SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I reinstalled sage 5.0.4 and the screen is normal once again (I knew there were icons next to watched, etc). I reimported all my stvi's again and all is alright in the world once again. Something must have damaged/changed the sage jar files....
Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

The real problem that I have is I am trying to use your DVD burning mod. I select Single File DVD. Shouldn't this show up under Other Programs? Probably not understanding how this works
Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok I see it transcoded the file and created the lnk, bat and burn file in the directory for other programs yet they do not show up in Sage. Help!

Here is my sage.properties:

mlbdude/other_programs=C\:\\Utils\\op
mlbdude/other_programs_cols=3
mlbdude/other_programs_rows=2

Here is my perl2dvd.prefs:

---- perl2dvd preferences ----
Sage Directory =C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV
Path to ImgBurn relative to computer doing burning =C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe
Image to show in "Other Programs" menu =C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg
Folder that "Other Programs" menu uses relative to computer doing transcoding =C:\Utils\op
Folder that "Other Programs" menu uses relative to computer doing burning =C:\Utils\op
DVD Burner drive letter relative to computer doing buring =F:
DVD menu theme folder (use 'random'to let the the script decide) =Images_bt
Work folder =D:\DVD

---- add2DVDQ preferences ----
Path to store mutlifile dvdlist's=D:\DVD
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Ok I see it transcoded the file and created the lnk, bat and burn file in the directory for other programs yet they do not show up in Sage. Help!

Here is my sage.properties:

mlbdude/other_programs=C\:\\Utils\\op

Here is my perl2dvd.prefs:

---- perl2dvd preferences ----
Sage Directory =C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV
Path to ImgBurn relative to computer doing burning =C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe
Image to show in "Other Programs" menu =C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg
Folder that "Other Programs" menu uses relative to computer doing transcoding =C:\Utils\op
Folder that "Other Programs" menu uses relative to computer doing burning =C:\Utils\op
DVD Burner drive letter relative to computer doing buring =F:
DVD menu theme folder (use 'random'to let the the script decide) =Images_bt
Work folder =D:\DVD

---- add2DVDQ preferences ----
Path to store mutlifile dvdlist's=D:\DVD
Hmmm... that all looks right to me. Two things to check.

1) Make sure that you completely shutdown Sage before you modified the sagetv.properties, including the service. If your not sure, shutdown Sage and reenter them.

2) If that still doesn't work, try creating a directory D:\temp and put a shortcut in there and see if it shows up in Sage.

Let me know how those two things go.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I figured it out! duh! I'm running SageTV as a service and running the UI on the same machine. I had to edit sagetvclient.properties not sage.properties.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI: I was a bit bothered with the lack of transparency in any .jpgs that I was using.

I tried using a .png file, it did not work. I renamed that same .png file as .jpg, and it shows up very nicely (note that I did not "save as" .png, but merely changed the extension).

Thanks so much for the plugin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Example.JPG (26.7 KB, 289 views)
Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any reason that this should not work with the MVP (extender)? I have the same lines in my SageClient.properties as my Sage.properties:

mlbdude/other_programs=C\:\\Launch_Other_Programs
mlbdude/other_programs_cols=1

It works on my server (SageTV), but not through my MVP. I did make sure to bring in the .stvi file as well.

Any suggestions? Or, does anyone confirm this (perhaps I am going crazy over here).
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Administrator

I'm curious - what are you trying to have it do? An external program won't be interactive via the MVP & if in service mode, it might not even be able to start another program anyway.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to restart my computer from my Extender. This is done through a tiny shortcut file that points to PS Shutdown.

I actually used to do this perfectly well with the Dynamic Menu Import (on the Extender as well). After a system crash, I either forgot how to do it (via Dynamic Menu), or the newer Beta of Sage somehow prevents me from doing this.

I was looking at this stvi as another possible way to accomplish the task.

EDIT: I just noticed that Nielm said that a bug has been introduced in Sage 5.0.4 that prevents this task. Roll back I suppose (sigh)...

Last edited by Tomahawk51; 07-03-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Finally an update!

v1.2.2
- BruenerXII modified the STVi to show upto 3 lines of text in each button and so that the pictures are streched to fit. I also added support for png's.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible to implement some kind of "auto-refresh"-feature?

Sometimes I wait for the img-file to be created so that I can actually burn a DVD.... maybe refresh every 60 seconds or so?

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Sage User

I've clicked to burn several DVD's but nothing displays in the other programs menu on SageTV.

If I open the M:\sageOthers folder I do see a Jpeg for the DVD I clicked to burn.

I change the Sage.properties file to look like this:

mlbdude/other_programs=M\:\\sageOthers
mlbdude/other_programs_rows=3

I save it then close it, I've reopened it to make sure it saved and yes it does still display the above. But after I reopen SageTV it defaults to this:

mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp
mlbdude/other_programs_cols=1
mlbdude/other_programs_rows=1

I've changed this and saved it 7 times now, even rebooted my computer. But each time it still defaults to that.

What am I doing wrong.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Before changing any properties file you have to close SageTV as well as the SageTV service in case you use it.
Otherwise your changes will be overwritten, I guess this is what you see.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severvip
I've clicked to burn several DVD's but nothing displays in the other programs menu on SageTV.

If I open the M:\sageOthers folder I do see a Jpeg for the DVD I clicked to burn.
I am also trying to set up the DVD burning modification. I am having the same problem. Am I missing something?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
I am also trying to set up the DVD burning modification. I am having the same problem. Am I missing something?
Is your problem that there are entires but no pictures or no entries at all in the Other Programs menu?

Also, you can name it whatever you like.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Is your problem that there are entires but no pictures or no entries at all in the Other Programs menu?
All I see, both before and after DVD processing, is shown in the attached picture. I simply do not see anything else, nor is the button a clickable item.

I understand how it works, so I was able to go to windows explorer to launch the burn process. Still, it would be really nice to have this ability present in Sage (as you intended).

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sage DVD.JPG (23.1 KB, 261 views)
Old 12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there anything anywhere they explains what the different color icons means? Red, Blue, Yellow, etc?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 01-01-2007, 01:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney
Is there anything anywhere they explains what the different color icons means? Red, Blue, Yellow, etc?

Thanks,
Brian
Red = Error
Blue = In the Process of Transcoding
Yellow = Queued
DVD = Ready to burn
Green = Click to start Transcoding (no longer used)

Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

You guys are all awesome! Thanks so much for your wonderful customizations and your tech help. My TV viewing world would be so much less without you great, sharing people.
Closed Thread