SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Anyone out there who has successfully set-up RSS to be viewed with Webtext? If so, I would certainly appreciate it if you can help steer me in the right direction. I installed Cygwin but I still get the page not loading error.
Please enable debug logging and post your log file.

Dirk
Old 02-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Ok, simply cycle through the values in the SageMC settings: All -> Movies -> Disabled -> All and let me know if this fixes it...

Dirk
Yep, cycling through the values and going back to "All" fixed it. Thanks!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Which SageTV server version are you using ?

Dirk
Running
sagetv 6.3.5
sagemc 6.3.7a
java 1.6.03
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Maybe this got missed. Since upgrading to 6.3.7a my automatic compressions aren't working. I reverted to 6.3.7 and it started working again.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

BUG: Show Folder For Single Videos

Hi,

Running latest version. In 'Video Options'>'Display Options' the 'Show Folder For Single Videos' doesn't work, it just shows the video file.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I don't think you're going to get to that exact screen. If I'm not mistaken that screen is from a previous version before the last overhaul. You'll find those options throughout the current SageMC menu system.
Gerry

Where do I change colors, fonts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
In SageMC go to View Maps amd press Options or right-click with your mouse. You can define any map for any place you want so you could have each map represent a different place. All you need is the link for that map.
When I go to View Maps amd press Options or right-click with the mouse, I only get to change the default city location, which is only one city SageMC shows.

What I want is to the option to check a list of cities, like Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New York, ect, and that plug-in would allow me to do this.

Thanks
Scat
Old 02-25-2008, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
When I go to View Maps amd press Options or right-click with the mouse, I only get to change the default city location, which is only one city SageMC shows.

What I want is to the option to check a list of cities, like Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New York, ect, and that plug-in would allow me to do this.
That plugin doesn't do that. This plugin was created before it was a part of SageMC and then it was incorporated in it.
Quote:
So I created a new page, accessed from the main weather page, that allows you to view up to 7 (that could be expanded) weather images from the
It is talking about showing up to 7 weather images (or maps)-not 7 different zip codes. Now you could create a map for each zip code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
Where do I change colors, fonts?

Scat
Those, I believe, are now controlled in the theme.properties file for the later versions. You'll find that in the directory of each theme. Mike has added some control of that with the Customize options of the Main Menu for some of Main Menu items.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
Some more data with the problem. DVD profiler auto import works just fine the first time a movie is imported. i.e. there is no information already in the wiz.bin. In addition dvd profiler import works when I manually import for each movie, it also works when I use the DVD profiler refresh button. Unfortunately, every time I update the meta-data for a movie it updates the time stamp on the folder.jpg file when it copies the cover art over. With the updated timestamp the system thinks the movie has updated and will re-import the video at the next rescan. I can see this behavior clearly documented in the log files. This is the real snag, however, the meta-data for the movie will get lost in the re-scan. To get the meta-data back I must re-import the DVD profiler information, which in turn updates the timestamp on the folder.jpg, which in turn causes the movie to get re-imported at the next library scan, which causes the meta-data to get dropped. It's a vicious cycle . This problem for me is not specific to dvd profiler import, it also happens with IMDB import. Fortunately, I can get around it with IMDB import because it gives me the option to only save information and not the image which breaks the re-scan/re-import cycle.

-Mike
Another update. I removed my wiz.bin and started fresh to see if something in the database was corrupted. After import it pulled all the dvd profiler information as I would expect. On the subsequent re-scan all the meta-data was lost. Not an issue with a corrupted wiz.bin. Now to start playing with settings in sage.properties to see if something there is affecting this behavior.

-Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Another update. I removed my wiz.bin and started fresh to see if something in the database was corrupted. After import it pulled all the dvd profiler information as I would expect. On the subsequent re-scan all the meta-data was lost. Not an issue with a corrupted wiz.bin. Now to start playing with settings in sage.properties to see if something there is affecting this behavior.

-Mike
More digging. Apparently the update of the folder.jpg timestamp is not the culprit. I attempted to disable the updating of the folder.jpg by specifying an invalid path for the location of the images. It worked in that my next dvd profiler import did not update the timestamps of the folder.jpg files, but the next re-scan still caused the video to be re-imported causing my meta-data to be lost. It must be something the dvd profiler import does that causes the video to be marked in such a way that it will re-import at the next re-scan.

-Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Is anyone else having problems cloning the main menu to the dynamic submenus and the reverse? It looks as some basic things clone over, but not the new advanced settings for each item on the screen.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Is anyone else having problems cloning the main menu to the dynamic submenus and the reverse? It looks as some basic things clone over, but not the new advanced settings for each item on the screen.
Can you give me a couple specific examples of ones that don't work? In fact, if you could save your layout and post it here, that would be helpful as well.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
It'll will be alter before I can get to the HTPC for the files but an example is the following:

I am using the icon menu. When I clone it over, only the fact that it is an icon menu and the menu's overall position is cloned. The size of the fonts, icons and anything else within the customize area of that option is not carried over.

Same goes for the upcoming and recent recording bars.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Karl,

I'll take a look at it tonight. I probably just did something stupid.....again.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

While you're looking at it, could you take a quick look at the automatic compressions?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I have two minor problems:
1. I use MCE style menus with the menu spacer enabled. When it first loads, the space is present. I have created a sub-menu where I access the settings, video conversions and parental control. When I access this sub-menu, and then come back to the main menu, but space is gone. It will not come back until I restart or go into the dynamic menu through main menu options, disable and re-enable the space, and save. It will not come back if I go into the customize main menu-text-customize and disable/reinable here.

2. I still use TheaterTek to play DVDs. I have re-enabled using this external program, but when I launch a movie, TT launches and immediately closes. This was working in 6.3.6b. Also, the command script has not changed and will launch TT if I open it.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Steve
Both of these issues are fixed in this release!!

Thanks for the hard work.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
More digging. Apparently the update of the folder.jpg timestamp is not the culprit. I attempted to disable the updating of the folder.jpg by specifying an invalid path for the location of the images. It worked in that my next dvd profiler import did not update the timestamps of the folder.jpg files, but the next re-scan still caused the video to be re-imported causing my meta-data to be lost. It must be something the dvd profiler import does that causes the video to be marked in such a way that it will re-import at the next re-scan.

-Mike
Well I finally have the solution. I decided to whip out Studio and play around and found some syntax issues in the sagemc STV which is causing the issue. Specifically, in the AddShow method in the Library Import View section of the STV I discovered that Language was miss-spelled as Lanugage. When I corrected this error my problem went away. In addition, the way Language was getting pulled from the collection.xml was wrong. I copied the entry over from the If View Mode section of "Library Import View" and I am now correctly storing the meta-data and it actually sticks. Would you guys be interested in me sending you the updated xml so you can see the changes?

-Mike

edit: nevermind, even though language was spelled wrong, it doesn't seem to be the cause of my problems. Back to the drawing board

P.S. I'd love to get my hands on the DVDPro2Sage class source. I have some ideas in improving the extraction of data to better handle multi-disc situations.

Last edited by ryttingm; 02-26-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Well I finally have the solution. I decided to whip out Studio and play around and found some syntax issues in the sagemc STV which is causing the issue. Specifically, in the AddShow method in the Library Import View section of the STV I discovered that Language was miss-spelled as Lanugage. When I corrected this error my problem went away. In addition, the way Language was getting pulled from the collection.xml was wrong. I copied the entry over from the If View Mode section of "Library Import View" and I am now correctly storing the meta-data and it actually sticks. Would you guys be interested in me sending you the updated xml so you can see the changes?

-Mike

edit: nevermind, even though language was spelled wrong, it doesn't seem to be the cause of my problems. Back to the drawing board

P.S. I'd love to get my hands on the DVDPro2Sage class source. I have some ideas in improving the extraction of data to better handle multi-disc situations.
I'm starting to get suspicious of how the data is getting passed to the "Library Import View". When you use IMDB or edit the metadata directly it uses the StaticContext command on Airing and then that airing is what gets associated with the new Show object that gets created. The DVD profiler, however, pushes Airing on a MediaFiles variable that then gets the StaticContext. I am suspicious of a pass by value vs pass by reference issue. I know I'm grasping at straws, but I'll have to run some more experiments tonight.

-Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Somebody please tell me if I've been doing too much crack...

I keep reading that animated weather maps are not supported and that it is not a limitation of SageMC, but of SageTV. I could swear that a year ago, prior to a catastrophic failure that initiated a complete hardware and software rebuild, I had them. I had moving satellite, infrared, and radar images that were animated gif files. I remember having to edit a bit of the properties file to configure the file locations, but that was all.

So tell me, was I on some kind of hallucinogenic trip or something? Please tell me I haven't lost my mind!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
I keep reading that animated weather maps are not supported and that it is not a limitation of SageMC, but of SageTV. I could swear that a year ago, prior to a catastrophic failure that initiated a complete hardware and software rebuild, I had them. I had moving satellite, infrared, and radar images that were animated gif files. I remember having to edit a bit of the properties file to configure the file locations, but that was all.
You are correct. I believe it was Cayars STV that had support for animated weather maps. It basically just cycled through a few static images. I'm not sure if its still possible, but it would definitely be a good feature to add back in...

-Dan
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
You are correct. I believe it was Cayars STV that had support for animated weather maps. It basically just cycled through a few static images. I'm not sure if its still possible, but it would definitely be a good feature to add back in...

-Dan
Cayars - that was it! now I remember. So, then, it would be possible with SageMC! Do I hear 'feature request'? Anyone else?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Closed Thread