SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

That sounds like a busted card? No amount of calibration would fix something that happens in a repeated pattern like that. It either looks like ass, or it looks ok, not jumping back and forth! Yowzah!

Sounds like my second (newer) PVR150 when it first tunes to a channel. It has this rainbow banding effect that gradually grows bigger and bigger until the image finally pops into proper color.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
After much invetigation it appears to be related to alot of things. For one the quality setting in Sage was set to 2.0GB/hr or something like that...once I moved it back up to 3.0GB/hr things looked 10 times better. Strange how such a slight change in quality actually made a huge change in the visual quality. Another things was it had to do with 3:2 pulldown. the soure was shot on film and given 3:2 pattern to get it to 30fps. So that's why it was a repetitve pattern. I looked at my source in virtualDub and I could see clearly what the problem was. I changed my 6150 drivers back to the the old Asus version and re-installed pure-video. Things are looking better so far. Now if I could just use the color calibration screen in Sage or have access to the advanced features of the card like MCE users get.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe having the recording quality set to 2.0gb/hr, was conflicting with the card's built in "media squeeze" technology or something too.

It sucks you had to revert to old forceware drivers though. I really wish nvidia would fix their support for 6150 chips (yet their drivers say they support that gpu, bah!).

Maybe you could be someone to write to nvidia and ask about when will SageTV support come about. Their 'ask a question' website finally works again, as I already bugged the hell out of them about the 6150 + 9x.xx = boxies bug. Lol.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah I've bugged them as well about the 6150 and issues with certain lcd monitors not working with them. They have quit responding to me It's like talking to a wall with it's back turned to you and it's head in the sand (...if walls had backs and heads)
Old 10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there still a problem running this card with an HD tuner such as the VBox 151? Last I heard any Vixs card (including the DualTV) was causing instability with HD cards.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundansx
Is there still a problem running this card with an HD tuner such as the VBox 151? Last I heard any Vixs card (including the DualTV) was causing instability with HD cards.
The VistaView Sabre 2020 is a ViXS based card (on the PCI-e bus) that has NO problems with any HD cards.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

Dangit....had I known about that tuner I would have gotten it instead! Anyone want a nVidia DualTV?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Dangit....had I known about that tuner I would have gotten it instead! Anyone want a nVidia DualTV?
Hi kricker,

Yes, in fact I do want a DualTV. If you are serious about selling it, PM me.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 10-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleHat
Welp, if anyone has input, I'd love to hear it! Thanks.
I have one and it works perfectly for me. The picture using purevideo is perfect and setup was a breeze.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jynxed, do you have a hd card in the system?
thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage User

The DualTV is the only capture card I have. However, I have heard of the problem your referring to. I hear it is only a problem if you have an Nforce chipset though.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Sage User

My dualtv has worked swimmingly. The one problem is I run XP home, and therefore, I can't change the settings any. THEY NEED CHANGING. The Saturation is set wayyyyy too high on mine and it creates a bit of a "flicker" effect on my end. The only thing that mends it is turning down the overall saturation.

Anyone know if the MCE settings carry over to sage? I'm tempted to get MCE just so I can mess with the settings and switch back into sage to record and watch :-P. I'll probably start another thread about that...
Old 11-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

I also need to adjust settings for the DualTV, but for me it seems impossible in Sage. You can change them, but they just revert right back after closing the calibration controls. I have to adjust my decoder to compensate for it, but not a true fix. This also means all other videos that use that decoder are adjusted too.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Sage User

Exactly, it's unfortunate because I know what problems I'm having with quality would be solved if I could edit the card's actual settings.

If getting MCE is what I need to do, I'll do it and take the current version of xp that my dvr is running and put it on my macbook :-P I was planning on getting a copy of xp for my macbook anyway, might as well shell out an extra few bucks, and do a little shuffling. I'm gonna start another thread relating to this specific question.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where are those settings saved ? Obviously they have to be saved somewhere... not on the hardware itself, right?

We need to find out where MCE saves the settings, then go manually enter them ourselves to make the card work better with sage, as apparently sage doesnt know where to save the settings to make them stick.

Or am I smoking weed on the issue .... lol
Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

I have searched high and low for those settings. I can not find them anywhere. I assume they are in the registry, and if they are they are hidden very well.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage User

Well, from my reading it is my assumption that within MCE you actually change the driver's settings, rather than MCE settings. If that's true, it seems that those changes would carry over to a sage installation on that same machine. Afterall, it's not as if sage would have any reason to overpower settings with any other hardware, so why would it with the DualTV?

And like you mentioned, perhaps if we were able to find where the settings are edited we could change the values ourselves on non mce set-ups.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...60&postcount=2

samples of what I capture, and why I am not having much fun with my DualTV with lack of calibration.