SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage User

Hmm, the other thread about possible feature restriction in Placeshifter has been closed, so I'll answer the user who asked about auto-logging in to Placeshifter.

Again, I think it's mystery that such an obvious and necessary feature has been left out. I'm sorry, I still think that Placeshifter has been made clunky to log into on purpose. There's not a person who uses Placeshifter who doesn't want to log in with a single mouseclick. Read the forums.

But here's a way to work around it:

1.) Buy a www.quickmacros.com

2.) Create the following macro:

Code:
run "C:\Program Files\SageTV\Placeshifter\SageTVPlaceshifter.exe" "" "" "" 0x800 "SageTV Placeshifter Servers Manager"
key vpn
key Y
wait 5 WC "SageTV Placeshifter"
dou 37 13 "SageTV Placeshifter"
key username
key T
key password
key Y
3.) In the Properties for the macro, select Shortcut. QuickMacros will create a shortcut on the screen that activates this macro, and Placeshifter goes through the entire login process automatically.

IMPORTANT: You need to ADD a connection, so there's a connection in the list immediately after load. My connection is called "vpn", so on line 3, the macro types "vpn" on the keyboard to select it. Also change the path to your Placeshifter player.

SageTV guys, as expected, you closed the other thread saying that Placeshifter and Client are simply different technologies, without addressing that without hacks to MPlayer, playback quality is significantly reduced. Sure they're different technologies. But I just still think that the clumsy login combined with the lack of smooth playback is plain weird. There's nothing that stops you from having shining playback in Placeshifter.

Per

By the way, it even starts Placeshifter in full screen.

Best,

Per

* merged with existing topic *
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

My question is does using this batch still use my connection settings that I have set up while using the placeshifter's normal shortcut and connect? this might be an issue because I have manually configured my settings for wireless.

I will try to look into this myself right now...

Thanks...! I LOVE THIS BATCH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage User

Hi there,

Yes, it uses the connection settings. I've found that it's often necessary after changing the settings, to quit and restart PLaceshifter for the settings to stick.

I should also add that I've tried the miniClient approach, and that actually doesn't work, because LM Gestion remote remapper doesn't work when Placeshifter is activated this way. For some reason, any remote control button remapping is bypassed when it's launched this way.

So the QuickMacros way is much better, and runs really fast.

Best,

Per
Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wait so Per....? I will be unable to map to a remote? or unable to use a remote on the placeshifter when i use the batch?

could i map the remote without using the batch then once complete use the batch?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Sage User

No, exactly not! When you use the "minijar" approach listed elsewhere in this thread, you're forced to always have a command line open in the background, and LM Gestion is unable to intercept the keypresses.

When you use the macro, it's the same as logging in regularly, except that it's automatic.

Per
Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have created a VPN for my network using openvpn... and now I can use this batch anywhere..... even over the internet....

MCE Remotes work because they use windows to send messages I believe.....

Last edited by The Truth; 02-12-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by perholm View Post
1.) Buy a www.quickmacros.com ....
You also may want to check out the free macro program http://www.autohotkey.com/
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage User

Now that v6.6 offers auto-login, can someone find a way to launch SageTV from a BAT file and then have it automatically login?

When I run SageTV from a BAT file using the code from this thread, the auto-login box is not an option...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage User

autologin from command-line

I too have the same issue.. autologin is missing from the login screen when launching from command-line with auto-connect. I tried specifying mac address and a few other guesses for what might be command-line parameters, but not luck. anyone know the method to automatically launch & login a placeshifter client?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Sage User

Question

So? Anyone from SageTV want to chime in?? Are you guys on vacation?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by band80 View Post
So? Anyone from SageTV want to chime in?? Are you guys on vacation?
It's a user-to-user forum. The devs don't follow every thread. If you have a support issue that requires a reply, contact support directly.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
It's a user-to-user forum. The devs don't follow every thread. If you have a support issue that requires a reply, contact support directly.
Yes but the devs could answer thus question very quickly and help a lot of people