SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Sage Icon

Playlists

It doesn't seem that I have video playlists anymore from the Malore Recordings menu. Usually a right-click or "OK" on the left pane/show title would get me the option to send all the shows under that title to a playlist.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Matt
Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
It doesn't seem that I have video playlists anymore from the Malore Recordings menu. Usually a right-click or "OK" on the left pane/show title would get me the option to send all the shows under that title to a playlist.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Matt
I doubt playlists were available in the Malore menus from the Default STV version 5.0.4 which is what this is based on. I will be updating this to the Default STV 6.3.10+ in the future but it will be a while.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bob -

Left as back has always worked, and it's still linked in the commands setup. Still doesn't work, but I can just hit the "home" button on the remote to get back to the main menu screen, so it's not a big deal.
Not sure what to tell you as this appears to work for me but then I just use the button I have mapped to the "Back" command. I'll see what happens when I just use the "Left" command tonight when I get home.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I doubt playlists were available in the Malore menus from the Default STV version 5.0.4 which is what this is based on. I will be updating this to the Default STV 6.3.10+ in the future but it will be a while.
Fair enough. Much thanks.

Matt
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

There's a couple of places in SageMC that you need to make sure left as back is set. That change was made because of the new features of the custom menus.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I hoped to be done this weekend. I have the coding done for the update to the 6.4.3 default Malore menus and the Parallel Schedules. But I haven't had time to implement it in a STVi. So it looks like it may be another week - sorry.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is the update to the MaloreMenus for SageMC. They have been updated to the version in the 6.4.3 beta. It is likely that SageTV 6.4.3 or higher is required I developed it on 6.4.4 but I started when 6.4.3 was out so I'm assuming it is compatible with that version. I do not know if it would be compatible with 6.3.10 so if you have problems update to 6.4.4 first and try again. It will NOT import over itself or older versions so start with a fresh copy. Also I suspect that evilpenguin's Video Tools will need to be installed first if you are going to use them with this plugin at the same time. The version of SageMC for this is 6.3.7a or higher.

This has the default STV recording schedule in it and also my encoder names plugin for the parallel schedule has been encluded as well. I am going to put it in the download section after I hear back on any problems with this first. So please report any problems and I will fix them before I replace the current download section version with this one.

BobP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC Malore menusV1_0_0.zip (169.5 KB, 251 views)
Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

I just use the Series Premieres screen and it looks like it works good.

Thanks,

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Bob,

I noticed that if I have a video highlighted in Malore menus and I hit Play. It plays the video in a small window behind the show description. I have to hit play again in order for it to go fullscreeen. If I use My TV and I hit play it goes to fullscreen right away.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-07-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Bob,

I noticed that if I have a video highlighted in Malore menus and I hit Play. It plays the video in a small window behind the show description. I have to hit play again in order for it to go fullscreeen. If I use My TV and I hit play it goes to fullscreen right away.
That might be what the default STV does with it since the options menu is a option when you select it. But I will test it out tonight I hope and see if I introduced any changes from what happens in the Default STV. If it is working like the default I will see about adding it as an option this weekend. Otherwise I will fix the bug this weekend.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank You Bob,

Other than that minor detail they work perfect.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Bob,

OK yes the default plays in a window in the upper right when play is pressed. So I will make that a feature as well as fix the true bug. It should be moving the text to the right instead of leaving it on top of the video. I will fix that as well as making it go to the media playback screen as an option. Anybody not want that as the default? If so speak up now as I think that would be more in line with the SageMC way.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I've been playing with the new version of SageMC Malore Menus. It's working well and should make those that missed the malore menu functionality from the default STV pretty happy. Well done Bob!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any way, other than starting from a fresh SageMC_169.xml and reimporting everything, to get this into the file?

reason why:
I'm not sure I remember everything I've imported previously. No way I can cut and paste this new XML into the SageMC_169 file, overwriting the older Malore Menu information? Or is that just asking for trouble?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there any way, other than starting from a fresh SageMC_169.xml and reimporting everything, to get this into the file?

reason why:
I'm not sure I remember everything I've imported previously. No way I can cut and paste this new XML into the SageMC_169 file, overwriting the older Malore Menu information? Or is that just asking for trouble?

Thanks
Unfortunately I have no code to delete previous version so you would end up with multiple copies of each menu installed at best. You could open up studio and laboriously delete each menu and then import. However that might lead to problems if code I linked to becomes part of the old malore menus instead of remaining in the existing code. You would then delete code needed in other menus in SageMC. You could try rolling back versions and see what is missing each time until you no longer have the older version - making note of what is missing to reimport later. Otherwise it will be several weeks before I could create an uninstaller for the old version. In the future I would use this plugin to install your plugins then you don't have to worry about what you have and haven't installed. It will be listed in the configuration file. Any that you no longer want to use just delete from the config file add any new ones you do like.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 07-13-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: fix double "you"s
Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

OK, good idea. Thanks.

I could just install from scratch, and let the wife and kids tell me what's missing.

We'll see..... :-)
Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Well ended up working most of the weekend so didn't get much time to update this. Will get to it next week. I did get the play immediately done but want to add the sort by favorites and fix the text over the playback window.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I could just install from scratch, and let the wife and kids tell me what's missing.
I wouldn't do that! I'd just wait to see if I can come up with an uninstaller if you can't tell what you are missing. The new version should be easier to uninstall as the link points are all in one place but the old version had them scattered in the code.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just curious, I love the Malore Recordings Screen, and with the new Htext main menu in the new SageMC If I could link to the Malore Recordings screen I would love to do that. Is there any way to do this? And if so does the Malore Recordings Screen take on the color scheme of the SageMC theme?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Here is the update to the MaloreMenus for SageMC. They have been updated to the version in the 6.4.3 beta. It is likely that SageTV 6.4.3 or higher is required I developed it on 6.4.4 but I started when 6.4.3 was out so I'm assuming it is compatible with that version. I do not know if it would be compatible with 6.3.10 so if you have problems update to 6.4.4 first and try again. It will NOT import over itself or older versions so start with a fresh copy. Also I suspect that evilpenguin's Video Tools will need to be installed first if you are going to use them with this plugin at the same time. The version of SageMC for this is 6.3.7a or higher.

This has the default STV recording schedule in it and also my encoder names plugin for the parallel schedule has been encluded as well. I am going to put it in the download section after I hear back on any problems with this first. So please report any problems and I will fix them before I replace the current download section version with this one.

BobP.
Is there a reason that this newer version (1.0.0) hasn't been posted to the DOWNLOADS section yet (it still has 0.4.5)? Has anyone tested it with SageMC 6.3.8 yet?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR