SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the same script and setup I was using before the re-install of everything.

The Lineups are set to "1:1" as they were previously, and that is the lineup number listed in the edit channels setup screen. I can't really figure it out... unless it is something about the new importer (I was using an older version previously.) But, everything is located in the same locations... all the setup is the same, it is just not working anymore.

Is there somewhere OTHER than the channels.xml file that the information is pulled from?? The info when I go into edit channels looks nothing like it does in the channels.xml file. Everything in the channels.xml file looks correct, and it is obviously not pulling from that file.

Last edited by grooves12; 04-13-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just reinstalled the importer... checked all the constants in the script, and everything looks correct, but it is still not working. The channel numbers are not taking in the importer, it will only use the ones I set up manually in the edit channels dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantes.inc
'XMLTV Files
Const sEPGFiles = "c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\source1.xml;c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\source2.xml"
'Lineup Numbers
Const sLineupNumbers = "1;1"
'Destination lineup
Const sFinalLineup = "C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\channels.xml"
Am I missing a setting that forces the importer to use the channels.xml, or is it supposed to do it automatically??

It is located in the imported install directory, and I even tried copying it to the SageTV directory.

Last edited by grooves12; 04-13-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Never mind... I figured it out. Something changed during a program update, or I used different install settings or something, because now the channels.xml needs to be placed in this directory on my setup: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer"

... and not the root install directory like it was setup to use previously.

Thanks, for updating the other script for me, I'll let you know how it works out. Not making the other change, is not a big deal... I haven't really noticed many issues with conflicts because of the differing program descriptions. I'll let you know how the new script works out.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Note : I updated the FixXMLTV.zip archive in this thread for your "movies" problem (hower I will not fix your "remaining dash" problem as it will mostely screw everything else in your XMLTV file).

Regards,
Stéphane.
I finally got around to trying out the new fixxmltv script and it is still not processing the movies portion correctly... part of the data is still being transferred over as an episode title just like it was before.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I finally got around to trying out the new fixxmltv script and it is still not processing the movies portion correctly... part of the data is still being transferred over as an episode title just like it was before.
In this case I can do nothing more to fix it. The script should not add any episode title, if there is a <category>Movie</category> node.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, well, thanks for your help anyways... it doesn't seem to be working. Here is an example of the output:

Quote:
<programme start="20070426093000 +0100" stop="20070426110000 +0100" channel="C18802.www.mtepgdplu.com">
<title lang="en">Borat </title>
<length units="minutes">90</length>
<desc lang="en">Movie. Sacha Baron Cohen, Pamela Anderson, Ken Davitian. (2006) Outrageous situations occur when a popular reporter from Kazakhstan comes to the United States to film a documentary. (73756) (CC)</desc>
<rating system="advisory">
<value>Language</value>
</rating>
<value>Strong Sexual Content</value>
</rating>
<value>Nudity</value>
</rating>
<rating system="MPAA">
<value>NR</value>
</rating>
<star-rating>
<value>3/5</value>
</star-rating>
<category lang="en">Movie</category>
<date>20060101</date>
<sub-title lang="en">(L,N,SC) ***+ - All Day (6:00am - 6:00am Eastern)</sub-title></programme>
Do you happen to have the older version of the script, as this one tkes a lot longer to run, and isn't giving any benefit. I forgot to make a backup copy before trying this one.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have been away from the importer for a while and am trying to get everything working again with a new setup... is this script still necessary for combining two different xmltv files into one lineup??

How do I get the new version of the importer to use this channels.xml??
Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have been away from the importer for a while and am trying to get everything working again with a new setup... is this script still necessary for combining two different xmltv files into one lineup??
No the version 3.x does get channels numbers from the XMLTV file (or from SageTV .frq files)

Quote:
How do I get the new version of the importer to use this channels.xml??
You can't channel lineups are done differently in version 3.x
Old 11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any way to accomplish the samE thing this script did easily
With the new version?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there any way to accomplish the samE thing this script did easily With the new version?
As I said the Importer will pick up channel numbers automatically from the XMLTV file (or the SageTV frq files).
Old 11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
As I said the Importer will pick up channel numbers automatically from the XMLTV file (or the SageTV frq files).
It will pick up channel numbers, yes... (not with one of my XMLTV files though)

but more importantly... how do I have it make one channel lineup, where one set of channels from an XMLTV file will replace the same channel numbers that exist in another lineup??

Basically what I am doing is this:

Using DVBDream to export specific channel information from a DVB stream...

Downloading Guide Data from Schedules Direct for my provider.

What I want to do is use Schedules Direct for all channels, except for the ones that exist in the DVBDream guide data. There is no easy way I can find to do this without having to manually go through and select and deselect hundreds of channels in the lineup for the schedules direct lineup. That was the main purpose of this script for me. (besides it getting the channel numbers right.)
Old 11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
but more importantly... how do I have it make one channel lineup, where one set of channels from an XMLTV file will replace the same channel numbers that exist in another lineup??
You can't do it automatically.

The channel list is now independant of the XMLTV files (whereas previously it was based on it). To create your lineup and combine channels from two sources (create your XMLTV sources first):

* Load channels from one of your XMLTV Source (the one with the greatest numbers of channels that would be Zap2it)
* The channel list will be build upon that list, it should have channel numbers as well as the right Xmltv data mapped.
* Update the Xmltv data mapping for those channels you want to use with the DVBDream xmltv source