SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Sage Expert

Polen,
How often does the problem happen? Every time you turn on MVP or only intermitantly? Does the MVP loose connection in the middle of a recording for example.

The reason I ask is that I have noticed sometimes I have to restart my server and turn on and odd the MVP in order for the MVP to find the streaming server.
This only happens rarely so I thought I might have weak router or something

I thought the problem was my network or router loosing its IP address. But you incendence report suggest Sage server is getting confused and that it is a bug in Sage.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How often does the problem happen? Every time you turn on MVP or only intermitantly? Does the MVP loose connection in the middle of a recording for example.
Everytime I turn it on.

My Server is on Windows Server 2003 where I have Routing and Remote Service turned on. When this service is turned on the server has another network connection for the Internal IP of the Routing service. This is much like having a mutil homed Server, that is a server with 2 or more nics on different subnets. The miniserver of SageTV is using the wrong IP to braodcast the MVP stream. When I turn off the Routing and Remote Services the MVP connects and works fine. Frey said that my issue would be addressed in version 5.1

-Polen
Old 06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage User

I have 2 older D3A MVP's that work fine hardwired with Sage 5.04. I purchased a Wireless MVP, it came with the 2.05 firmware. It gets the flashing screen Wired or Wireless. I have tried with Java 1_4_2_12 and 1_5_0_07 with no change. The D3A MVP's work fine with either version of Java. I also installed the Hauppage Software that came with the Wireless MVP and it worked fine Wired and Wireless. It really seems there is a problem with Sage 5.04 and this 2.05 Wireless Unit.

I have attached my Debug Log. If anybody has something to try, please let me know. Also I have put in a Support Request and will let you know if they tell me anything.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (37.3 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by bobvoeh; 06-04-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage

Are any of you using MAC address restrictions on your wireless access point?

If so, then you'll need to add 2 MAC addreses for the MVP. The MAC is different when it boots up initially vs. when it boots into SageTV. This is because in Hauppauge's firmware they use a modified MAC address for the wireless connection (SageTV uses the one the hardware actually reports).
Old 06-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUAviator
I'm having a similar problem with the constant flashing of the green SageTV screen on my Media MVPs. I have one first-gen MVP, 2 second generation. Restarting the SageTV service fixes the issue temporarily, until the next hiccup.

While this flashing is occuring, it seems that the MVP is constantly attempting to reconnect to the server on port 31099... I see a ton of recently closed connections coming from the flashing MVP. There have been occasions where two of the MVPs won't start, but one will (and it's the second-gen box, not the first gen box).

Network is all wired (no wireless MVPs), server is Windows XP SP2 running SageTV 5.0.4.92, Java 1.5.0_04.

Is anybody interested in seeing debug information from this? Let me know what you'd like to see.

Edit: Also...this started when I installed 5.0.3.
Please submit a bug report on this at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Sage User

MVP

I tried turning off the MVP server in Sage and installed the Hauppauge software to test it. Works perfect, pictures, audio and the video streams with no problems. So my guess is the problem is with Sage.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Are any of you using MAC address restrictions on your wireless access point?

If so, then you'll need to add 2 MAC addreses for the MVP. The MAC is different when it boots up initially vs. when it boots into SageTV. This is because in Hauppauge's firmware they use a modified MAC address for the wireless connection (SageTV uses the one the hardware actually reports).
I am using Mac Restrictions on the WAP, but as I posted above, my wireless MVP is not working on wired either.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage User

Flashing Logo Screen - HELP!

I've been reading through all these threads but no help. I just got the Wireless MVP setup with my SageTV 5.04 server. Took a while, but I stopped & restarted the server and finally got it running with a G connection. However, all I got was stutter. The picture looked fine but I couldn't actually watch a show. So I thought I would see if this was a wireless issue, but after running a 100ft CAT5 to my router, I onlt get the flashing logo screen. I cannot get anything more with either the wired or wireless connection.

Is this something that's being worked on? Not sure if I should hang on to the MVP for now or if it's not worth it.

Any help is appreciated. BTW, I turning the Windows firewall completely off and run XP SP2 with Sage TV 5.04. I have 3 clients wireless G connected on computers with NO probs.

Thanks,

JBW
Old 06-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the same problem with all my wired mvp's. I have no wireless mvp's but all the wired one's are flashing.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also had the same problem after initially installing the 5.0.4 update. I ended up shutting down sage, removing the clients subdirectory and deleting the remote.client.default (something like that) file in the SageTV directory, restarting and I got them all to work. I have a combination of 1 old style MVP and two new ones they all displayed the same behavior. A neverending boot that flashes the Loading Sage Media Center logo... All working now. My guess was that something in the .properties file was causing the behavior.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallis
I've been reading through all these threads but no help. I just got the Wireless MVP setup with my SageTV 5.04 server. Took a while, but I stopped & restarted the server and finally got it running with a G connection. However, all I got was stutter. The picture looked fine but I couldn't actually watch a show. So I thought I would see if this was a wireless issue, but after running a 100ft CAT5 to my router, I onlt get the flashing logo screen. I cannot get anything more with either the wired or wireless connection.

Is this something that's being worked on? Not sure if I should hang on to the MVP for now or if it's not worth it.

Any help is appreciated. BTW, I turning the Windows firewall completely off and run XP SP2 with Sage TV 5.04. I have 3 clients wireless G connected on computers with NO probs.

Thanks,

JBW
Did you modify the wired/wireless setting in the hauppauge options?

_Demo_
Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Flawless update from 5.02 to 5.04 with both MVP's and SageClient.

What happends when you do a fresh install using nothing but what sage installs??

Still problems with MVP when you do that??
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 06-06-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Flawless update from 5.02 to 5.04 with both MVP's and SageClient.

What happends when you do a fresh install using nothing but what sage installs??

Still problems with MVP when you do that??
Fresh install of Sage 5.0.4 produces the Flashing Logo Screen on my Wireless MVP wether it is hard wired or wireless. My 2 older mvps work fine.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvoeh
Fresh install of Sage 5.0.4 produces the Flashing Logo Screen on my Wireless MVP wether it is hard wired or wireless. My 2 older mvps work fine.
Could you do a bug report on this.

Thanks

_Demo_
Old 06-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_
Could you do a bug report on this.

Thanks

_Demo_
Done.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:08 PM

Freezing logo screen

I was anxiously awaiting my media MVP. However, I am having the exact same problem as the other posts.

On a wired network, it boots up and then hangs on the SageTV logo screen. If it doesn't get fixed soon, I'm sending this thing back.