SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Lastly, I reverted back to default just to see if it would be seemless and it was but I was confused as to why I have 6 different SageTV3-#.xml. versions? I saw that SageTV3-6.XML was default for my server but SageTV3-5.xml was default for my HD-1000. What is the difference?
At some point you must have imported STVis into the default STV. Each time you import one it creates a new file numbering up.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh! So it's no big deal then as all I've been doing is importing Comskip after I upgrade to a new Beta or Official version.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
I have a strange behavior in my music player for several versions now. I can play a queue with several CDs worth of music and hit play. A random number of songs will play until after the last played song, the screen will go blank as if it reached the end of the queue even though there may be 50+ songs still queued.

I have no firm proof, but it almost feels as if the play reaches the last track on an album it automatically stops regardless of how many songs are still in the queue?

Sound familiar to anyone?
Check if you have "Update Music Queue" enabled in the global SageMC Behavior settings. If it is, disable it and see if it makes a difference...

Dirk
Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Bump in case this question was over looked.

Thanks in advance.
The data is actually stored in the wiz.bin file. Unfortunately, since the data is not stored with the files themselves. If the location gets moved on disk, you will lose your information and have to re-download. In addition, I have notice that when you first do an IMDB search it takes two passes for the info to stick. The first pass will download the picture and store the information. Unfortunately, the next time sage refreshes your video directories, it will see the new folder picture. When it sees this it re-imports the directory/file and all the properties stored in the wiz.bin will get overwritten. I second download will then store the information and it will stick. Perhaps this is what you are seeing?

There is also the ability to store and read .my files which may workaround this issue. I haven't played around with this enough to see if this is a valid solution.

-Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

As a follow on to my previous post. I wish we could update SageMC so when it stores the info downloaded from IMDB for movies it stores the rating. I assume that SageMC uses nielm's IMDB search plugin. Which means the information is available. If I use JREWiki's RW meta data plugin on the default STV it properly stores the rating in the wiz.bin. SageMC, however, does not.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm working on a "cheatsheet" of keyboard shortcuts as well as commands for SageTV. I know most (if not all) of them are in the PDF manual, but for my own "Monk-like" need for easy documentation I'm making my own, compact version that I'll share once completed. Reason I'm posting here is I wanted to see if there are any specific commands or keyboard shortcuts that are unique to SageMC. Anyone know of any or are they pretty much the same as what you have in the default STV?
Don't know if any of those are new to anybody, but here are a few:
  • in almost all screens: Custom1->My TV, Custom2->Recorded TV, Custom3->Movies (unless you have it mapped differently, e.g. ticker/ weather)
  • if "Channel entry" is enabled in the dynamic main menu options, you can enter a channel number from the main menu and SageMC will start playing that channel
  • "Info" in recordings screens: toggle watched bars
  • "Custom4" in Guide: toggle Guide by channel
  • "Options" while the Mini Guide is displaying: open options for Mini Guide
  • "Middle mouse click" on the 'Play' symbol of the OSD time bar: open stop dialog
  • "Mouse click" on 'Stop' icon in stop dialog: Stop
  • "Info" in 'Now Playing' menu: toggle Cover/Detail view
  • "Up/Down" and "Skip Fwd/Skip Back" in picture library (full screen view): advance to previous/next picture
  • "Info" in in picture library (full screen view): toggle picture file info
  • "Info" in 'Program Info' menu: cycle info none->ShowInfo->FileInfo
  • "Info" in 'Video Library' View: toggle online/offline icons
  • in most subfolder views (e.g. picture library, music library file view, 'Grouped' recordings): "Skip Back" brings you back to parent folder without leaving current control
  • Program Info (reached from a list of shows): "Skip Back / Skip Fwd" shows info of previous/next show in list
Dirk
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I just installed SageMC for the first time and I have to say it's very different than the default STV! I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it but I was struck by the many different options.

I was a little lost manuevering through the menu system and I did get the sense that a back icon would have helped as I use a wireless keyboard/mouse combination and I kept having to hit a back arrow key rather than using my mouse to click on something to go back up the menu hierarchy.
There is a "hidden" back spot on every menu in the upper left corner for mouse users. Or you can add a "Back" button to your menu if you are using the dynamic main menu. Or, last but not least, you can use Mike's great SageMC toolbar if you need more functionality.

Quote:

One thing that I don't know how to do is set-up the e-mail parameters. Where do I do that?
email is configured in the "mailaccounts.xml" in the SageTV directory

Dirk
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
There is a "hidden" back spot on every menu in the upper left corner for mouse users. Or you can add a "Back" button to your menu if you are using the dynamic main menu. Or, last but not least, you can use Mike's great SageMC toolbar if you need more functionality.

email is configured in the "mailaccounts.xml" in the SageTV directory

Dirk
Thanks for the assistance!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

A couple of ideas

Firstly thank you so much to the sagemc devs - sagemc is simply unbelievable. You've no idea how many media centers I've tried before finding the sage/sagemc combination. Also, the latest main menu config options are really the icing on the cake for me - incredible stuff!

As always though there are little things you'd like to tweak, here's my current list, looking to see if any of these might be planned/picked up in the main development or whether I should just have a go at customising mine:

- Settings menu option - Ideally once you've got things setup you wouldn't go there very much, so I'd rather not have this as a normal main menu icon. Is there any possibility of having it on the menu that comes up when you push esc on the main menu (currently only has 2 options to customise the main menu)?

- The exit sage text is cut off on mine for some reason - maybe the exit options menu can be made a bit wider

- You can rename the menu options, but this isn't picked up on the launched screen - eg if I change My TV to just TV, the My TV screen still has the heading "My TV". I understand the main menu is kind of separate in config terms from the rest so there's probably no easy way to do this.

- Conflict resolution: I'd like the guide to indicate shows which will not be recorded due to a confict (even once the conflict has been resolved) (perhaps using the unresolved conflict icon or preferrably a new "will not record" icon) - the same icon could then be used when showing the item on the "Schedule (conflicts)" screen for consistency.
- I like the way the standard STV shows the guide snippet on the conflict resolution page - I like this better than the text only description in SageMC - even if it was illustrative only (ie you cant click in it to manage the conflict). Was that just too much hassle to reimplement in SageMC?
- I've noticed after resolving a conflict the "upcoming recordings" section of the My TV page needs an extra refresh to show the final situation (maybe nothing can be done about this and it is just down to the time it takes the conflict resolution process to complete) it's not a big deal in any case...

- Ability to customise the size of the title logos (I've reduced mine from 1.0 to 0.85 as I just think the standard ones look too big)

Can I also make a suggestion - not sure what others will think of this - but maybe SageMC is big enough to warrant it's own forum under SageTV Customisations - that way we can post things in separate threads instead of posting everything in this one which is so big now no new user will ever trawl through and has many different conversations going at once.

Cheers,
Madz
Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I Just upgraded to 6.3.7 & everything looks great!! Fantastic Job guys !!

I am having 1 issue that I can't figure out tho...

Comskip has stopped working!! Cursor Comskip still works, the bar is there & you can see the commercial breaks, but automatic comskip simply will not work!

I've tried enabling & disabling it in the settings etc but no joy.

I even re installed 6.3.7 using the full package.

I'm running the latest RC 6.3.8 of Sage

If I load the stock STV & use the comskip STVI it works, So I'm stumped!!

Help!!

Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.

Last edited by 95TBird; 02-10-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using this on an extender by any chance?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep...

An STX-HD100

Am I missing a Trick ???
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Bug report:

-The Sort channels in reverse order option for the guide does not appear to be working in the latest version for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage User

Love SageMC, but I would like to be able to :

- Delete DVD's (dvd-video files that have been ripped to a folder)
- Press the 'Record' button straight on a program and have it add the padding settings. (Currently you have to choose record from the program menu for the pading settings to stick)
- When I record a program the channel settings is set to 'Any', instead of the the channel I chose to record on, ie. SevenHD. This causes the record icon to be added to the wrong channel sometimes. (Because I have Seven, SevenHD, SevenDigital2, etc)

Thanks again for an ace interface.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Sage User

Loving SageMC so far. Thanks guys for all your work on this
You probably already have this on the list but it would be great to extend the "unwatched" filter to the imported video library if it's possible.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
I recently rebuilt my HTPC due to bad mobo, and my video drives now have new UNC paths.

Most of the recorded shows show something like "The Daily Show - 10 recorded shows" (I forget the exact wording). However, when I go into that group, there are less than 10. I suspect that this may be due to the fact that sage still thinks that there are some episodes on the (now defunt/redundant) old UNC paths. I seem to remember something about recreating the path, but empty, so that sage will see it empty and remove the extra (non-existant) files from the wiz.bin, however, I don't remember exactly what the old UNC paths were.

Is there a way to find out where sage is waiting for those files to reappear so I can show sage there is nothing there?

Or, if there is another reason for this behaviour, how do I fix it?
I meant to mention this a while ago but I ended up fixing this by going into the webserver - it shows the file path and allowed me to delete the non-existant files from the wiz.bin...
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TBird View Post
Yep...

An STX-HD100

Am I missing a Trick ???
When the HD100 first came out there were a lot of people that had the same problem. I'm not sure what ever fixed it for them, but the chatter died down about it.....

You can try configuring the default on the server instead of from the extender - that might do the trick.

btl.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've never seen this ask, but it's something I would love to be able to configure. In sageMC I can activate a bar showing the amount of disk space available. Since I let sage auto-delete as needed it's useless for me sitting at full all the time. Is there a setting I can change that would include the Auto-Delete (already watched) shows in the 'free space' category? Then the bar would basically be showing me when I'm getting close to deleting unwatched programs which is all I really care about.

If it's not possible, can we file this under request for a future feature. I'm no coder but it doesn't sound that hard to make happen

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a direct command to disable comskip for a program being watched?
For example, currently, if I want to disable comskip while watching a show, I press enter and then scroll down to "disable commercial skip" and then press enter again.
I'm wondering if there's a direct command under all that so I could program a button on my remote so it's a single button click.
(I could create a macro, but I'm generally weary of macros that require scrolling.)

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage User

Hi All,

Love SageMC.. but im not using it 2 Reasons that bug me, but not sure if its just me or if its common.

1: Setting a Series to record. When I change Anytime to select a time.. it seems to only let me select one random time.. e.g. 13:45 and Anytime.. if I go out and back in I can select 1 more random time, e.g. 7:00 and Anytime. This is when shows are on 1st runs and reruns, and some are on twice a day.. so surely I should be able to cycle through all of the available times right? It works in default sage by just letting you select the hour that the show is on, rather than giving me a time.

2: Live TV is fine on the Server, no issues, but on the Client, I hit Live TV and it starts in the past.. dont know how it works this out, maybe from the start of the recording of the show thats on, but I then have to hit right skip a few times to catch it up with live TV..(For Example.. Im watching simpsons downstairs.. watch 80% of it and go upstairs to the client.. hit live TV and the client starts simpsons from maybe 20% of the way through and I have to skip skip skip to get to where I was live downstairs!) When I hit Live TV on the Default Sage on the client it does just that, goes to Live TV.. not 20 mins ago recorded Live TV.. Is this a feature or a bug or a configurable item?

Anyone know a fix for the above?

Thanks

Martin

Last edited by mfiltness; 02-14-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Closed Thread