SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just upgraded to MC 6.3.7 and the layout of my main menu items is "stretched" vertically. There used to be space at the very top and bottom of the list (using the MCE menu style) that was open so that as you scrolled through the menu items they never went all the way to the top/bottom of the screen. Now it stretched much closer to the top/bottom, with the result being that there's much more space between each menu item - much more than I would want. is there any way to modify this, or change it back to the spacing that was used before 6.3.7?
Scale the whole thing down (PgDn in the move/scale popup). If the menu gets too narrow when you do this, go to its customize button and there you can adjust the width.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Like some people above exporting my menu's is broken...it'll export what i have on my client but not my main sage running with server ...i have the latest JARs.

Also since I upgraded to the most recent version when I use options>aspect ratio on a video screen then select the aspect ratio...the ration switches however the option box stays on the screen, only until i right click my mouse does it go away(does not work with the remote).
Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

n/m

Last edited by flashbacck; 01-30-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

I got an issue and I am not sure if it was something I did in the settings or it appeared after I upgraded to SageMC (I used the full package).

It seem lots of my texts mostly in menu list is shorten and chopped off.

Example
When playback ended and I am prompt with a menu what to do with the recording and most of the time I select delete then I am prompted with another menu delete and set watch / wrong recording etc.

The "Delete and Set Watched" had been chopped down to "Delete and set wat..." and I recalled seeing the whole text in earlier SageMC version and it not the only one there some other options that been chopped down in other menus also some of my long recording titles in Schedule and Recorded show seem to be chopped down some too. I recalled seeing the whole title and plus the time it records or time it have recorded the show.

Like I said it probably something I did when I fiddled with the import thing or proabably somewhere in the setting and not SageMC and if that may be the case can someone point out where I could readjust the size the menu box so I can see the whole text again? I have looked at lots of settings but I am sure there lot more settings I have not discovered yet or overlooked.

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You have a couple of options.

1. Hit the guide button (ctrl-x on the keyboard) to toggle to fine adjustment. Then go ahead and adjust the positions until the y values matche.

-or-

2. Bring up the move/scale popup and press a number key to jump to the corresponding location on screen. (1 = top left , 2 = top center, 3 = top right, 4 = mid-screen left, 5 = center, 6 = midscreen right, 7 = bottom left, 8 = bottom center, 9 = bottom right) In your case, hit number 7. From there you can move it to the location you want. If you do this to both the recent and upcoming recordings objects, then they will both start out with the same location reference ( x = 0.0, y = 1.0) and they should then be easy to align.

This is an artifact of the way the ticker is animated. I will probably address it for the next major release, as it is pretty complicated. And yes, we will make it movable/scalable as well.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks!

Technazz
Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have loaded SageMC 6.3.7 on my STVX100 and my computer client. Everything works great but on the STVX100 the "RECENT" and "UPCOMING" text on the main menu is completely opaque. Is there a setting to adjust their transparency.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I have loaded SageMC 6.3.7 on my STVX100 and my computer client. Everything works great but on the STVX100 the "RECENT" and "UPCOMING" text on the main menu is completely opaque. Is there a setting to adjust their transparency.
I'm having the same problem, on both the HD & SD extenders. Clients work perfectly fine, just no so on the MVP or STVX100. It was suggested it was an older .jar file in the mix, but I'm only using the .jars from maybe on revision back of SageMC, and the .jars from the latest (with the updated import/export jar).
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another Attempt at an Answer

Mike and Dirk,

I am again pleading for help. I cannot get an external DVD player (TheaterTek) to properly launch from the SMC 6.3.7. They launched without problem from 6.3.6. Let me ask specific questions:

1. Did something change in the way SMC is sending information to external programs with this release?
2. Is there a way for me to see exactly what message SMC sends? I have a command line in the DVD command script that has %1 as the marker for SMC to place the selected file name. I would like to see what the message looks like when SMC adds the actual path to a selected movie.
3. Anyone who is using 6.3.7, are you able to use external programs?

This is a very important function for me. If I can't solve it, I will revert back to 6.3.6, but I would love to be able to enjoy the new customizations.

Steve
Old 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Did I break my Dynamic Menu

I copied the settings menu to the clipboard and then pasted into Main Menu but now I seemed to have lost the Set Icon function from Dynamic Menu "Edit Menu Item".

Am I crazy or just retarded?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

sagemc.jar error ???

I keep getting a pop up error dialog everytime I hit "Home" on my setup/navigate back to the home menu.... this is on my Main server, I have tried replacing the jar file with the latest version, I've tried the one in the earlier posting by Dirk (I think) and the one from the sagemc "update" download.

I installed sagemc 6.3.7 from the "full" download because I didn't have sagemc loaded since my last fresh install of sage. I am running java v1.6.0_03 and sage's info shows I'm running v6.3.7 on both sagemc stv and sagemc jar... I stopped the service each time and then tried to reboot the whole computer this last time, no luck.

This happened this morning out of the blue.. no changes, and I've been enjoying the sagmc stv for a couple of days without this happening.

EDIT:
I sure wish we had the ability to delete stupid posts, I figured it out. seems that I HAD tried to load a different theme this morning which didn't look right (no grphics showing up) so I tried closing and opening the sage gui... this put me "back" to the default sagemc theme (or so I thought), For some reason when I was trying the different jar files and opening the sage gui it was reverting to the default theme when it should have been loading the ITV theme that I was trying to use,... oh never mind, just know this--I was getting the error because when I extracted the ITV theme I took the folder straight from the zip file and put it into the "themes" folder under sagemc (in a sense breaking the file structure completely). So one could imagine the "weird" stuff that I was seeing... funny how sagemc saw the ITV theme anyway, oh well. sorry for the "false" error post, all is well now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagemcjar_error.JPG (36.9 KB, 267 views)
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 01-29-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Scale the whole thing down (PgDn in the move/scale popup). If the menu gets too narrow when you do this, go to its customize button and there you can adjust the width.

Aloha,
Mike
Excellent - thanks!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just upgraded to MC 6.3.7 and the layout of my main menu items is "stretched" vertically. There used to be space at the very top and bottom of the list (using the MCE menu style) that was open so that as you scrolled through the menu items they never went all the way to the top/bottom of the screen. Now it stretched much closer to the top/bottom, with the result being that there's much more space between each menu item - much more than I would want. is there any way to modify this, or change it back to the spacing that was used before 6.3.7?

EDIT - basically I want to do what PgUp/PgDn do, except for the vertical spacing instead of the horizontal.
Just a quick note. I found a few scaling bugs in the text menus. They will be addressed in the next maintenance release. At that point, you may need to rescale your menu back, but you won't have any issues with menu items being spaced too far apart anymore.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
I copied the settings menu to the clipboard and then pasted into Main Menu but now I seemed to have lost the Set Icon function from Dynamic Menu "Edit Menu Item".

Thanks,
Phil
A little of both The SetIcon function is still there, you just can't see it. Scroll to the bottom visible option and then scroll down once more, and you will be on it. The menu doesn't scroll, so if there are more than fit they are just offscreen and invisible!

btl.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question: does the new SageMC 6.3.7 require SageTV 6.3.7 installed first? and if I have SageMC 6.3.6b, I just need to use the update, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
Quick question: does the new SageMC 6.3.7 require SageTV 6.3.7 installed first? and if I have SageMC 6.3.6b, I just need to use the update, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
The numbers are all a bit confusing being so close. SageTV v6.3.5+ (i.e. at least the current official SageTV release) is required with the current SageMC release. If you have SageMC 6.3.6b installed correctly, then you only need to install the update to v6.3.7. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! As far as I know, it's installed correctly.

One other quick question - I'm using the BlueSteel Blue Two theme and there isn't a icon for Play DVD. Is it missing or is there just not one. I haven't tried another theme to see if they have one for that or not.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer

Thanks,
Phil

A little of both The SetIcon function is still there, you just can't see it. Scroll to the bottom visible option and then scroll down once more, and you will be on it. The menu doesn't scroll, so if there are more than fit they are just offscreen and invisible!
Thanks I quit sage and returned, somehow the "paste menu item to clipboard" was gone so I could now see the "Set Icon" selection.

I would like to use the puzzle piece icon on the setting button I pasted to the Main Menu, but cant seem to make that happen!

Found the the "hover_settings.png" file tried to set it using the "Set Icon" menu but no go!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited by splicer; 01-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
Mike and Dirk,

I am again pleading for help. I cannot get an external DVD player (TheaterTek) to properly launch from the SMC 6.3.7. They launched without problem from 6.3.6. Let me ask specific questions:

1. Did something change in the way SMC is sending information to external programs with this release?
2. Is there a way for me to see exactly what message SMC sends? I have a command line in the DVD command script that has %1 as the marker for SMC to place the selected file name. I would like to see what the message looks like when SMC adds the actual path to a selected movie.
3. Anyone who is using 6.3.7, are you able to use external programs?

This is a very important function for me. If I can't solve it, I will revert back to 6.3.6, but I would love to be able to enjoy the new customizations.

Steve
As I continue to try to solve this issue, I found the following in a debug log file:
Tue 1/29 21:35:18.557 java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCEdvd_player.cmd" (in directory "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Note that a \ is missing between SageMCE and dvd_player.cmd. SageMCE is included in the file name instead of being a folder in the path. I am attaching the entire log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (210.3 KB, 222 views)
Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Edit your properties file, with the service stopped, and make sure your path reads: ..\\SageMC\\dvd..

B
Old 01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Enabled menu sounds, caused hallucinations!

Either someone slipped me some really bad drugs, or something is messed up with menu sounds. I enabled them on my HD Extender's SageMC options, and then started moving through the menus. Didnt hear anything at first. Then I noticed a real faint sound as I was moving through the menus. Cranked my stereo volume up, no change. Then I realized the sounds were being played from my Sage Server PC's speakers in another room! While I can see the enjoyment factor of this if someone else is at the PC and I can send remote sounds to them, I really would prefer to hear the sounds from the HD Extender, and not from the server.

So is this a MC bug? Sage bug? Something else? I am not running service mode right now, just using the server's Sage GUI (which is a quasi-client right?).

Specs: Sage Server 6.3.7 (Windows)
Java 1.6.xx (the one that installed with Sage)
SageMC 6.3.7
Closed Thread