SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

OK. I have completed changes to make this plugin compatible with SageMC version 6.3.4. It should still import to earlier versions but I did not test that so if you are using an earlier version and encounter problems either post here or upgrade. If this still does not work with 6.3.4 let me know and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Sorry it took so long but had a few hardware problems this weekend and wasn't able to work on this until yesterday and today.

It is available in the downloads section and is version 0.4.4.

BobP.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

thanks Bob.

All of my imports that I use are now SageMC6.3.4 compatible.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Works like a champ.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Will this plugin work with the newest version of SageMC if so how do I install it. I like the SageMC but I miss the Malore menus for the Recorded section.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
Will this plugin work with the newest version of SageMC if so how do I install it. I like the SageMC but I miss the Malore menus for the Recorded section.
Try it and let me know if it doesn't work. I am unable to test it currently so I don't know.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you just load it like its and stv then it does not work. I just got a black screen.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you just load it like its and stv then it does not work. I just got a black screen.
You did import it correct? Just want to make sure you are importing it and not loading it like you would with the main SageMC xml file!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I reinstalled SageMC and tehn re imported the malore menus and that seamed to work. Sorry about buggy you but I couldn't seem to get it to work I think with all the playing around with SageMC I messed up a file some where and needed to start from scratch.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I reinstalled SageMC and tehn re imported the malore menus and that seamed to work. Sorry about buggy you but I couldn't seem to get it to work I think with all the playing around with SageMC I messed up a file some where and needed to start from scratch.
Not a problem! I would test it myself but I don't have the newer version of SageMC installed yet and I won't be able to for a while. So was hoping it was something that you could solve and not an incompatiblity!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage User

Does this work the current version of SageMC (SageMC16x9 6.3.6b)? I'm having some trouble and am not sure if it's because I'm a Sage NOOB or just doesn't work with this version (I'm guessing it's because I'm a NOOB). I've imported the xml file and copied the the df_sageutils.jar file over the existing (am I supposed to do that?). Once complete I don't see the menu. I'm pretty sure I've imported it correctly (import SageTV application STVi) but perhaps I'm missing something.

Cheers,
Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

[QUOTE=superporky;255666]Does this work the current version of SageMC (SageMC16x9 6.3.6b)?
still on SageMC6.3.5, so dunno about that. But regarding
Quote:
copied the the df_sageutils.jar file over the existing (am I supposed to do that?).
You usually need to keep the latest version of the JAR. If the existing JAR is newer than the one included in the zip/rar, keep the existing one. If existing JAR is older, then overwrite. YOu need to do this with Sage shut down so that you can overwrite the JARs if need be, and so that Sage can load the new JARs on startup.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporky View Post
Does this work the current version of SageMC (SageMC16x9 6.3.6b)?
I believe so but I do not have that version installed and currently am unable to do so.
Quote:
I'm having some trouble and am not sure if it's because I'm a Sage NOOB or just doesn't work with this version (I'm guessing it's because I'm a NOOB). I've imported the xml file and copied the the df_sageutils.jar file over the existing (am I supposed to do that?).
As ke6guj said only overwrite the file if it is older than the one in this archive.
Quote:
Once complete I don't see the menu. I'm pretty sure I've imported it correctly (import SageTV application STVi) but perhaps I'm missing something.
You need to provide a link to the menu in SageMC. The plugin doesn't add it for you. That way you can put it any where you want in your menuing system if you are using the built in Dynamic menus.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Thanks very much, I'll give it another whirl and will consult the sagemc forum for info on dynamic menus.

Cheers,
Old 12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Sage User

On second thought, If you could provide step by step instructions on how to link the dynamic menu I'd be forever indebted. I can't figure it out.

EDIT - Nevermind, I sorted it out.

Last edited by superporky; 12-30-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Sage User

Ok I did this with version 5 and loved the malore menus but I am having the same problem. When I click on import aplication package it does not find any files when I click on Stv aplication package xml it finds the xml but then the screen goes blank? then I have to reinstall. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but I have not idea what to do
Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage User

Title overlaps diskspace bar

The screen shots on the first post show the Menu title a couple of inches from the top of the screen. For me it is at the very top and overlaps the diskspace bar (see attached). Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overlap.JPG (62.9 KB, 166 views)
Old 12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporky View Post
The screen shots on the first post show the Menu title a couple of inches from the top of the screen. For me it is at the very top and overlaps the diskspace bar (see attached). Any ideas?
It is probably having a problem with a background. I'll see if I can clear out my setup and reproduce the problem next weekend. Sorry I just can't get to it until then.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbaugh View Post
Ok I did this with version 5 and loved the malore menus but I am having the same problem. When I click on import aplication package it does not find any files when I click on Stv aplication package xml it finds the xml but then the screen goes blank? then I have to reinstall. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but I have not idea what to do
I'll try to generate install instructions when I see if I can reproduce superporky's problem. However I will not be able to do this until next weekend - sorry.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

The menu titles have been switched over to use the core animations in the latest version of SageMC. Plugins would have to be updated accordingly.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The menu titles have been switched over to use the core animations in the latest version of SageMC. Plugins would have to be updated accordingly.

Aloha,
Mike
And that is a change from version 6.3.4?