SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The options to set up the Custom menu items only appear when the Dynamic Main Menu is disabled.

You will find it here:

Settings >> SageMC >> Main >> Screen Specific Options >> Main Menu

Aloha,
Mike
Mike

Here is my SageMC setting screen
Old 02-24-2008, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
Every time I rescan my video directories I lose the metadata that I imported from dvdprofiler. I have to use the dvd profiler refresh button to get them back. Does this happen to others?

-Mike

P.S. I've checked the logs with no obvious solution
You should not be losing the metadata on a rescan. It should be stored and kept in the wiz.bin. Make sure the paths are correct for your DVD Profiler. The latest version store that data in the user's My Documents directory and you need to define that as the path. Make sure you're running as a user that has write permissions to your Sage installation.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
Mike

Here is my SageMC setting screen
So Scat,
From the screen you are showing, move your mouse cursor to "screen specific options" where it says "open" and click on it or press enter.
You'll then have an additional menu with a setting "dynamic main menu" that you can disable from there.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
This should already be built into SageMC and not needed as an import. You should see a "View Maps" button in the weather menu.

Gerry
Gerry

The reason I went to SageMC was to get this SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml because with it I can add multiple places.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Sage Expert

I am using the latest 6.3.7a version and love it. I noticed though that the IMDB auto lookup doesn't seem to be working as it did before. In previous versions, I would open a TV recording and it would download the cover art. Now with IMDB auto lookup set to All (as it was before), does not download the cover art for any of my TV shows or movies.

Any idea on how to fix this?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So Scat,
From the screen you are showing, move your mouse cursor to "screen specific options" where it says "open" and click on it or press enter.
You'll then have an additional menu with a setting "dynamic main menu" that you can disable from there.
Brent

I am trying to get to this screen

it was posted earlier
so I can change colors, fonts and menu names.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to disable Suggestions?

Is there a way to disable Suggestions under Recorded TV?

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Have you got @email working?

Has anyone successfully setup the @email in SageMC?

I have a hotmail account ( www.hotmail.com) and a account on pop-server.tampabay.rr.com, and if you have yours working please post your mailaccounts.xml.

Just change you real password, and email address with junk info.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Every time I rescan my video directories I lose the metadata that I imported from dvdprofiler. I have to use the dvd profiler refresh button to get them back. Does this happen to others?

-Mike

P.S. I've checked the logs with no obvious solution
Some more data with the problem. DVD profiler auto import works just fine the first time a movie is imported. i.e. there is no information already in the wiz.bin. In addition dvd profiler import works when I manually import for each movie, it also works when I use the DVD profiler refresh button. Unfortunately, every time I update the meta-data for a movie it updates the time stamp on the folder.jpg file when it copies the cover art over. With the updated timestamp the system thinks the movie has updated and will re-import the video at the next rescan. I can see this behavior clearly documented in the log files. This is the real snag, however, the meta-data for the movie will get lost in the re-scan. To get the meta-data back I must re-import the DVD profiler information, which in turn updates the timestamp on the folder.jpg, which in turn causes the movie to get re-imported at the next library scan, which causes the meta-data to get dropped. It's a vicious cycle . This problem for me is not specific to dvd profiler import, it also happens with IMDB import. Fortunately, I can get around it with IMDB import because it gives me the option to only save information and not the image which breaks the re-scan/re-import cycle.

-Mike
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Gerry

The reason I went to SageMC was to get this SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml because with it I can add multiple places.

Thanks
Scat
In SageMC go to View Maps amd press Options or right-click with your mouse. You can define any map for any place you want so you could have each map represent a different place. All you need is the link for that map.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Has anyone successfully setup the @email in SageMC?

I have a hotmail account ( www.hotmail.com) and a account on pop-server.tampabay.rr.com, and if you have yours working please post your mailaccounts.xml.

Just change you real password, and email address with junk info.

Thanks
Scat
Hotmail isn't going to work. It needs to be a pop3. The mailaccounts is pretty self explanatory and putting my credentials in there won't be explaining much. What isn't working for you?
Quote:
<void property="accountHolder">
<string>Big Gerr</string> (This can be any name)
</void>
-->

<!-- text you want to be shown as first line in each message header -->
<void property="displayName">
<string>first.last@comcast.net</string> (I just use my email address)
</void>

<!-- pop3 host, e.g. pop.zonnet.nl -->
<void property="host">
<string>mail.comcast.net</string> (yours would be pop-server.tampabay.rr.com if that is the name of the pop3 server you use.)

</void>

<void property="password">
<string>secret</string> (password for your pop3 account)
</void>

<void property="username">
<string>first.last@comcast.net</string> (I've just used the accoiunt name of first.last or whatever yours is-dropping from the @ onwards.)
</void>

<!-- Fetch only headers, does not mark the email on the server as 'read' -->
<!-- Optional, default is 'false' (fetch header and message body) -->
<!--
<void property="fetchHeadersOnly">
<boolean>true</boolean>
</void>
-->

<!-- optional protocol element to specify email protocol, one of pop3, pop3s, imap, imaps (pop3 is default) -->
<!--
<void property="protocol">
<string>pop3</string>
</void>
-->

<!-- optional port element to specify connection port if the default does not work -->
<!-- defaults ports:
protocol port
pop3 110
pop3s 995
imap 143
imaps 993
-->
<!--
<void property="port">
<string>110</string>
</void>
-->
Since it is a pop3 account the rest of mine is left with the defaults.

Gerry
Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Brent

I am trying to get to this screen

it was posted earlier
so I can change colors, fonts and menu names.

Thanks
Scat
I don't think you're going to get to that exact screen. If I'm not mistaken that screen is from a previous version before the last overhaul. You'll find those options throughout the current SageMC menu system.

Gerry
Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I am using the latest 6.3.7a version and love it. I noticed though that the IMDB auto lookup doesn't seem to be working as it did before. In previous versions, I would open a TV recording and it would download the cover art. Now with IMDB auto lookup set to All (as it was before), does not download the cover art for any of my TV shows or movies.

Any idea on how to fix this?
Don't know but I'm seeing this also. It might be IMDB is broken and needs to be updated for its scraping.

Gerry
Old 02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Don't know but I'm seeing this also. It might be IMDB is broken and needs to be updated for its scraping.

Gerry
Mike/Dirk - can you look into the way the IMDB auto lookup functions? It doesn't seem to be working properly in the latest version.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike/Dirk - can you look into the way the IMDB auto lookup functions? It doesn't seem to be working properly in the latest version.
Are you guys sure that you have that setting set to "All' ? I just tested it again, and it works flawlessly for me. If I set it to "All", it will try to download the pic for all shows, if I set it to "Movies" it will only download for shows with category Movie.

Can you shut down the UI and check the value in the properties file ("sagemc/imdb_lookup") ?

Dirk
Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Some more data with the problem. DVD profiler auto import works just fine the first time a movie is imported. i.e. there is no information already in the wiz.bin. In addition dvd profiler import works when I manually import for each movie, it also works when I use the DVD profiler refresh button. Unfortunately, every time I update the meta-data for a movie it updates the time stamp on the folder.jpg file when it copies the cover art over. With the updated timestamp the system thinks the movie has updated and will re-import the video at the next rescan. I can see this behavior clearly documented in the log files. This is the real snag, however, the meta-data for the movie will get lost in the re-scan. To get the meta-data back I must re-import the DVD profiler information, which in turn updates the timestamp on the folder.jpg, which in turn causes the movie to get re-imported at the next library scan, which causes the meta-data to get dropped. It's a vicious cycle . This problem for me is not specific to dvd profiler import, it also happens with IMDB import. Fortunately, I can get around it with IMDB import because it gives me the option to only save information and not the image which breaks the re-scan/re-import cycle.

-Mike
Which SageTV server version are you using ?

Dirk
Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
but Im just curious if the clone/export menu issue was fixed with this release. This is the problem thats affecting some people who are using the SageTV server as their primary machine (people who use sageTVservice and SageTV.exe). I didnt see any mention of it in the release notes.
Yeah, that was already fixed for 6.3.7 (I posted an updated JAR file in the forum), but it was never included in the download packages. The current downloads already contain this fix.

Dirk
Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Are you guys sure that you have that setting set to "All' ? I just tested it again, and it works flawlessly for me. If I set it to "All", it will try to download the pic for all shows, if I set it to "Movies" it will only download for shows with category Movie.

Can you shut down the UI and check the value in the properties file ("sagemc/imdb_lookup") ?

Dirk
Hi Dirk - I just shut down the UI and server and in my sageclient.properties file the property is "sagemc/imdb_lookup=true". In the UI the setting appears as "All"
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Dirk - I just shut down the UI and server and in my sageclient.properties file the property is "sagemc/imdb_lookup=true". In the UI the setting appears as "All"
Ok, simply cycle through the values in the SageMC settings: All -> Movies -> Disabled -> All and let me know if this fixes it...

Dirk
Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Well I restarted the PC and reinstalled Cygwin but it made no difference. The webtext version of any RSS still errors out. Anything that I'm forgetting?
Anyone out there who has successfully set-up RSS to be viewed with Webtext? If so, I would certainly appreciate it if you can help steer me in the right direction. I installed Cygwin but I still get the page not loading error.
Closed Thread