SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Karl,

Sorry for the difficulties. Some of the things you mentioned are unavoidable consequences of some of the additions/changes that were made in this release. Here is a quick run down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
The layout system has gone bonkers on me. When I loaded the new stv my menus no longer looked the same. The recording and upcoming recording bars were moved off the bottom of the screen. Text in my icon menus was very small. The weather bar got very large.
The recording bars will be shifted down a bit. It was necessary to change the position reference so they don't move around when you increase the number of displayed items. Not sure about the weather bar. Did the object get large or did the contents get larger? Again some of the internal sizes may have changed when I added the new customizations. Can you reduce the size to compensate?

Quote:
When I try to snap an item to the bottom left or right sof the screen it actually goes off screen. Cloning the menu panel is not fully working. For example the text size is not carrying over, as well as many of the other various options.
The recording bars are now referenced to the top of the object, so they will go offscreen when you snap to the bottom. Sorry this was unavoidable. Could you describe the cloning problems?

Quote:
With fixed focus mode I can not edit each icon independently. Chaging the scale or position of any one of them changes them all.
There are two different editing items now. The first should still behave the same, allowing editing of each icon's size, position, and opacity. The new edit item allows editing of the icon contents. This will act on either all icons or allow separate editing of the focused icon, depending on your setting. Is it possible you are in the wrong editor for what it is you want to do?

Quote:
Also cloning the main menu to the dynamic submenus and vice versa is not working.

FYI, I am running SageTV in service mode.
I'll check this as soon as I can.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mike & Dirk :

Once Again Fantastic work guys!!

Thought you would want to know about this bug tho...

It appears that the new editing system for the freeform layout will not allow you to move the Icons anywhere past the center of the screen to the left.

I can force them over there if I go into the properties file & enter the appropriate coordianates...

Example

sagemc/MainMenu/FixedFocusIconMenu/FreeForm/Location2/xOffset=-0.440
sagemc/MainMenu/FixedFocusIconMenu/FreeForm/Location2/yOffset=0.0

But if I try to move one over there using the editor, it refuses to go into the negative x range.

-Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.

Last edited by 95TBird; 02-23-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I found that I missed to include a new "Lock" icon for the main menu settings in the install file. Copy the attached icon to SageMCE\Themes\Default.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: png locked.png (19.7 KB, 294 views)
Old 02-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

How to get to this screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecreative View Post
Thanks for the tips. I was trying to do this all in the wrong screen:

But I've since found the options for the main menu and was able to work it out.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

@95TBird

Grrr....

I know what happened. I'll get it worked out tonight. There is so much to check, some things slip through the cracks. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I think I have it working now. Try this STV. I'll send it off to Dirk to get the changes updated in the official release.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Download package has been updated with the changes.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-24-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quick question (I think). I'm writing another blog post - this time about commercial detection and how to set it up in SageTV as well as SageMC. My question is this, when setting up commercial detection for SageMC do you need the following:
  • Commercial Detection Program: ComSkip or ShowAnalyzer
  • File Monitor: DirMon or ComSkip Monitor
Am I correct that you need these two things with SageMC, but don't need the ComSkip Playback STVI like you do with the standard STV?

Another question is this, do people use DirMon with ComSkip or only ComSkip Monitor with ComSkip?

Thanks,

EDIT: I should note that I did set all of this up for myself not too long ago, but I didn't take the best notes and I tried so many different things through the STV and then SageMC that I can't remember what combinations were right or not for SageMC now. Bad memory and too much trial and error while playing around left me with a bit of confusion.....

Last edited by Brent; 02-23-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

@Brent

You are correct. Comskip playback support is built in to SageMC (both .txt and .edl). FYI, edl is the preferred format. It is much more accurate.

Dirmon can be used with comskip. It is a matter of preference. I use Dirmon2 + SA.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post

Thanks
Scat
The options to set up the Custom menu items only appear when the Dynamic Main Menu is disabled.

You will find it here:

Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Screen Specific Options >> Main Menu

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

This release doesn't seem to be retrieving the images from IMDB for the recorded TV shows.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

Is anyone else having problems with automatic compressing since upgrading to 6.3.7a? I cant get the compression to start automatically. I can manually do it, but I have all my favorites set to automatically compress.

BTW, I am using EP's video compressions.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

I reverted to 6.3.7 and it suddenly started doing the automatic compressing. I think there may be a conflict with MC and EP's compressions.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Ok, I think I have it working now. Try this STV. I'll send it off to Dirk to get the changes updated in the official release.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep, the download packages have been updated.

Dirk
Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Every time I rescan my video directories I lose the metadata that I imported from dvdprofiler. I have to use the dvd profiler refresh button to get them back. Does this happen to others?

-Mike

P.S. I've checked the logs with no obvious solution
Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

What is the proper way to add SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml to SageMC?

Could someone explain exactly the steps to add SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml to my SageMC?

Hers is the download link: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=126

It has a brief instructions
Quote---
Download zip file from this page
Extract the zip file in the root folder of your sageTV installation
Import the SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml in the detailed setup screen to install the plugin
Update the map titles and URL paths to your favorite weather images.
end Quote-----

But I keep locking up my machine and have to roll back a backup.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dynamic Main Menu = Enabled

With Dynamic Main Menu = Enabled
I don't see the Weather button, but
with Dynamic Main Menu = Disabled
I do see the Weather button and others.

Is this the way it has to be?

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
The fact that it is designed for a remote explains why the user interface seems clumsy. More than 1/2 the time, I use sage from my computer, so I'll spend some time at the link above .

The grouped + ordered by original air date I found in the Malore menu extensions that you enable with the "secret" code. SO, the work may already be done .

I've been using the new comskip interface that uses edl and it is much more accurate (why I was wondering).

Do you know if there's any problem switching between the 2 user interfaces by just switching .xml files in the advanced menu? (Between my old one and SageMC_169.xml?) Until I decide whether I really want to switch?

THANKS!
this link doesn't open what you think it should
http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

I see this all the time

Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have not tried the Weather Maps plugin but I can give you a working link.

http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/

Good luck.
Apap
Old 02-24-2008, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Could someone explain exactly the steps to add SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml to my SageMC?

Hers is the download link: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=126

It has a brief instructions
Quote---
Download zip file from this page
Extract the zip file in the root folder of your sageTV installation
Import the SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml in the detailed setup screen to install the plugin
Update the map titles and URL paths to your favorite weather images.
end Quote-----

But I keep locking up my machine and have to roll back a backup.

Thanks
Scat
This should already be built into SageMC and not needed as an import. You should see a "View Maps" button in the weather menu.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
With Dynamic Main Menu = Enabled
I don't see the Weather button, but
with Dynamic Main Menu = Disabled
I do see the Weather button and others.

Is this the way it has to be?

Thanks
Scat
I use Dynamic Menus and have a weather button. Make sure after you enable Dynamic Menus you go into the SageMC setup menus and enable the weather button. Or right-click the Main menu and enable it from "Custom Screen Layout".

Gerry

Gerry
Closed Thread