SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question Actisys 200 and NTL Pace DI4000-N

Man I am so annoyed, I just can't get sage to learn the codes for my remote. I have NTL in the UK which has a PACE box Model DI4000-N, I have been trying to get it to learn the codes for two days, to no avail. I suspect it could be due to the Pace box using irda, instead of normal ir

Has anyone else had this prob??

Another contributing factor could be that sage often says it is unable to detect the infrared transceiver? I also get an error msg at start up of sage similar to this

Could someone please help, how do i first get sage to reliably detect the transceiver?

Cheers

Dan
Old 10-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

NTL are notorius for there variety of boxes around. I have a 4001NC and it works great, but that is not gurantee yours will work. A good way to find out is through GOOGLE, which will normally lead to some TiVO website where there are many discussions about what cable box uses which IR standard. If it uses the normal IR signal try and elimate Actisys problems by using another remote with it and see if that works.

I have moved to using a USB-UIRT device as another problem with NTL boxes that do work (at least with my model number) is that using other remotes near them causes the bit signal to be changed, which means it will not pick up the first signal sent to the box (such as the first channel number). This is easily fixed by sending a signal such as arrow right to the box first, but this can only be acomplished through girder.

Remeber NOT to install any actisys drivers that came with the device - Sage installs its own drivers which the packaged ones conflict with.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 10-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think i have a com port conflict to sort out first....... I just can't get to the bottom of it at the mo.

I have disabled com b in the bios which is actually on themotherboard, set com a at the back of the pc to Auto, disable the parrallel port , midi and game port, plus on board sound, etc, to minimise any factor that could be against me. Now i am looking to find a software conflict within windows.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does anyone actually know if the Actisys and Sage support IRDA remote controls for pace and suchlike boxes?
Old 10-17-2003, 01:01 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Does the information on this page help?

http://www.actisys.com/ac200-220.html
Old 10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, I should have said, does, sage support irda remote controls / signals? I actually already new the actisys does.

Thanks anyway
Old 10-17-2003, 03:49 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

We support pretty much anything. You may just have to use Girder for things we don't directly support. The only things directly integrated into SageTV are the following:

IR transmit - Actisys IR-200L (USB-UIRT transmit s/b in v2)
IR receive - IRMan and the USB-UIRT

Otherwise, everyone else uses Girder to interact with their appropriate devices.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:16 AM
Sage User

I don't have one of those set top boxes but the info on this page might be useful

http://www.letsautomate.com/10923.cf...TOKEN=77408586

Mark
Old 10-18-2003, 05:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do you have to use the red-eye?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Sage User

I don't have one of those set top boxes but the info on this page might be useful

http://www.letsautomate.com/10923.cf...TOKEN=77408586

Mark
Old 10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Sage User

I don't know if you have to use the redeye. I have a sky digibox which works fine with the actisys.

If your set top box can be configured to respond to standard consumer IR as well as (or instead of) irda you shouldn't need the redeye. You might find some more information in the forums at http://www.remotecentral.com/ because people there have been trying to get the pronto and other universal remotes to control NTL and Telewest STBs.

If you are stuck with irda then it looks as though the redeye might be the easiest solution (having never tried it I can't recommend it from experience, but the info on the web site looked promising).

The other alternative might be to use something like the redrat3 from http://www.redrat.co.uk/start.htm . It is a device similar to the actisys but it can send both consumer IR and the irda-control signals used by NTL and Telewest. The drawback is that you would need to use Girder as well because the redrat3 is not natively supported by SageTV (as far as I know).

Good luck with it! I would be interested to know what soulution you go for.

Mark
Old 10-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have now got my serial port working properly, but i am getting this error

Unable to open the IR transmit device using D:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\Common\as.ir200l.dll on Port 1

Sagetv does not detect the actisys on the COM1, but will detect it after several attempts using com2 option in setup

then when i manage to set it up and program it, it crashes after the third button i test!

any ideas?

Cheers in advance