SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Ah.. I missed the part about linking in the menu... got it now. Works great.

Can i get a link directly to SageTV Recordings from the main menu? Or do I have to go to Malore menus first and then SageTV recordings?
I've never done it except through the first menu. But with the proper parameters you should be able to create a direct link. I'll see if I can come up with a MenuItemLet for this sometime this weekend.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Note this plugin is already compatible with SageMC version 6.3.4 as far as I can tell. If you find something that doesn't work correctly let me know and I will see if I can fix it.

FYI: you can make direct links to any of the Malore menus with the Dynamic menu system built into SageMC - however here are some MenuItemLets that you can just cut and paste for each menu including the main menu:

Main Entry menu:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: Malore Menus" title="Malore Menus">
        <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
Recordings Menu:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: SageTV Recordings by malore" title="SageTV Recordings">
</sageMenu>
Archived Recordings:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Archived SageTV Recordings" title="Archived Recordings">
</sageMenu>
Guide1:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Guide" title="Guide1">
</sageMenu>
Guide2:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Guide2" title="Guide2">
</sageMenu>
Guide3:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Guide3" title="Guide3">
</sageMenu>
Recording Schedule:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Recording Schedule" title="Recording Schedule">
</sageMenu>
Premiere's & Specials:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Series Premieres &amp; Specials" title="Premieres &amp; Specials">
</sageMenu>
Upcoming Movies:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Upcoming Movies" title="Upcoming Movies">
</sageMenu>
Viewing History:
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Xtra: malore Viewing History" title="Viewing History">
</sageMenu>
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Bob.. I managed to link directly to the submenus.

I'm having a problem now with playing videos from the SageTV Recordings page. When I click play, I have it set to bring up the options menu (advanced), and then I click Play. The video will start playing but the options menu won't go away. I have to click Close, which brings me back to the Malore sagetv recordings page, then Home, then Back to see the video unobstructed. Any thoughts?

Also, the Back key doesn't work from the SageTV Recordings page to take me back to the main menu. I have Back as Left enabled.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I'm having a problem now with playing videos from the SageTV Recordings page. When I click play, I have it set to bring up the options menu (advanced), and then I click Play. The video will start playing but the options menu won't go away. I have to click Close, which brings me back to the Malore sagetv recordings page, then Home, then Back to see the video unobstructed. Any thoughts?

Also, the Back key doesn't work from the SageTV Recordings page to take me back to the main menu. I have Back as Left enabled.

Thanks,
Marc
Are you using this with the SageMC STV? This should only be used with that. The default STV has Malore options built in using the code number to activate.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks,
Marc
I'll see if I can reproduce this but as gplasky said this plugin only works with SageMC and the new version only with 6.3.4. So make sure you are on the correct version of SageMC as well. If you don't have 6.3.4 you will need to extract an old version in the archive zip file that is in the STV directory.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes I am using it with Sage MC 6.3.4 which I why I had to link in the SageTV Recordings menu to the main menu page.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes I am using it with Sage MC 6.3.4 which I why I had to link in the SageTV Recordings menu to the main menu page.
Didn't have a chance to test last night. Will try again tonight.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Not sure what I did wrong. So I imported this into the latest SageMC 6.3.4a. It all functions and I connected to the Main Malore menu. But when I go into I have no background, no highlight bar. Well-not really-the bar must be black. Because I can't see the text when I move it. It's like it is not picking up the theme pieces. I am not using the default SageMC theme. I'm using Myst and I didn't go back to default to see if that fixed it. It's weird.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Not sure what I did wrong. So I imported this into the latest SageMC 6.3.4a. It all functions and I connected to the Main Malore menu. But when I go into I have no background, no highlight bar. Well-not really-the bar must be black. Because I can't see the text when I move it. It's like it is not picking up the theme pieces. I am not using the default SageMC theme. I'm using Myst and I didn't go back to default to see if that fixed it. It's weird.

Gerry
I have the same problem it doesn't appear to work too well with SageMC 6.3.4a.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Gerry
I have not tested it with 6.3.4a so that is entirely possible. I'll see what to do to fix this and hopefully reproduce appelm's problem as well. May take a while but will see.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I have not tested it with 6.3.4a so that is entirely possible. I'll see what to do to fix this and hopefully reproduce appelm's problem as well. May take a while but will see.
There is a completely new theme implementation in 6.3.4 based on the default STV. This is almost guaranteed to break any existing plugin with UI elements. I know I had to do quite a bit or re-linking in my plugins, but I think it is well worth it as the new theme implementation is far superior to what we had before.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
There is a completely new theme implementation in 6.3.4 based on the default STV. This is almost guaranteed to break any existing plugin with UI elements. I know I had to do quite a bit or re-linking in my plugins, but I think it is well worth it as the new theme implementation is far superior to what we had before.

Aloha,
Mike
I know Bob tested on 6.3.4, and I can't imagine that any of the fixes in 6.3.4a would cause any new incompatibilities, but well you never know...

Dirk
Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Gerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have the same problem it doesn't appear to work too well with SageMC 6.3.4a.
I cannot reproduce this problem but I am using the default theme. I switched to each of the themes in the graphic below and had no problem with them. I will say however that this is not compatible with the new Theme-ing as it was still using the default MCE Theme even after I changed themes - so that is likely the cause. I'll see what I can do to fix that and hope it fixes your problems.

Quote:

I cannot reproduce this if you mean that you have "Display Options" selected rather than "Smart" selection or "Do Nothing" on the Malore menu options. If you want I will PM you my email address and you can email me your properties file and I will configure my Malore menus just like you have yours and see if I can reproduce it. Also I don't remember if you said but are you using the default theme for SageMC?

Quote:
"Back" with this plugin only takes you to the previous menu whether you use "Left" as back or a genuine "Back" command. I take it SageMC now has an option to take you back to the Main Menu instead of just back to the previous screen? I see something on "Back" on Delete but I haven't found anything to take you to the SageMC main menu yet. Or do you want to go back to the main Malore meu? That won't happen I'm afraid. When you jump directly to one of these menus it will only go back to the previous menu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageMCThemesThatWorkForMe.jpg (12.8 KB, 189 views)
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I know Bob tested on 6.3.4, and I can't imagine that any of the fixes in 6.3.4a would cause any new incompatibilities, but well you never know...

Dirk
There I go again! Sorry.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post

Dirk
I think I need to nuke and pave my SageMC setup and start fresh with 6.3.4+ because I think the problem is I still have directories with old theme layouts that is causing this. It works for me currently except it is not theme-able - always stays at the default MCE theme. Will try this on a different box then my development box and see if I can reproduce the problems above.

Edit: Yep that's what it was - leftover graphics or something. New install does the same as described above by gplasky. I still cannot get the "Display Options" to NOT disappear however. The FIX for this will have to wait until this weekend as I want to wait until I have more time to remove SageMC without disturbing anything else on my development box.

Sorry guys - bad testing. Will have to test my FCL pluging again as well now.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 10-03-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I cannot reproduce this if you mean that you have "Display Options" selected rather than "Smart" selection or "Do Nothing" on the Malore menu options. If you want I will PM you my email address and you can email me your properties file and I will configure my Malore menus just like you have yours and see if I can reproduce it. Also I don't remember if you said but are you using the default theme for SageMC?.
I've found I have this problem regardless of "Smart" or "Display Options". I am using the Blue Steel theme. Sure PM me and I'll send you whatever I can.

Quote:
Or do you want to go back to the main Malore meu? That won't happen I'm afraid. When you jump directly to one of these menus it will only go back to the previous menu.
Yes, that's what I was hoping to do. oh well.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I take it all back. I have it working now.

I saw the jpg you added with your themes and noticed Blue Steel is not one of them. I was a bit curious and checked what version of sagemc I was using and somehow I got rolled back to 6.3.3c. Anyway, I re-loaded the STV and strangely everything turned black. I was still able to operate the menus but background was black. I exited SageTV and re-started and then all was good again. I checked if the malore menus worked and when I play a video, it plays fine, as opposed to what was happening to me before.

Also, the Back key works. Ie, if I'm in SageTV Malore menus and I push the left key on my remote, it now does take me back to the main menu.

I haven't played with this much so I'll post if I have more problems.

by the way, are the other themes, like blue steel, not available anymore? I like that theme. It seems to be the easiest on my plasma (some of the others make my plasma buzz a bit ).
Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I take it all back. I have it working now.

I saw the jpg you added with your themes and noticed Blue Steel is not one of them. I was a bit curious and checked what version of sagemc I was using and somehow I got rolled back to 6.3.3c. Anyway, I re-loaded the STV and strangely everything turned black. I was still able to operate the menus but background was black. I exited SageTV and re-started and then all was good again. I checked if the malore menus worked and when I play a video, it plays fine, as opposed to what was happening to me before.

Also, the Back key works. Ie, if I'm in SageTV Malore menus and I push the left key on my remote, it now does take me back to the main menu.

I haven't played with this much so I'll post if I have more problems.

by the way, are the other themes, like blue steel, not available anymore? I like that theme. It seems to be the easiest on my plasma (some of the others make my plasma buzz a bit ).
All themes need to be updated to the new way of doing them so if that one gets updated then you can use it again. Edit: this is an incorrect statement they are available in the FULL package but not apparently in the upgrade package.

Also your comment about restarting made me test my system but I still get the same symtoms as gplasky describes even after a restart. Your black screen is most likely the same problem and I will update that this weekend when I can spend time re-installing SageTV and SageMC again. In the middle of something currently and don't want to loose it.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 10-03-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Corrected bad info
Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
BLue Two Blue Steel looks like it is included in the Full 6.3.4 package, but not the 6.3.4 upgrade package.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
BLue Two Blue Steel looks like it is included in the Full 6.3.4 package, but not the 6.3.4 upgrade package.
Just what I corrected my post to say.