SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Your interface is not a mimic of the main STV. I don't think you run that risk at all.
Well, I actually meant that I dont want to model the conflict resolution design of the standard STV. SageMC itself is of course far away from being a mimic of the standard GUI ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
This is leaps and bounds beyond that!
Just a clarification as you might not know, mlbdude who created this great STV really deserves all the praise. It's his baby, I'm just helping out temporarily, trying to keep the interface as clean and simple as he intended it to be ...

Dirk
Old 06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Flachbar, a suggestion / feature request for you

I modify this stv so the Stop popup screen doesn't appear when I press stop during tv / video playback. I know a lot of people like it but I think there are a also lot of people who also find it a bit cumbersome when you just want to stop something playing. Would you be interested in adding this to your additions?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Hey Flachbar, a suggestion / feature request for you

I modify this stv so the Stop popup screen doesn't appear when I press stop during tv / video playback. I know a lot of people like it but I think there are a also lot of people who also find it a bit cumbersome when you just want to stop something playing. Would you be interested in adding this to your additions?
Can you share this modification, if he doesn't want to add it?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Can you share this modification, if he doesn't want to add it?
Not a lot to share TBH. Just an ugly hack of the stv - I'm not sure this is even the right way to do it but I found it did what I wanted.

Look at the 'stop' listener in the MC media player OSD section and link it to the command 'CloseAnWaitUntilClosed()' and then put a link to the 'Main Menu' as a child. I've attached a piccy of what this looks like. I've also done the same thing on the 'FilePlaybackFinshedHook' in the same menu.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp e.g..bmp (102.7 KB, 327 views)
Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there,

I am new to Sage and to the SageMC plugin. But I did notice some things that seem to be a problem for me (but I could be doing something wrong with settings).
Hi jds23,

before I reply to your questions, could you tell me which SageMC version you are using (I know it's a little confusing by now) :

- SageMC 5_10 (latest dev build by mlbdude)
- my SageMC Addon (obsolete)
- my newer STV dev build (ver 6_0 - 6_4)

If you are using one of my newer builds, you can go to the 'Settings' menu, and the SageMC STV version will be displayed on the right as the second item ...

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 08:45 AM

I am new to SageMC but have been using Sage for about 6 months now. Last night tried to load SageMC and then SageMC build 6_4. I am using a client computer. Sage loads and opens with the SageMC interface but with only the My TV button working. It will then go to live TV but won't let you leave it. Did I forget to do something in loading SageMC - the computer it is running on really doesn't do anything else and has very little other software on it. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi there,

1. When I start Sage, then hit my Guide button, the ChannellIcons and Text for Show descriptions are inside the TV Viewing box (the small one in lower left corner). If I go out, start Live TV, then go to the guide, the text and icons are formatted correctly. It appears that anytime there is no video playing in that small preview window, the formatting gets a bit messed up.
Hmm, never seen this before. Which theme are you using (probably doesn't matter, but who knows) ? Did you see this issue also with versions prior to 5.04 (I am still using 5.02, but again, just a guess...) ? Since you are already on the latest STV version, maybe it's something in the propery file, can you send me yours so I can try to reproduce it ?

Quote:
2. Start Sage, go to Live TV, go to channell 55 (e.g), then hit 65 & ENTER or the OK (Center button of directional buttons on MCE remote) and it appears to be toggling PREVIOUS CHANNEL. It then justs starts sending a bunch of numbers to my STB before it randomly stops on something. That is just the result of hitting 65 AND then PREVIOUS CHANNEL I believe? If the center button is for PREVIOUS channel, and my channel changes require me to hit the channel number and then either ENTER or OK, how would I go about that? If I enter a 3-digit channel number, it works fine, as it just go's there. Also, if I hit 065 (3-digits), it will tune properly, but can be kind of a pain. Maybe this is just design and I have to live with it?
Yeah, unfortunately this is by design. If you have configured Sage to use 3-digit channel numbers, you always have to input 3 digits for a channel change, even for the lower numbered channels. You could try to disable the 'Select=Previous Channel" command in SageMC (accessible from the options page), and see if this allows to trigger a channel change after you press select ...

Quote:
3. This is not an issue, but I just wondered if there is some way to have the "time display vertical bar" in the guide go from top to bottom like it used to in the other version of SageMC? It's that little narrow line that travels from left to right, showing current time in each show, while in the guide. Whne I changed the xml file, it is just at the top now.
I double-checked and found that this had already been changed in mlbdude's latest dev build 5_10. If it's easy enough, I'll try to resurrect it ...

Quote:
4. While I am in the GUIDE, there is no way to cursor over to the preview window so that I can press either OK or ENTER on it so I can then go to whatever is playing? Am I doing something wrong or missing a button? I have an MCE remote, and usually you can just arrow around til you get to that preview and click OK or ENTER, say like in the MAIN MENU, it works that way.
I dont think that has ever been possible in SageMC, but I'll double check with the original build tonight. This seems to be kind of a logical problem, because the arrow keys move within the guide, so they cant be used to cursor over the preview window ... If you called the guide while watching the show, you can simply press the guide button again to get back. You could also have the 'Live TV' command mapped to one of your remote buttons...

Quote:
5. Go to Guide go to e.g channel 58 hit ok, hit watch...watching live tv, then hit 112, watch for a few secs, then go to mini-guide by using down arrow, it (the mini-guide) is on channel 58 (the previous channel). If you let the mini-guide timeout (dissappear), then use the up arrow to bring up mini-guide, it is at correct channell, 112.
I'll check this out

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrb6
Last night tried to load SageMC and then SageMC build 6_4. I am using a client computer.
Hi wrb6,

did you install the SageMC base package (dowload here, installation instructions here) before you installed the new 6.4 STV ?

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 PM

I first installed the basic package [most current one I could find here] then installed 6.4. Didn't check with just the basic package and probably should have before adding 6.4. I can try that tonight when I get home. Does SAGEMC work well with Sage 5 - are there issues known that might do what happened to me? Maybe I should go to the other forum and check there.

Bill
Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrb6
I first installed the basic package [most current one I could find here] then installed 6.4. Didn't check with just the basic package and probably should have before adding 6.4. I can try that tonight when I get home. Does SAGEMC work well with Sage 5 - are there issues known that might do what happened to me? Maybe I should go to the other forum and check there.

Bill
Hi Bill,

yes it works fine with Sage 5 (I myself use 5.0.2).
Let me know if also you encounter the problems with only the base install.

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help with this flachbar! I am using the BlueTwo theme, I am also attaching my properties file and a jpg picture of the guide and how the text is formatting.
It's a setting in your properties file which is causing this... Go to Settings/Detailed Setup/Multimedia/VideoMenuOptions and select 'If Active / Window' - this will fix it

For the other issues, they will all be addressed in the next version

Dirk
Old 06-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Sage Icon

great additions! I come back from vacation and see a lot is going on. I really like the color coding in the guide and new icons. I asked a little while ago, and you seemed interested in possibly making the preview window a little bit bigger. Any thoughts on that?
thanks again,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-08-2006, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
great additions! I come back from vacation and see a lot is going on. I really like the color coding in the guide and new icons. I asked a little while ago, and you seemed interested in possibly making the preview window a little bit bigger. Any thoughts on that?
thanks again,
juc
Hi JUC,

you had a look at one of the latest versions (>= 6.3), right ?

Dirk
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

just downloaded it this morning. Won't be able to install it yet until tonight. I saw some of the screencaps though and that's when I saw the guide colors. Awesome about the preview window. Can't wait!!!!!!
Thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Sage Expert

I can't seem to download the latest STVi. The link on the first post just takes me to the forum download homepage?
Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

I did catch the reference, but after I got home and installed 6.4 I am not seeing a larger preview window!?! Is it possible this does not work on the MVP? I haven't had time to test it on my server yet. Can someone post a screenshot of the enlarged preview window. Its possible my mind's just playing tricks on me but it doesnt' seem any larger than before....
thanks,
JUC

Old 06-09-2006, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I can't seem to download the latest STVi. The link on the first post just takes me to the forum download homepage?
Sorry, this was still pointing to the old (now removed) plugin, I just updated it. Here is the correct link ...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I did catch the reference, but after I got home and installed 6.4 I am not seeing a larger preview window!?! Is it possible this does not work on the MVP? I haven't had time to test it on my server yet. Can someone post a screenshot of the enlarged preview window. Its possible my mind's just playing tricks on me but it doesnt' seem any larger than before....
thanks,
JUC
Hi JUC,

The attached pics show how it should look like (I chose the guide for a better reference, but you can set the same size on the main menus too) ...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small.jpg (53.2 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg large.jpg (48.6 KB, 315 views)
Old 06-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Sorry, this was still pointing to the old (now removed) plugin, I just updated it. Here is the correct link ...

Dirk
Brill thanks
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

That's wierd, I am not seeing the bigger screen on my MVP. Is there a property to set to adjust the size? Should it work on the MVP?
I'm using 6.4
thanks,
JUC

Closed Thread