SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
Are you even able to lookup TV shows? I cant get any TVshow information to be looked up via an IMDB search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Yup, TV shows look up just fine. The Cast info for TV shows doesn't work, but Nielm is aware of that issue. It appears that IMDB changed the format of the website again.
Are we talking of doing an IMDB lookup on a TV show with MC's default STV, or with nielm's addon? Because for me, in MC 6.10a (with genre fixes) I dont even have an option for IMDB search. It only appears for me on movies.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Are we talking of doing an IMDB lookup on a TV show with MC's default STV, or with nielm's addon? Because for me, in MC 6.10a (with genre fixes) I dont even have an option for IMDB search. It only appears for me on movies.
Yup, I'm talking about doing an IMDB lookup with SageMC 6.10a and without importing nielm's IMDB import. While in Program Info, hit the options button and you should see the IMDB search option in that menu.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yup, I'm talking about doing an IMDB lookup with SageMC 6.10a and without importing nielm's IMDB import. While in Program Info, hit the options button and you should see the IMDB search option in that menu.
Thats why, I dont have the options button mapped to my remote yet. I need to get that done!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Thats why, I dont have the options button mapped to my remote yet. I need to get that done!
Yup, get that done, the options button has some good options

Flachbar, any reason why IMDB Search is available in Program Info for Movies, but not for TV shows? It looks like the left side menu has the room for it.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would like to DISABLE 2 new features. Are there settings that I can enter to disable the poster lookups of TV items (is it coming from the IMDB integration?) (it is wrong too much where I am), and is there a way to disable the behavior of the music queue trying to remove each song as it is played? As for the queue feature, it is buggy for me. Sometimes it takes away the last song played and sometimes it does not.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Not working

I am running previous version of 16x9 and when pushing the dvd button nothing happens....

Last night it said there was no dvd in the drive and now today nothing happens.

If I load an external dvd player it works fine (but don't know how to load external player from within Sage either.)

I would rather just use the built-in player as I have to change remotes when using external player...

Any suggestions?
JD
Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

In nielm's IMDB search thread, STV Import: Imdb Search Interface (v4.0 31/Aug/2006) , jbuszkie posted a fix in post #85 that seems to fix the Cast and Backstage info problem for TV shows with episodes.

Just shut down Sage and overwrite the nielm_sageimdb.jar in the JARS directory with the new 9/9/06 version. For me, it did require Java1.5 instead of Java1.4, so be aware of that.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In nielm's IMDB search thread, STV Import: Imdb Search Interface (v4.0 31/Aug/2006) , jbuszkie posted a fix in post #85 that seems to fix the Cast and Backstage info problem for TV shows with episodes.

Just shut down Sage and overwrite the nielm_sageimdb.jar in the JARS directory with the new 9/9/06 version. For me, it did require Java1.5 instead of Java1.4, so be aware of that.
Yeah, you'll need that, at least until you can select the episodes in SageMC

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, you'll need that, at least until you can select the episodes in SageMC

Dirk
TEASE
Old 09-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

If I do a manual ImDB search find the right match should there be a save button so I dont have to search again if I record it?

Technazz
Old 09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

Found a bug in 6.10a,

I tried to configure my custom menus, but the Custom2 Menu Screen is tied to the Custom3 Menu Screen, whatever you do to one, changes the other in the menu options screen.

If you look in the .properties file, you'll see something like this
Quote:
sagemc/mm_custom1_name=Favorites Excluder
sagemc/mm_custom1_screen=Favorite Excluder
sagemc/mm_custom2_name=Sleep Timer
sagemc/mm_custom2_screen=Xtra\: Custom Menus by malore
sagemc/mm_custom3_name=Custom Menus
So, when you try to access the Custom3 menu, it doesn't do anything since it is missing the sagemc/mm_custom3_screen=

I was able to edit the .properties file and add in the line and point it to the proper screen and it works.

Quote:
sagemc/mm_custom1_name=Favorites Excluder
sagemc/mm_custom1_screen=Favorite Excluder
sagemc/mm_custom2_name=Sleep Timer
sagemc/mm_custom2_screen=Sleep Timer
sagemc/mm_custom3_name=Custom Menus
sagemc/mm_custom3_screen=Xtra\: Custom Menus by malore
Old 09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Feature Request - OA

Let me preface this by stating that, admittedly, I'm what my freinds and wife refer to as anal-retentive.

If I discover that there is a show out there that I enjoy and haven't seen, and is in syndication, SageTV is my savior. I simply set it as a favorite and watch the recorded episodes pile up. This is when the isssues start for me.

As much as possible, I have to watch the episodes in order. If I have twelve or twenty-three shows recorded, I have to grab info on each in order to check the OA (original airing) date. Could one of the sort options be to arrange the episodes within a series by OA date instead of by recording date? I don't know enough about SageMC to know if this is simple or hard, but I think it would be an appreciated feature.

Can anyone confirm or deny my presumption here? Would this be a nice feature, or a waste of programming time that could be better used elsewhere?

Thanks,
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
As much as possible, I have to watch the episodes in order. If I have twelve or twenty-three shows recorded, I have to grab info on each in order to check the OA (original airing) date. Could one of the sort options be to arrange the episodes within a series by OA date instead of by recording date? I don't know enough about SageMC to know if this is simple or hard, but I think it would be an appreciated feature.

Can anyone confirm or deny my presumption here? Would this be a nice feature, or a waste of programming time that could be better used elsewhere?

Thanks,
Hi Ted,

Good news! It's in there already. This was one of my first feature requests when Dirk began doing updates to SageMC. I had (and still have ) 117 episodes of 24 recorded and ready to watch and I wanted to watch them in their original order. It is a great feature.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Ted,

Good news! It's in there already.
Hey, I've got an idea, how about we all make requests for existing features!

I can't say that I'm all that surprised - I'm amazed at how much SageTV has changed since I started using it. I was thrilled with version 2 when it came out. SageMC and all of the customizations of the last 18 mos., however, have completely taken me by surprise - I'm overwhelmed with options!

Thanks, Mike, for setting me straight - you rock!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

For some reason, ever since I reinstalled Sage and SageMC, I couldn't enable watched bars. Couldn't find them anywhere in the SageMC options. I did see the color settings, but no enable for the bars themselves. I was able to edit the .properties to enable them so they work now. Is it missing from the options or am I just missing it?

A possible feature request...
Would it be possible to retain access to the filename and EP/SP### info that the stock STV has. Sometimes, the EP/SP info can help with tracking down recording issues, and the filename is important if I want to copy a specific show.

Another reason would be that sometimes Sage'll have a show recorded that means nothing to me, I don't use IR and it isn't a favorite or manual recording. A quick look at the filename will show me that it was recorded under a different filename as afavorite. But apparantly the EPG changed after the fact, so Sage realized that it was a misrecording and re-named the show in my recordings, but it still has the original filename.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For some reason, ever since I reinstalled Sage and SageMC, I couldn't enable watched bars. Couldn't find them anywhere in the SageMC options. I did see the color settings, but no enable for the bars themselves. I was able to edit the .properties to enable them so they work now. Is it missing from the options or am I just missing it?
Doh, you are right, they must have gone missing at some point. But they were definetly in there when I added that feature ...

Quote:
A possible feature request...
Would it be possible to retain access to the filename and EP/SP### info that the stock STV has. Sometimes, the EP/SP info can help with tracking down recording issues, and the filename is important if I want to copy a specific show.

Another reason would be that sometimes Sage'll have a show recorded that means nothing to me, I don't use IR and it isn't a favorite or manual recording. A quick look at the filename will show me that it was recorded under a different filename as afavorite. But apparantly the EPG changed after the fact, so Sage realized that it was a misrecording and re-named the show in my recordings, but it still has the original filename.
What did Ted say spot on ... request for existing features ?
Both is already in there ...

The EP/SP info (you mean the ShowID, right ?) is displayed when you toggle the additional info on the 'Program Info' screen (together with the watched bar) with the 'Info' button.

And if you press '1' on the same screen, it will toggle the last line between EP/SP and the filename. Dont ask me why '1', I just had to pick a remote button which had no function assigned. Ok, I admit that I never published that one since I didnt think anyone would need it, but I guess I was wrong ...

I love requests for existing features ...

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I am running previous version of 16x9 and when pushing the dvd button nothing happens....

Any suggestions?
JD
Hi JD,

which version of SageMC are you running ? And do you mean a 'DVD' button on your remote, or the DVD menu on the main menu ?

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
What did Ted say spot on ... request for existing features ?
Both is already in there ...

The EP/SP info (you mean the ShowID, right ?) is displayed when you toggle the additional info on the 'Program Info' screen (together with the watched bar) with the 'Info' button.

And if you press '1' on the same screen, it will toggle the last line between EP/SP and the filename. Dont ask me why '1', I just had to pick a remote button which had no function assigned. Ok, I admit that I never published that one since I didnt think anyone would need it, but I guess I was wrong ...

Dirk
Doh, I looked in Options while in Program Info, like the stock STV, but didn't think to hit the info button. Perhaps instead of using the '1' to toggle, have the info button toggle between all 3 options, normal, ShowID, and filename.

Quote:
I love requests for existing features ...
Yup, less work to do if it's already been done
Old 09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
I would like to DISABLE 2 new features. Are there settings that I can enter to disable the poster lookups of TV items (is it coming from the IMDB integration?) (it is wrong too much where I am), and is there a way to disable the behavior of the music queue trying to remove each song as it is played? As for the queue feature, it is buggy for me. Sometimes it takes away the last song played and sometimes it does not.
IMDB lookup can be disabled in the SageMC options. I'll add an option for the queue update in the next version.

So after the song has finished playing it sometimes does not get removed from the queue ? Hmm, do others see that too ?

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yup, get that done, the options button has some good options

Flachbar, any reason why IMDB Search is available in Program Info for Movies, but not for TV shows? It looks like the left side menu has the room for it.
For TV shows the menu adds a 'Record Series" button, and in certain situations it will then already reach the max number (7).

If I add it, I'm sure I'll shortly get a complain that sometimes the buttons get cut off ...

Dirk
Closed Thread