanks
The keyboard mapping for the 'STOP' command in SageTV is ctrl-G. You can map it to anything else you want in the detailed settings section as well. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Sage User

Today I tried a movie I encoded into Xvid and it I got this error. Sage.playbackexception ERROR (-4,0x80040217). I have no idea if it is a SageTV error or the MC. Can anyone help on how to fix this? A restart didn't help.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mm View Post
Today I tried a movie I encoded into Xvid and it I got this error. Sage.playbackexception ERROR (-4,0x80040217). I have no idea if it is a SageTV error or the MC. Can anyone help on how to fix this? A restart didn't help.
I had this msg: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29720

I seemed to get and had to switch video playback decoders to get it to work properly. Haven't had an issue for a few days.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I had this msg: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29720

I seemed to get and had to switch video playback decoders to get it to work properly. Haven't had an issue for a few days.
I switched decoders and nothing worked. Anything else?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mm View Post
Today I tried a movie I encoded into Xvid and it I got this error. Sage.playbackexception ERROR (-4,0x80040217). I have no idea if it is a SageTV error or the MC.
It seems to be a directshow playback error. You may want to reinstall the DivX codec (for instance if you install PowerDVD after installing DivX, this can happen).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Talking

I have a simple question on customizing the UI in sageMC. I am currently running the liquid theme. On my sub menus, take music for example. I want to remove the text heading at the top but still keep the graphic heading "Music". Is this possible to do? Another example is in the guide, I want to remove "guide" and keep the graphic "television". This applies to all sub menus; recordings, music, guide, etc. I think this will look better with out the ugly text right on top of the graphic titles.

Any recommendations?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

Ok. I have this installed but don't know if intelligent recording (IR) is part of the SAGEMC addon package or SAGE. But I keep getting multiple recordings. I have set to 1st run only and enable better IR option (can't remember what it's called but looks at more information) I had Girls next Door record twice.

By looking at the following, can someone point to me as to why? Does the show have to be watched to not record again? Does the archive (don't know what this is) thing have something to do with it?

Quote:
Aired: Jan 17, 2008 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM

Duration: 30 m

Channel: 28-EP

Rating: TV14

Description: Hef and the women go to the Monte Carlo Television Festival.

Category: Reality - First Run

Original Air Date: Sunday, January 13, 2008

Show ID: EP7639150076

Encoded by: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #4 Great

File Format: MPEG2-PS[MPEG2-Video/3.8Mbps 4:3 480i@29.97fps, MP2/384Kbps@48kHz Stereo]

Files:
J:\Tv shows\TheGirlsNextDoor-TheFullMonteCarlo-508354-0.mpg

File Playlists: [wvx] [m3u] [pls]

Size: 1.14GB

Internal details: MediaFileID=547753 , AiringID=508354
Quote:
The Girls Next Door

Episode: The Full Monte Carlo

Favorite - First Runs OnlyFirst RunArchived File

TV14

Airing: Jan 27, 2008 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM - Archived

Duration: 30 m

Channel: 28-EP

Rating: TV14

Description: Hef and the women go to the Monte Carlo Television Festival.

Category: Reality - First Run

Original Air Date: Sunday, January 13, 2008

Show ID: EP7639150076

Encoded by: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #2 Great

File Format: MPEG2-PS[MPEG2-Video 4:3 480i@29.97fps, MP2/448Kbps@48kHz Stereo]

Files:
H:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\BTV Shows\The Girls Next Door-(The Full Monte Carlo)-2008-01-14-0.mpg
H:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\BTV Shows\TheGirlsNextDoor-TheFullMonteCarlo-532687-1.mpg
H:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\BTV Shows\TheGirlsNextDoor-TheFullMonteCarlo-532687-2.mpg
H:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\BTV Shows\TheGirlsNextDoor-TheFullMonteCarlo-532687-3.mpg

File Playlists: [wvx] [m3u] [pls]

Size: 2.36GB

Internal details: MediaFileID=539623 , AiringID=532687
Old 01-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

sorry for the long posts. I can do the slide show for my pictures but the screensaver doesn't work for pictures. I set the settings to slideshow on sleep and after 20min but all I see is the sage icon. Can i go into a INI file to see what it's set to? Does this need to be set at the server or the computer client?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
IR is part of the Sage core. New Suggestons are SageMC.

I to often get the same show recorded twice for specific series such as The Daily Show. I believe it is related to the info provided by the guide service. If the info varies for each broadcast, Sage sees it as a new show, even though it appears all the show data is the same.

Last edited by kricker; 01-18-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
IR is part of the Sage core. New Suggestons are SageMC.

I to often get the same show recorded twice for specific series such as The Daily Show. I believe it is related to the info provided by the guide service. If the info varies for each broadcast, Sage sees it as a new show, even though it appears all the show data is the same.
Is there a way to tweak New suggestions. OMFG its recording EVERYTHING. I like it but need to limit it to only 1 tuner at a time or only a certain tuner or new shows only. Hell, I may just turn it off and use filters to record certain shows, like Pilot episodes. Right?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to tweak New suggestions. OMFG its recording EVERYTHING. I like it but need to limit it to only 1 tuner at a time or only a certain tuner or new shows only. Hell, I may just turn it off and use filters to record certain shows, like Pilot episodes. Right?
I never enable IR just for this reason. I prefer to use SageMC's intelligent suggestions instead. This is a list of the shows that IR would have recorded if it was enabled. It can be sorted by category, which makes it far more useful in my opinion. You can get to the suggestions list in My TV >> Schedule >> New Suggestions.

If you wan tto use IR, there are a number of threads that discuss it. From what I have read, the first thing you should do is set aggressive negative profiling to true. You probably have to exit sage and change this manually in the sage.properties file (presumably on the server if you have a client/server setup). I haven't played with this myself so I'm not entirely sure. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-18-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
I have a simple question on customizing the UI in sageMC. I am currently running the liquid theme. On my sub menus, take music for example. I want to remove the text heading at the top but still keep the graphic heading "Music". Is this possible to do? Another example is in the guide, I want to remove "guide" and keep the graphic "television". This applies to all sub menus; recordings, music, guide, etc. I think this will look better with out the ugly text right on top of the graphic titles.

Any recommendations?
This can't be changed in the current version. I'll look into adding something for the next release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I never enable IR just for this reason. I prefer to use SageMC's intelligent suggestions instead. This is a list of the shows that IR would have recorded if it was enabled. It can be sorted by category, which makes it far more useful in my opinion. You can get to the suggestions list in My TV >> Schedule >> New Suggestions.

If you wan tto use IR, there are a number of threads that discuss it. From what I have read, the first thing you should do is set aggressive negative profiling to true. You probably have to exit sage and change this manually in the sage.properties file (presumably on the server if you have a client/server setup). I haven't played with this myself so I'm not entirely sure. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
THANKS!!! OK, I turned IR off. I had it set to aggressive but still was double recording (say my HDHR was already recording which i set and then an analog was record that IR thought I liked). K, see if that helps. I thought the IR and IS was one in the same, now I know they are different.

Hey, can you help me with the screensavers pictures thing. I set up in options under sagemc but still no screensaver pictures. something is wrong or not config correctly. I remember it worked briefly before I installed sagemc.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
THANKS!!! OK, I turned IR off. I had it set to aggressive but still was double recording (say my HDHR was already recording which i set and then an analog was record that IR thought I liked). K, see if that helps. I thought the IR and IS was one in the same, now I know they are different.
No problem.

Quote:
Hey, can you help me with the screensavers pictures thing. I set up in options under sagemc but still no screensaver pictures. something is wrong or not config correctly. I remember it worked briefly before I installed sagemc.
I'm not sure about this one. I happen to be using the slide show screen saver and it is working. The best thing I can suggest is to enable debug logging and let the screensaver activate. Then you can look at the log file and see if any errors appear. Check out flachbar's signature for instructuons on setting up debug logging. If you find errors, you can post the log file here and we might be able to track the issue down.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM

No graphics or themes

OK... I can successfully select the sagemc_169.xml file. It changes the display on my screen. Then I just see the menu items. I can't select anything "visually". Meaning no graphics. No background, etc. The weather/temp is correct as is the time. I go into the select them (under the settings) and I don't have any themes. I copied the folders as the instructions told me. I can see the themes folders. What am I missing? This product (SageTV/SageMC) is exactly what I've been looking for and I am trying to test is for a few days before I buy all my licensing. Can someone direct me? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by russgordyan View Post
OK... I can successfully select the sagemc_169.xml file. It changes the display on my screen. Then I just see the menu items. I can't select anything "visually". Meaning no graphics. No background, etc. The weather/temp is correct as is the time. I go into the select them (under the settings) and I don't have any themes. I copied the folders as the instructions told me. I can see the themes folders. What am I missing? This product (SageTV/SageMC) is exactly what I've been looking for and I am trying to test is for a few days before I buy all my licensing. Can someone direct me? Thanks!
Make sure you have upgraded your java to 1.6x
Old 01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by russgordyan View Post
Quote:
Make sure you have upgraded your java to 1.6x
What QueOnda said. Also make sure you downloaded the full SageMC install package and not just the latest development update.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have recently lost my commercial skipping on my server/client (main HTPC). The edl files are still being created properly but SageMC isn't seeing them anymore. I am pretty sure I've checked everything in SageMC correctly. The strange thing is that its still working perfectly on my extender...

What should I be checking? The UNC paths work since the the MVP works. The files are there. I recently was playing with disabling simple file sharing (not sure if the problem happened at the same time, but close) - could that have something to do with it? If so, how to I revert all my changes to permissions, etc, to default?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
I have recently lost my commercial skipping on my server/client (main HTPC). The edl files are still being created properly but SageMC isn't seeing them anymore. I am pretty sure I've checked everything in SageMC correctly. The strange thing is that its still working perfectly on my extender...

What should I be checking? The UNC paths work since the the MVP works. The files are there. I recently was playing with disabling simple file sharing (not sure if the problem happened at the same time, but close) - could that have something to do with it? If so, how to I revert all my changes to permissions, etc, to default?
The best thing is probably to enable debug logging (see flachbar's sig) and then play a recording that you know has an .edl file generated. Then post the log file here.

Aloha,
Mike
Closed Thread