SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Try renaming the .divx's to .avi's (why Divx gives a different extension to perfectly normal avi files is beyond me... I guess a case of over-marketing). The dvd burner then knows that it has to convert the .avi's (back) into mpeg2 DVD format for burning...

As for the other error... don't know...

(PS: Shaun: well cool -- pity there were only those few episodes)
Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
You can imagine my excitment! I've found your STVi, installed it, following the instructions. Ran through adding a load of video files. It all seems to work. I go to my 'Other Programs' and there's nothing there! poot!

I've look at the log file (dvdList.log) in the DVD folder and found that everything goes OK up util the point: -

gm = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe
Full Path = \\netstore01\PUBLIC\(TV Recordings)\Kids\Shaun\Shaun the Sheep-Whos the Mummy and Fleeced.divx
ERROR - Video type not supported (yet)

The files I am trying to use are all divx. Do you not support this file format yet or is the message a Red Herring?

And another question. I am running this on a client. Why does it not like me having my temp folder on the C Drive? It actually raises an error when I try to write an mpeg2 to DVD. The error is :-

** ERROR **
Scrath path, C:\DVDtmp, is formated dangerouly. Please use a directory that isn't on the C drive, isn't a UNC path, and isn't the root of a drive

I only have one drive in my Sage Client, the C drive and there is no whay I can add another.
Nielm's right about the .divx, you should be able to rename those to .avi's.

As for the the other error, I took out that check a few versions ago so I'm a little confused as to how your getting it Do me a favor and post your perl2dvd.pl so I can make sure you've got the right one. (you might have to rename it to perl2dvd.pl.txt)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
(PS: Shaun: well cool -- pity there were only those few episodes)
They've made 40 episodes in total. They've only shown the first 20.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Nielm's right about the .divx, you should be able to rename those to .avi's.

As for the the other error, I took out that check a few versions ago so I'm a little confused as to how your getting it Do me a favor and post your perl2dvd.pl so I can make sure you've got the right one. (you might have to rename it to perl2dvd.pl.txt)
The pl file does have a check in it. Maybe I do have the wrong version. I'll have a look when I get home
Old 04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
The pl file does have a check in it. Maybe I do have the wrong version. I'll have a look when I get home
Yep, make sure you download 2.0.1a. That should get you going.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, changed divx to avi and found a bit to set in the advanced prefs file. All is working well. Like your new picture, nielm!

Thanks for your help
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Sage User

Having trouble with my MVP

First off - evilpenguin thank you very much for the great plugin.

Now, on to me. I just installed the plugin and it works very well on my server. Unfortunately, on my MVP upon trying to kick off imgburn in other programs nothing happens. Also, I don't see icons indicating whether the dvd is ready. I saw on another thread that jlindborg had the plugin working on an MVP. Have any other people had success? Am I missing something that I need to do just for the MVP?

Last edited by _matt_; 04-26-2007 at 03:41 AM. Reason: to fix capitolization in evilpenguin's name.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that you can't run imgBurn from the MVP, you'll have to use a full fledged client or server for that.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Create DVDs from anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by _matt_ View Post
First off - evilpenguin thank you very much for the great plugin.

Now, on to me. I just installed the plugin and it works very well on my server. Unfortunately, on my MVP upon trying to kick off imgburn in other programs nothing happens. Also, I don't see icons indicating whether the dvd is ready. I saw on another thread that jlindborg had the plugin working on an MVP. Have any other people had success? Am I missing something that I need to do just for the MVP?
matt,

While I never worked out the issues with my DVD burn status via the "other programs" menu, I do create DVDs from my MVP, as well as placeshifter. All I had to do was use the "SaveTV Application Package" .XML file that included the imported .STVi "SageTV_DVD_Burning.stvi".

In fact, I never even touch my SageTV server. It sits in a closet at a neighbor's house, and I maintain it via RDC over a wireless network. With the use of DirMon2, it detects when the image is finished, then moves it to another server at my house. That server uses DirMon2 to see that an image has arrived, then runs imgburn on the file. An hour or so after I create a DVD on my MVP, or Placeshifter, out pops a finished DVD.

All I have to do is keep a fresh blank DVD in the burner drive after a recorded disk is finished.
Intel Skulltrail D5400XS, Dual Quad Core Xeon L5420, Windows Server 2012 R2 on 200Gb partition, 32Gb RAM, 8x WD 2Tb RE4 RAID6 on LSI 9690SA-8I (DVD/Blu-Ray), 2x 4Tb HDDs (TV), Colossus, 2x HD-PVR, HDHR3 Prime, DirectTV STB, USB-UIRT, Sage v2 v3 v4 v5 v6 v7.1.9, Java v1.6 build 45, 3 Placeshifter licenses, and 3 HD-300's.
Plugins: Phoenix API, PlayOn For SageTV, Comskip Playback, YouTube, Nielm's Sage Utiities
Software: PlayOn, ComSkip Monitor, ComSkip
Old 04-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Sage User

vhurst:

Thanks, that's a good idea. In fact, it's probably even better that way. I am trying to set it up for some non technical people and the fewer the steps for them the better.

Last edited by _matt_; 04-27-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: removed a "the the"
Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhurst View Post
matt,

While I never worked out the issues with my DVD burn status via the "other programs" menu, I do create DVDs from my MVP, as well as placeshifter. All I had to do was use the "SaveTV Application Package" .XML file that included the imported .STVi "SageTV_DVD_Burning.stvi".

In fact, I never even touch my SageTV server. It sits in a closet at a neighbor's house, and I maintain it via RDC over a wireless network. With the use of DirMon2, it detects when the image is finished, then moves it to another server at my house. That server uses DirMon2 to see that an image has arrived, then runs imgburn on the file. An hour or so after I create a DVD on my MVP, or Placeshifter, out pops a finished DVD.

All I have to do is keep a fresh blank DVD in the burner drive after a recorded disk is finished.
That's cool

Old 04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Have you given up on version 2.5??

I am still unable to use this version because the generated DVD's have the audio/video out of sync, and you said the new version might have a solution for that.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Have you given up on version 2.5??

I am still unable to use this version because the generated DVD's have the audio/video out of sync, and you said the new version might have a solution for that.
Nope, i'm still coding away at it, albiet *very* slowly...

Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Sage User

Help with setup...

Well, I'm a fairly new user, but I was determined to set this up on my own... after spending a couple of days on it, I'm a little stuck. Here are the problems, listed in order of magnitude

1. )I'm close, but when I finally got a DVD burned last night, and went and played it, it ran at double speed for some reason... like half the data was cut out. Video looked good (just looked like it was on fast forward) and the audio was clipped, or running really fast, like the video. (I tested to make sure that a DVD would play properly in both Sage and PowerDVD.)

Here are the specs: Original mpeg was a HD 30 minute show (30 Rock) recorded in Mpeg2-PS, 16:9, 1080I, AC3 5.1. The size was 4.65 Gigs.
After I got things fired off, it took about 1 1/2 hours of ffmpeg running before I got a burn image, never did see mencoder fire off.

For what it's worth, the creation date of mencoder I have is Oct 28, 2006, and ffmpeg is May 12, 2006.

I'm running Sage 1.9, have the version 1_2_2 Other,
and downloaded the Version 2_0_1a. I have also attached the relevent files...

2.) When I ran this, I saw a large button in the others screen, with the image file name, but no image. However, if I went into the Sage_others folder, and clicked on the button image file, it looked fine... just not in Sage.

I wonder if I did my directory structure right? The perl2DVD folder is in C:\program folders\Sagetv\Sagetv, as well as the general perl files.

The MCE folder is in program folders\Sagetv\STV's, as well as program folders\Sagetv\STV's\SageTV3. (The redundancy is from multiple installs...

I'm running the standard version of Sage, not the SageMC...

The files on the DVD ended up 2.11 Gigs...

3) The menus and buttons on the DVD ended up blank as well....

Any help is GREATLY appreciated so I can regain my sanity
Attached Files
File Type: zip 30 Rock - Fireworks.dvdList.0.qdvd.dvd.zip (4.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: zip dvdList.zip (919 Bytes, 162 views)
File Type: zip perl2dvd.advanced.zip (1.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: zip perl2dvd.zip (413 Bytes, 163 views)

Last edited by Tander; 04-30-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tander View Post
Well, I'm a fairly new user, but I was determined to set this up on my own... after spending a couple of days on it, I'm a little stuck. Here are the problems, listed in order of magnitude

1. )I'm close, but when I finally got a DVD burned last night, and went and played it, it ran at double speed for some reason... like half the data was cut out. Video looked good (just looked like it was on fast forward) and the audio was clipped, or running really fast, like the video. (I tested to make sure that a DVD would play properly in both Sage and PowerDVD.)

Here are the specs: Original mpeg was a HD 30 minute show (30 Rock) recorded in Mpeg2-PS, 16:9, 1080I, AC3 5.1. The size was 4.65 Gigs.
After I got things fired off, it took about 1 1/2 hours of ffmpeg running before I got a burn image, never did see mencoder fire off.

For what it's worth, the creation date of mencoder I have is Oct 28, 2006, and ffmpeg is May 12, 2006.

I'm running Sage 1.9, have the version 1_2_2 Other,
and downloaded the Version 2_0_1a. I have also attached the relevent files...
In regards to #1, did you try the DVD on a standalone, non-PC, player?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Yes, pretty much the same thing, except there is alot of tearing, etc., as the player tries to resolve the image...

Tander
Old 05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tander View Post
Yes, pretty much the same thing, except there is alot of tearing, etc., as the player tries to resolve the image...

Tander
Hmm... I've heard reports that i'm not handling 1080i properly in v2.0, this might be that issue. I'd recommend trying to burn an SDTV show just to check your setup. I'll worry about HDTV encoding in the next version.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 05-01-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hmm... I've heard reports that i'm not handling 1080i properly in v2.0, this might be that issue. I'd recommend trying to burn an SDTV show just to check your setup. I'll worry about HDTV encoding in the next version.

Evilpenguin,

I've been following the thread for some time and I know you mentioned that you're close to releasing the next version(or I'm under that impression anyway). I've held off trying to get this installed as the first time was mostly a flop. I'm not trying to nag for the new version, but what's your take on waiting for the next one vs. pulling some hair out with the current one knowing that the next one is sometime around the corner?

thanks,

Bryan
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119 View Post
Evilpenguin,

I've been following the thread for some time and I know you mentioned that you're close to releasing the next version(or I'm under that impression anyway). I've held off trying to get this installed as the first time was mostly a flop. I'm not trying to nag for the new version, but what's your take on waiting for the next one vs. pulling some hair out with the current one knowing that the next one is sometime around the corner?

thanks,

Bryan
I'd say wait for the next version. The big thing holding me back is that I was trying to build up a new frontend (UI/DVD burning), but it just isn't coming together at all. But I do have a ton of backend (encoding, setup) fixes that i've just been sitting on forever. So i'm shifting gears and am frantically working on a writting a little temporary code to shoe horn my new backend into an only slightly improved version of the old frontend. I hate throwing out dates, but i'm fairly confident I can hit the end of May... for real this time

Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'd say wait for the next version. The big thing holding me back is that I was trying to build up a new frontend (UI/DVD burning), but it just isn't coming together at all. But I do have a ton of backend (encoding, setup) fixes that i've just been sitting on forever. So i'm shifting gears and am frantically working on a writting a little temporary code to shoe horn my new backend into an only slightly improved version of the old frontend. I hate throwing out dates, but i'm fairly confident I can hit the end of May... for real this time
Excellent, I'll hold off then. Thanks for doing this, I really look forward to it and I think it'll go a long way in helping me back stuff up and also give recordings to friends of mine less fortunate than I who has a Sage setup. They don't know what they're missing.
Closed Thread