SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I took a look at the log file and Sage deleted the .avi files to free up space for a recording. I assume Sage isn't supposed to do this if the favorite is set to never allow Sage to delete any episodes of the show.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
This just happened to me as well. I lost over 20 of my World Series of Poker recordings, and they were set to NOT delete..ever. I am a bit bummed.. And the real funny thing is I had over 250 gigs of FREE space on the server, and it deleted them on a network drive that was under 40 gigs free, and that drive is not even part of the recording drives.
Ouch and I thought I was bummed. Were your's transcoded files?

I filed a bug report, but it looks like you need to as well since your problem seems a little different. I thought mine was only because I was out of space and they were transcoded .avi files. Looks like the problem is worse than that though.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Sage User

DVB-s with CI??

I see DVB-s mentioned. Does this beta support DVB-s with CI? Or do I have to wait for the next one?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_SS
It has a BDA driver and uses the same API as the PCI version so yes it should work fine.
Have you ever used the card with MyTheatre and the sage plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_SS
Not sure where you're located so this may not be relevant but... it looks like SkyHD is now working with the TT card
Fixed my location Well that sounds pretty cool. Sadly I don't have a Sky HD subscription or a HDTV. I'm not sure my server is powerful enough to handle a Hd stream. Let alone 1 HD and 3 SD streams. Is RAID performance required for writing a single HD stream to disk?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
Has the MVP Won't Connect when using Service mode problem been fixed?

For reference: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20817
seems fixed, I posted my testings on that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Has the annoying beep the MVP makes been fixed in this release?
No, it still beeps randomly for me.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you think I should file a bug report, or was this a feature?? I hope I explained it ok to understand!
I don't think Sage should have been able to play those files in the first place, but it shouldn't have deleted them from the drive. I could see removing them from the recording directory, but Sage shouldn't be deleting anything unless it has permission to do so.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
Has the annoying beep the MVP makes been fixed in this release?
Looks like they skipped this fix again. That is too bad, this bug is so damn annoying and effects not only this beta but the "released" version as well.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Linux 6.0.13

http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/server.tar.gz is still 6.0.12

2006-10-17, 12571816

Any idea when 6.0.13 for linux will be posted?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you think this is a bug by chance?? I just really don't have a clue myself. Thanks for the help into this!
I have no clue, maybe someone else does.

I know from my log files mine was deleted to free up space. Yours appears to have failed some sort of verification. If the recordings were actually bad Sage should have deleted them as soon as they finished recording.

I think you should file a bug report just in case.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe I found another bug with transcoded files. This seems to only happen if a show was originally recorded to a local or mapped drive and then was switched over to UNC paths.

When you transcode a show and have Sage replace the original it will show duplicate entries in the recording directory. If you look under detailed info it will show one at something like D:\Sage Recordings and the other at \\mediaserver\Sage Recordings.

I've filed a bug report on this one as well.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/server.tar.gz is still 6.0.12

2006-10-17, 12571816

Any idea when 6.0.13 for linux will be posted?
An hour and ten minutes after you posted.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
4. Update for latest x264 version 54
That's good! But none of the SageTV transcoding presets is set up to do h264. Are the "transcoder/formats/" options documented somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
15. Transcoder enhancements for encoding interlaced material
I researched really hard to see what the change is, but I still can't figure it out..

The problem is, Divx/Xvid/h264 transcoding is NEVER going to preserve the interlacing properly. So if you have a hard-telecined interlaced material (mostly everything that's on tv in the usa) and if you try to remedy this problem by doing deinterlace while transcoding instead of inverce-telecine, you'll always end up with stuttering motion scenes. Doesn't matter how high a bitrate you chose, the result will look bad.

ffmpeg (aka: SageTVTranscoder.exe) doesn't have ivtc, or any other kind of filter for that matter. So is there any chance that you'll give us an option to transcode with something else, like MEncoder for example? Or maybe an option to enter our own command line for the transcoding?

Also, is it possible to mark the transcoded videos with a icon in the lists, so we can distinguish them easily from videos that haven't been transcoded?

Thanks!

-=patilan=-

Last edited by Patilan; 10-31-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
This just happened to me as well. I lost over 20 of my World Series of Poker recordings, and they were set to NOT delete..ever. I am a bit bummed.. And the real funny thing is I had over 250 gigs of FREE space on the server, and it deleted them on a network drive that was under 40 gigs free, and that drive is not even part of the recording drives.
If you really want them back, don't use the drive anymore and download RecoverMyFiles. It will more than likely be able to recover them, although maybe not with the correct names.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Found another bug. When sorting recordings by original air date only the month and day are being used. The year is being ignored. Filing a bug report now.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
Would you guys please wake up?
That's a good tactic. I bet your request is now on the top of their list.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ha-ha! Good point!

I guess I get over excited.

That's gone now.

Thanks.

Last edited by Patilan; 10-31-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
I guess I get over excited.
Ya think.

I agree though, nearly everything I record requires IVTC for proper playback. I'm glad to see Sage is still working on improving the transcoding. I don't know what they did to improve deinterlacing, but the shows I've tried it on (video content) do look better than the last beta. It looks good enough now that I could transcode most if not all video content and be fairly happy. As you said though very little content is video.

I'm still hoping at some point we get IVTC so that it becomes a viable option to use on film content.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage User

So for those that were experiencing the navigation problems (ie ff,rew) on mpeg4 files in the last beta this issue is resolved... sort of.

While I havent (yet) submitted a bug report it appears that 6.0.13 still has location issues and requires that (at random tries) you hit ff or rew 2+ times in order to jump forward one increment.

Just a heads up..
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by agover
So for those that were experiencing the navigation problems (ie ff,rew) on mpeg4 files in the last beta this issue is resolved... sort of.

While I havent (yet) submitted a bug report it appears that 6.0.13 still has location issues and requires that (at random tries) you hit ff or rew 2+ times in order to jump forward one increment.

Just a heads up..
I am not very clear what you mean by "one increment". But my guess would be that you are used to the search accuracy of the DVD compliant streams, where one keyframe comes every 15 frames (half a second). For mpeg4 encodes, the default rate for keyframes is set to like 250 or 300. You could set a lower value for your encoding, probably at the expense of some encoding efficiency.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I believe I found another bug with transcoded files. This seems to only happen if a show was originally recorded to a local or mapped drive and then was switched over to UNC paths.

When you transcode a show and have Sage replace the original it will show duplicate entries in the recording directory. If you look under detailed info it will show one at something like D:\Sage Recordings and the other at \\mediaserver\Sage Recordings.
Apparently this can't be fixed because there is no way to tell if the UNC path resolves to the same local path.

I don't know if this will work for anyone else (assuming it affects anyone else), but it did for me. I looked at the detailed info and found the entry showing the old recording path and told Sage to delete the show. It removed the show from the list of recordings, but left it on the disk. That left me with 1 entry for the show and all seems to be well.

Last edited by blade; 11-01-2006 at 05:22 AM.