SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Eckwell,

Are you using the On-Air GT with the 6.2 beta?

As soon as I installed it, the On-Air's stopped working and would never find channels on a new channel scan. Downgraded back to 6.1.9 and everything worked again.

Stacy
Old 09-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst View Post
Could anyone using the AutumnWave OnAir GT comment on their experience? Does it successfully record all of your available unencrypted QAM channels?
I have been using the OnAir USB HDTV-GT for more than a year. I use it mainly to view and record the unencrypted QAM 264 channels from Comcast Basic Cable. It works very well. I find a total of more than 100 digital channels that are not encrypted, although 65 of these are music only. The free channels include all of the Baltimore and D.C. regular channels plus MPT and WETA pbs channels. I live half-way between Baltimore and D.C.
I downloaded SAGETV yesterday, and so far I have not been able to use it for the QAM channels. I would appreciate any help, because the program looks very good.
Edit
I was using 6.2, and now I have dropped back to 6.1.9 as suggested above. I have been able to obtain QAM signals, but all of the encrypted channels plugs up SageTv causing a crash. I found that stopping the channel search after it loaded channel number 100, I could then view a few unencrypted channels in the 90 t0 99 region. Some progress, but I don't know how to obtain the useful channels. I did attempt to load a single channel, but caused a crash.
Any help would be much appreciated, and I will explore further.
Edit2
I downloaded 6.2.7 and now all QAM256 and QAM64 channels are stored (380 channel). Most of the channels are encrypted, and removing the encrypted channels was a chore, which AutumnWave software did automatically.

Last edited by knnirs; 09-05-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: New firmware
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM

Tuning Problems: No Signal

I just recently purchased the OnAir GT and it tunes my QAM channels like a dream in the OnAir TV software with a good signal/noise ratio (greater than 32db). However, even though SageTV detects all the same channels and I have remapped all these channels in SageTV to match the EPG, a few of them often lose signal and show "no signal". This is particularly annoying because then when I try to access the channel via the SageTV program guide or directly scrolling through channels, I keep just tuning the nearest channel with signal. Example. Channel 120-1 is ESPNHD and tunes properly in SageTV, but when I try to access channels above it such as 125-1 it just tunes ESPNHD again (should be ABCHD like in OnAir and on my Samsung LCD) The channels showing "No signal" in SageTV are mostly local HD broadcasts over QAM. They all work great both in the OnAir TV program and in my LCD TV's QAM tuner, with more than adequate signal. I even have a powered bidirectional signal amplifier installed on the cable line but it doesnt help with SageTV. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can fix this tuning problem. I'm running the trial version of SageTV v 6.1.9.146 and was thinking about purchasing it because of its interface and EPG. However, if it cant stay locked on QAM channels that have good signal and should be tuning whats the point? Please help!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Do you run any other SW while using Sage?

I noticed that if I'm converting vids for iPod or PSP using other SW, and then start SageTV, I get a blank screen - Sage doesn't do or display anything.

However, if I start Sage first, I don't have this issue.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

I am also having the same problems with beta 6.2

I have been in touch with Qian (Donkey on the forum) and he has sent me a new DirectShowCapture file after he tested and saw the On-Air missing channels and doing kind of the same things.

I have yet to test it because I'm still away on business.

You might want to PM him and ask him if he can post here so you can give it a try.

Stacy
Old 10-06-2007, 01:30 AM

Updates?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

Qian has been working like a dog to make these darn tuners work again.

I have a new test version to look at this weekend. We almost had it last week, but there was still one problem.

I'll post when we have a home run (no pun intended!)

stacy
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
I have a couple of these gathering dust, but I'd be happy to help out with any testing if there is need.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

I have, finally, completely given up on the On-Air GTs.

Every since I purchased a new PC with the Intel 865X chipset and Core2Duo CPU about 9 months ago, I have had nothing but problems with these devices.

Yes, there were problems with Sage under 6.2, but most of those seem to have been worked out.

The issue is the On-Air's locking the darn system up! At least once a day, we will do something very simple like browse through the EPG and the Sage UI will completely lock up. Or, a few times a week, it gets worse. All of Sage, including the Service, will lockup requiring a complete power-down of the server.

According to the folks at Sage, who have looked at my Log files until their eyes have fallen out, the On-Air's are locking up when they are asked to do something. What that something is, can be changing a channel or just to stop receiving.

AutumnWave, the makers of the On-air, have been absolutely no help whatsoever. I have posted and posted in their forum (I think it's on AVS forum) but always get told, they don't know why it's doing it.

I have always tied their latest drivers, but they make it worse. The newer the drivers, the more it locks up.

Anyway, I've been playing with an HDHR that's been gathering dust and it's seems to be MUCH more stable. So I guess I'll give that a try.

If you find out anything else, please let us know.

Good Luck!

Stacy
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I switched from the OnAir GT to the Hauppauge 1600 to get away from those lock ups. In fact, now if I try to do a channel scan, it locks up the PC when it attempts to begin the search. Everytime...
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Sage User

I am using the OnAir GT with the latest beta software 6.2.10 and I am having fits trying to get the QAM stuff working. It will scan analog fine and get all of the guide data. When I scan for digital channels using the Comcast Houston listing and it pulls in quite a few channels, but seems to grab random channels. On some scans it gets certain HD channels, and on other scans it gets others. Using the OnAir software I always get all of the QAM channels. Of course the guide data is missing, but that is a remapping story for later. I have not got that to work yet. I have had numerous lockups since installing Sage and I am getting very frustrated. I want to buy Sage, but it has to get better than this. I also have a Hauppage 1600 in another computer and have been following the problems with that, but that is another story too. I will eventually have both of them on the same computer in my HTPC, but want to get the OnAir set up by itself first. Any other suggestions.

Brian