SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
It is probably having a problem with a background. I'll see if I can clear out my setup and reproduce the problem next weekend. Sorry I just can't get to it until then.
Thanks Bob, no rush. I love the menus, the overlap isn't a biggie. If it helps I'm using the latest ver of SageTV and SageMC.

Cheers.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbaugh View Post
Ok I did this with version 5 and loved the malore menus but I am having the same problem. When I click on import aplication package it does not find any files when I click on Stv aplication package xml it finds the xml but then the screen goes blank? then I have to reinstall. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but I have not idea what to do
I'm certainly no expert but I had what sounds like the same problem. It occured when I loaded this as a STV (Load STV). Instead it needs to be imported as a STVi (SageMC settings\Import STVi).
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Sage User

i tried that but it found no files to import
Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Also sounds familiar. I think when I tried to import from Detailed Setup\Advance\Import STVi there was nothing. I had to do the import from SageMC's setup screen My Menu\Setup\Import STVi. From there you can see the xml file.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Probably because you are going to Detailed Setup to import. When you do that you will be importing into the copy of the Default STV rather than into SageMC. You need to use the highlighted menu entry I highlighted in the graphic below. Go to settings menu but DON'T select detailed setup - select "Import STVi" and look for this.

However you may want to wait anyway as this is not 100% compatible with the latest version of SageMC. It IS compatible with 6.3.4 and I will be working on making it compatible with 6.3.6 but will not be util this weekend at the earliest. I am on 6.3.4 currently and I have to finish or at least backup my current setup before installing 6.3.6b - and I'm not willing to do that until this weekend!

Graphic of what to select in settings menu to import this plugin:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Import in SageMC.jpg (78.4 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

OK here is a SageMC 6.3.6b compatible version. If you have problems with it let me know otherwise I will replace the Download version with this in a couple of weeks.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 04-12-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Removed attachment since it is now in the download area
Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Sage User

Bob, thanks for all of your hard work!! Looks Great, no more overlap!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Sage Expert

Trying to install into 6.3.7

I can see the stvi when I do import and import it, but my menus don't change??

Sage was shutdown when I unzipped the plugin and then started it up.

Trying to use this on placeshifter client on Windows (server is windows.) Both are running Beta 6.3.9.

MC works fine and also imported the new mini-guide and it works fine.

Ideas?

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to add it as a menu item. Right click on a menu page and go to new-internal screen. If orgot the name but it should be obvious as you scroll thru.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Bob,

Is there a chance in the future of you adding the Alternate views in your version of the malore menus?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Bob,

Is there a chance in the future of you adding the Alternate views in your version of the malore menus?

Thanks
Yes. I planned on updating it to the current Default STV version but it will not be soon unfortunately.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Bob,

Thanks
Quote:
Yes. I planned on updating it to the current Default STV version but it will not be soon unfortunately.
It will be very welcome when you're able. Thanks Bob!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Is this compatible with SageMC Version 6.3.7a. I did the "Import STVi" and then linked it by going to the dynamic Menu and selected "new" and then "new internal screen" and then selected "Misc by malore".

I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Andrew
Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew54 View Post
Is this compatible with SageMC Version 6.3.7a. I did the "Import STVi" and then linked it by going to the dynamic Menu and selected "new" and then "new internal screen" and then selected "Misc by malore".

I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Andrew
Did you use the one in the post ~ 7 posts above yours?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage User

Well I initially used version 4.4 because that was what was in the download directory. But now I have used the 4.5 listed in that post and I still just get a blank screen after selecting it in the menu. Then after waiting I hit the Home button and I am back at the SageMC menus.

Were the steps I took in my prior post correct?

Is there something that I can look at?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Sage User

I figured out the problem. I needed to select "Xtra: Malore Menus" instead of what I selected, which I had mentioned in my 1st post.

I think linking on menus is new to most people and the above information would be helpful to put in the install directions.

Thanks again for the help,
Andrew
Old 04-12-2008, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
To access the main access menu you need to look for "Xtra: Malore Menus" to add to the Custom menu options or to My Menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew54 View Post
I figured out the problem. I needed to select "Xtra: Malore Menus" instead of what I selected, which I had mentioned in my 1st post.

I think linking on menus is new to most people and the above information would be helpful to put in the install directions.

Thanks again for the help,
Andrew
Actually it is in the first post of this thread as you can see from the quote above. But I will change the text to a larger font and bold to make it more obvious. And I will update the download shortly to be current.

Edit. download area is now current and the first post (instructions have been updated).

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 04-12-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

So I had always missed the Malore menus since I switched to SageMC...so I'm happy to have found this.

I imported it, and have created a new menu item to link to it. I can run through the Malore menus now fine.

However, I can't get back to the main menu. I would have through a left-arrow would get me back, but it doesn't. Is there a way to get me back to the main menu?

Also, is there a reasonable way to have this replace "My TV"? By that I mean when I'm watching a show, I can see the "go to my tv" item when I right click. Is there a way to make the "My TV" menus to now be replaced by Malore?

Thanks
matt
Old 04-13-2008, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
So I had always missed the Malore menus since I switched to SageMC...so I'm happy to have found this.

I imported it, and have created a new menu item to link to it. I can run through the Malore menus now fine.

However, I can't get back to the main menu. I would have through a left-arrow would get me back, but it doesn't. Is there a way to get me back to the main menu?
If you have "left as back" turned on you should be able to get back to other menus otherwise you need a button mapped to the "Back" command.

Quote:
Also, is there a reasonable way to have this replace "My TV"? By that I mean when I'm watching a show, I can see the "go to my tv" item when I right click. Is there a way to make the "My TV" menus to now be replaced by Malore?

Thanks
matt
If you use dynamic menus you can remove and add anything you want. The individual malore menus can be linked from the dynamic menus so you don't have to map to the main entry menu if you do not want to. I don't actually use SageMC currently so I may be wrong but "...I can see the "go to my tv" item when I right click..." I think you are asking if this plugin can replace the OSD option to go to "My TV" with an option to go to the malore menu directly. If so yes it could be changed to do that I suppose but I will not add something like that until I update it to the current code in the default STV for 6.3.10.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Sage Icon

Bob -

Left as back has always worked, and it's still linked in the commands setup. Still doesn't work, but I can just hit the "home" button on the remote to get back to the main menu screen, so it's not a big deal.