SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
So far we are not able to link EPG to QAM channel, you have to manually setup.
Qian - Thanks, that seems to do the trick!
nishan
Old 11-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

WOO HOOO!!

Finally qam support?!
Is there any quick way to check if the local qam HDTV channels are encrypted? I think there is a law that they are supposed to be unencrypted, but I hear that the cable companies have no clue and encrypt it sometimes anyway. I live in San Antonio TX and use Time Warner..
Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Sage User

Kimper - At least in my case, I hooked up my cable directly to my HDTV set and did a channel scan. It picked the channels right up.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to see LINUX support for this device.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage User

Post SageTV - AutumnWave Technical Support

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I usually like to keep en eye on forums to provide any assistance. (For those of you who don't know me, I'm AutumnWave's Technology Manager... I handle most technical support issues.)

While I can't say that I'm a SageTV expert, I'd like to make myself available to the SageTV community. If there are any questions or ways I can help, I'm here to do so! (I will try my best to answer any/all questions.)

Thanks to anyone who has emailed AutumnWave and inquired. I believe I recognize some of you (lobosrul?)

Kimper,
I know the AVS Forum does have a lot of region-specific HDTV discussions. I found a San Antonio HDTV thread that may be useful to you.

oddjob, We'd love Linux support, too! '

Again, if I can be of any assistance to anyone here, please let me know!

- Ryan Pertusio

AutumnWave Technical Support
OnAir Solution North America
http://www.autumnwave.com/
Old 11-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does AutumnWave not ship to Canada? I wanted to purhcase one of these devices, but not only can I not enter my country in the address page, all of the shipping options are greyed out and say that the option is not available between "these two destinations".

This is unfortunate. I'd really like to buy one of these.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:19 PM

deria,

Try here:

http://www.copperbox.com/lite/default.php

They have a Canadian checkout.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Sage User

Thanks sgriffin for your reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Does AutumnWave not ship to Canada?
deria,
We do not sell directly to Canada at this time. However, there are 2 ways you can overcome this limitation:

1. Purchase from another vendor, such as http://www.copperbox.com/ or http://www.expansys.ca/
2. Have a friend in USA purchase the OnAir tuner, and have them give it to you.

Please also be aware that Digital TV broadcasts are typically only available in Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver areas, as well as anything that comes across the United States border. Your results will vary. I just thought I'd let you know, in case you weren't aware of this.

Thanks. If you have any additional questions or comments, please let me know!

- Ryan Pertusio

Old 11-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

well my GT arrived today and it performed as expected.
I have WOW (chicago) and I saw 200 range local channels and had all the music channels. So the Autumnwave software worked great.

However, Sage saw USB connection,but the QAM channels are not appearing. I get snow.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage User

oddjob,
Be sure to have the latest drivers (v1.2.5.4) for the GT. Anything earlier may cause problems.

- Ryan Pertusio

Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I loaded the latest drivers and I'm sure Autumnwave is working. Sage is not being user friendly for this device. I've tried multiple EPG options and can't seem to get Sage to cooperate. Not able to select channel to view Hidef.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob
I loaded the latest drivers and I'm sure Autumnwave is working. Sage is not being user friendly for this device. I've tried multiple EPG options and can't seem to get Sage to cooperate. Not able to select channel to view Hidef.
I think something is broke in this beta. My Fusion USB is having problems also. When I do a Fusion scan, it looks like only the channels that were found during my HD Wonder scan are linked to the program guide. Some of the other channels are found but only have the channel number listed. No guide info or captured data from the program stream.
I haven't had time to look into this problem and get the facts to submit a bug report.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Its working but video is jerky within Sage.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had time to experiment and discovered that Sage doesn't play well with the new Fusion 3.50.01 drivers. I had to revert back to Fusion v3.41 drivers. I am now back to normal.

Bug report submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfutscher
I think something is broke in this beta. My Fusion USB is having problems also. When I do a Fusion scan, it looks like only the channels that were found during my HD Wonder scan are linked to the program guide. Some of the other channels are found but only have the channel number listed. No guide info or captured data from the program stream.
I haven't had time to look into this problem and get the facts to submit a bug report.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Its been a few months since the last post in this thread, so I was wondering if this was still the best way of mapping QAM channels with the OnAir card in SageTV?

Also I wanted to have something cleared up for me. I know AutumnWave's own software doesn't support two OnAir cards at the same time, but I thought someone mentioned earlier in this thread that SageTV does actually offer support for two OnAir tuners at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
So far we are not able to link EPG to QAM channel, you have to manually setup.
Scan channel with “Don’t Use Program Guide Data” to get a frq file, then downloaded the EPG data for your cable provider, and remap physical channel as
“physcal_channel-major-minor” referring data in your frq file, or just “index” in frq file.

example :
xxx.frq file
#ch:index major minor program_id phyical_channel inversion qam-mod ctrl_bits(1:enable; 0:disable)
….
ch:43 18 3 3 161 0 0 1 #FUN
ch:44 11 1 3 165 0 0 1 #KTTV DT
ch:45 13 1 3 166 0 0 1 #KCOP DT
ch:45 0 1 1 168 0 0 1 #DTV68.0
ch:46 0 2 2 168 0 0 1 #DTV68.1

FUN mapping “161-18-3“, KTTV DT mapping “165-11-1” , DTV68.0 mapping “168-0-1”.
Or index mapping KCOP DT is “45”, DTV68.1 is 46, FUN is 43

Last edited by unimatrixzer0; 04-29-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage User

OnAir GT QAM support when?

So when will we see the QAM support? It seems like their should be a better way than some backdoor fix to get QAM to work with the OnAir GT. It seems like a really nice card, but the support for both Beyond TV and Sage is strangely lacking. It seems that the only hardware that they want to push is HDHR. What gives?

Brian
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use the GT for QAM (only actually) and it works fine...
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Sage User

Sage and QAM

Are you saying that you use it fine with SageTV? If so, then how do you do it?

Brian
Old 07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby1 View Post
Are you saying that you use it fine with SageTV? If so, then how do you do it?

Brian
I installed the GT with the latest drivers, selected it in SageTV as a device and did a channel scan searching for Digital channels. To be honest, I never had any trouble finding the channels in sageTV, it just took some time to get sage running smoothly, which is a whole nother discussion apart from QAM itself.

Also, I did have to "disable" all the channels it found that were not unecrypted to get it to work without crashing. THe scan finds a LOT of channels but only a choice few actually come in.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 07-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Sage User

I am interested in more of your setup. I am also using the latest OnAir GT software and drivers, but when I do a scan in Sage, it does not seem to want to do a digital scan. Does it take quite a while to scan? How long should I wait? Should you see the preview while it is scanning? The only way I can get it to scan at all it to go back and change it from digital tuner to tuner. Then it will scan my analog channels. Any other help would be appreciated. How bout it SageTV tech support !

Brian