SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Henk,

just post a response here and attach the file (the option is below the 'Reply to' form, "Manage Attachments"). You just have to upload one file, if you are using a client or SageTV in service mode, then it's SageClient.properties, otherwise it's Sage.properties.

And yes, favorites in SageMC are called 'Series', and the menu option 'Add Series' will let you manage your favorites.

Dirk
Okies, i have managed to attach both, as i wasn't sure which one you needed. I hope it helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (68.0 KB, 214 views)
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Important: A lot of the problems currently seen are caused by the following:

I initially thought that when people were talking about a sagemc.zip in the JARs directory that this is the one I attached as an update to one of the earlier posts here in the forum. I just noticed that it is also present in the current download file Please check your JARs directory, if you have a sagemc.zip instead of a sagemc.jar in there, stop Sage, rename the file to *.jar, and restart

Dirk
No ZIP's here, but not sure if my IMDB error above was included in this? Attached is a short log file showing a startup, navigate to my videos, unassigned, selected a video and tried to lookup IMDB data. Let me know if you see something in there, or need other info too.

Kirby
Attached Files
File Type: txt sageclient_1.txt (32.1 KB, 248 views)
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I initially thought that when people were talking about a sagemc.zip in the JARs directory that this is the one I attached as an update to one of the earlier posts here in the forum. I just noticed that it is also present in the current download file Please check your JARs directory, if you have a sagemc.zip instead of a sagemc.jar in there, stop Sage, rename the file to *.jar, and restart

Dirk
I had it in my directory fresh downloads last night. Renamed, will test tonight. This could explain the EDL files not working?

TIA

B
Old 10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk

I'm not at home now so i can't check but i don't think mine is related to this either. If it was, I shouldn't even be able to search or access the IMDB info would I? It just isnt' autoretrieving or saving pictures. I'll check though. I shouldn't have to install neilm's IMDB jars should I?
Thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
If it was, I shouldn't even be able to search or access the IMDB info would I? It just isnt' autoretrieving or saving pictures.
The IMDB search/access is done by nielm's code. I added the code for auto-downloading of the IMDC cover art, which is contained in sagemc.jar. So yes, if this jar is missing, you would still be able to search manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I shouldn't have to install neilm's IMDB jars should I?
No, the SageMC download should contain the latest version of nielm's jar file.

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I had it in my directory fresh downloads last night. Renamed, will test tonight. This could explain the EDL files not working?

TIA

B
Yep, it could ...

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
No ZIP's here, but not sure if my IMDB error above was included in this? Attached is a short log file showing a startup, navigate to my videos, unassigned, selected a video and tried to lookup IMDB data. Let me know if you see something in there, or need other info too.

Kirby
Can you check that

- you have the latest IMDB jar file installed (nielm_sageimdb.jar from 9/10/06)
- you dont have a directory net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb in your SageTV folder

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you check that

- you have the latest IMDB jar file installed (nielm_sageimdb.jar from 9/10/06)
Check!

Quote:
- you dont have a directory net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb in your SageTV folder
Check!

Next?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Check!

Check!

Next?
So you are still getting the following error,

Code:
			 				Failed when loading SageIMDB class: Failed to load DbBackend class net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.ImdbWebBackend
java.lang.ClassFormatError:
net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb/ImdbWebBackend (illegal constant pool type)
and the IMDB search doesnt work at all ?

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk,

Just a silly question. Do those jar files just have to be on the client, or do they have to be on the server too? I happen to have 6.13a installed on both server and client and everything is working fine. I know Kirby is running a separate server and client. Just trying to help with a little out-of-the-box thinking.

Mike
Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Same error, no IMDB at all. I had thought my TV shows were auto-IMDB looking up, but I was wrong, they appear to be grabbing images from previous show episodes (like Two and a Half Men from last week showed the image from this week. Manual IMDB fails there too.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Dirk,

Just a silly question. Do those jar files just have to be on the client, or do they have to be on the server too? I happen to have 6.13a installed on both server and client and everything is working fine. I know Kirby is running a separate server and client. Just trying to help with a little out-of-the-box thinking.

Mike
Just checked my server, the JARs are there, and same version. I will re-update the server with 6.13a just to be sure though. Dont think thats the issue though.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Same error, no IMDB at all. I had thought my TV shows were auto-IMDB looking up, but I was wrong, they appear to be grabbing images from previous show episodes (like Two and a Half Men from last week showed the image from this week. Manual IMDB fails there too.
I guess I'll have to ask Niel if he has any clue about this error, because I am pretty much clueless right now ...

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just checked my server, the JARs are there, and same version. I will re-update the server with 6.13a just to be sure though. Dont think thats the issue though.
Right, the JARs only have to be present on the machine you are running the GUI on, they don't have to be on the server (unless you use the UI on the server).

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Ok I fixed it. $100 to anyone that guesses how...

Ok, time's up! It seems as though I was using the newest JARs and the first 6.13a STV. re-unpacked the latest download, and the v60 STV was a different size.

So its working now, but I wonder what else isnt
Old 10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk, an addition that may shed some light.

Yesterday when installing the sagemc stv, i was working on my normal pc, that holds that sagetv service. I have installed the sagemc stv only on that machine.
I was just checking out the MVP, when i saw that this too has no upcoming recordings. On the MVP, only the original stv is loaded, not sagemc. On the mvp, i could see into 'manage favorites' and there was my entire list of favorites. The upcoming recordings should definetely show some recordings for today (i know these shows are on!). However, nothing shows.
My knowledge of sagetv is too small to know if this has anything to do with sagemc being installed on the server. Hopefully this helps you.

Sad thing is that i already missed a lot of favorite recordings in the process. For this evening i already put some manual recordings in from the guide. These manual recordings do show on 'upcoming recordings'

Henk
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

I performed a clean install of Sage 6, Malore SageMC, SageMC 6.13a, Mike's graphics on a client last night. When I finished I did not have the right time stamps on a few files.

Niel's IMDB.jar was from many moons ago. Also, his Sageutls.jar was stale. I don't know if you use the latter though.

I know have the latest IMDB, sageutls.jar (which btw is in the webserver package not in the IMDB one) and I am still not getting comskip info. My comskip settings are set to disabled for scanning and auto skipping. I am using UNC paths for everything, I am not seeing any of the commercial breaks.

The EDL files contain info, so SA seems to be functioning. I am out of ideas.

TIA

B
Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage Expert

When watching a google video, if you manually select to watch it full screen, is there a way to swap back to the smaller screen while the video's playing?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99

Sad thing is that i already missed a lot of favorite recordings in the process. For this evening i already put some manual recordings in from the guide. These manual recordings do show on 'upcoming recordings'

Henk
Hi Henk,

are you saying that not only the scheduled recordings dont show up in the list, but they dont even get scheduled to record ? What happens if you use the default STV ? I would strongly recommend to open an official support request, since SageMC should not affect the scheduling (which is entirely done by the core) in any way ...

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
The EDL files contain info, so SA seems to be functioning. I am out of ideas.

TIA

B
So did you try to rename the sagemc.zip yet ? I bet this is the issue ...

Dirk
Closed Thread